• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL CENTRAL DISCUSSION

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voltaire....I do want to ask you a question. It is just a definition of a word that you often use: troll.

Now I can see your point of view when you call ME a troll...but it eludes me how you cannot see that doug is/was the king of the trolls? You just stated that "doug could never handle trolls". Do you think it might be because he is one himself. This is a definition of a computer troll:

''In Internet slang, a troll (/troʊl, trɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response..."

This definition seems to scream out - DOUG....at least in my view.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK....back to sports. On this day in 1948.......:pound:

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voltaire....I do want to ask you a question. It is just a definition of a word that you often use: troll.

Now I can see your point of view when you call ME a troll...but it eludes me how you cannot see that doug is/was the king of the trolls? You just stated that "doug could never handle trolls". Do you think it might be because he is one himself. This is a definition of a computer troll:

''In Internet slang, a troll (/troʊl, trɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response..."

I think doug was a disillusioned fan (much like myself) who just wanted to think good about his team. When someone from an opposing team challenges you and calls you out (especially if they are right), you take your lumps. Someone who is waving the same banner or has no credible opponent and puts nothing at risk challenges you it's annoying. Even though I hate ohio state, I respect those who give me shit. When an Indian's fan (or Twins, Royals or White Sox) give me shit ... I respect that. If someone wants to give me shit about the Wolverines, I respect that if they have a credible team. If someone comes at me in a malicious manner with nothing on the line ... that's bullshit. You and @handicappers don't really matter to me, because you have shown that nothing is beneath you ... calling people names and baiting people is the way you validate yourself. @broncosmitty being upset with me bothers me because I fell I may have been at fault. What I have seen was doug attempting to fend you, @handicappers and the ohio state's folks off. He's fair game to the ohio state and Indians's fans. But you and @handicappers were out of line ... I may be wrong, but that's my perception or my opinion. I take some heat on the Political Forum and the College Football Forum, but I have never witnessed anything as mean-spirited as here.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think doug was a disillusioned fan (much like myself) who just wanted to think good about his team. When someone from an opposing team challenges you and calls you out (especially if they are right), you take your lumps. Someone who is waving the same banner or has no credible opponent and puts nothing at risk challenges you it's annoying. Even though I hate ohio state, I respect those who give me shit. When an Indian's fan (or Twins, Royals or White Sox) give me shit ... I respect that. If someone wants to give me shit about the Wolverines, I respect that if they have a credible team. If someone comes at me in a malicious manner with nothing on the line ... that's bullshit. You and @handicappers don't really matter to me, because you have shown that nothing is beneath you ... calling people names and baiting people is the way you validate yourself. @broncosmitty being upset with me bothers me because I fell I may have been at fault. What I have seen was doug attempting to fend you, @handicappers and the ohio state's folks off. He's fair game to the ohio state and Indians's fans. But you and @handicappers were out of line ... I may be wrong, but that's my perception or my opinion. I take some heat on the Political Forum and the College Football Forum, but I have never witnessed anything as mean-spirited as here.
Shut it bitch.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as no one pisses on my shoes, and every one recognizes my genius.....I will endeavor to get along with "youse all". :)

(However I believe the poster 'kinkybluetoe' may not return...such is his disgust)
Was he banned?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look you nasty little marsupial kwit yer bichen

I WAS THE BITCH THAT GOT DOUG BANNED. HATE ME
Getting a man arrested in a rest area isn't on the same level as hijacking a guys thread for the season and then gayin up the joint with disingenuous niceties and respect for thyne neighbors.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doug has owned people with his trolling for a fucking decade. He's among the greatest. And unlike you, me and RBF, he's done it with one identity. He's a HOF talent. Not counting his number crunching ability.

And people have to get the authorities involved to get him out of their daily bidness.

But even Elliot Ness can't get him out of their heads.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug has owned people with his trolling for a fucking decade. He's among the greatest. And unlike you, me and RBF, he's done it with one identity. He's a HOF talent. Not counting his number crunching ability.

And people have to get the authorities involved to get him out of their daily bidness.

:crazy:

You're completely clueless. So you think doug has owned people by calling everyone gay? Repeating the same nonsense year after year. 1948. blah-blah-blah. This is the year the Tigers will win the ALc. blah-blah-blah. Justin Verlander. blah-blah-blah. Miggy. Blah-blah-blah. Jimmy Jam & meeeechegan football. blah-blah-blah.

Although why don't you step up to the plate & replace doug as the dumbest poster in this thread? Oh wait, too late.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're completely clueless. So you think doug has owned people by calling everyone gay? Repeating the same nonsense year after year. 1948. blah-blah-blah. This is the year the Tigers will win the ALc. blah-blah-blah. Justin Verlander. blah-blah-blah. Miggy. Blah-blah-blah. Jimmy Jam & meeeechegan football. blah-blah-blah.

Although why don't you step up to the plate & replace doug as the dumbest poster in this thread? Oh wait, too late.
He's owning you right now.

You aren't on the same level as him. Eventually the rest of you will accept it. I don't expect that to be soon, but you will. And when it happens, the whole internet will open up for you. But until then, enjoy your delusions of superiority to an all time great.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jesus, you're a whiny bitch. STFU already

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK...we agree he was a very good troll. My contention is - he lost it. You can blame me, handicappers, Voltaire, or whomever...but the dougplayer character lost it. He was constant repetition. Nothing new. @PEOPLESCHICKEN hit it when he said basically it was "1948, Verlander, Harbaugh, and gay references". Add in the now stupid line of banter of knocking the Indians as a Tiger fan....and the doug character was sinking.
I will also agree that he could grab everyone's attention (a sign of a good troll). Yet once he had it, he had little to back it up - thus the repetition. And thus the animosity.
And one more thing. I think doug got a little too brazen for his own good at the end, partly because he felt he had the backing of a bunch of the "old timers" here. When he was banned briefly a little while back...you, slinky and several other old timers (no disrespect with the word old) came to his defense. I think that might have emboldened his shtick.

PS...even if ''the doug'' was a game. There are good games and bad games. LOL

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And my bowels have often told me that doug was a mythical figure.

From the movie Harvey;
"The pooka appears here and there - now and then - to this one and that one - a benign but mischievous creature - very fond of rumpots, crackpots, and how are you, Mr. Wilson?"

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With all due respect ... that isn't me ... I am a 60 year old, biracial, retired cop who doesn't back down to trolls and appreciates battle (aka shit) rightfully given to me by competitors from my rival teams. Just a simple man. Thanks though ... saves me from Googling him.