• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ahtyba Rubin contract details

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the ongoing theme today of looking at contract details, Rubin's is a 3 year- $12 million deal with a $4.5 million signing bonus and a yearly $500,000 roster bonus. It breaks down this way:

$1.0 million Base Salary
$500k in per game roster bonuses
+ signing bonus divided over the length of the contract ($1.5 million)
Counts $3.0 million against the cap

$1.7 million Base Salary
Counts $3.7M against the cap
$3 million in dead money against the cap if he is cut (or $700k in cap savings if you want to look at it from another perspective).

$3.3M Base Salary
Counts $5.3M against the cap
$1.5 million in dead money against the cap if he is cut (or $3.8 million in cap savings if you want to look at it from another perspective).

So this could very well be a two year deal with a restructure or a cut for the third year.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely love it. To me he was the Mebane replacement the moment the season ended and that's exactly how it went down. It also gives us the leverage the the 1st 2 years, leaving the big cap hit at the end of the contract.

I wanted Rubin and Lane back, and thought Kearse, Irvin and Mebane were gone. We kinda got Chop Chop to fall in our laps when he didn't find a big money deal in FA and that's fine by me. With Sweezy leaving (wasn't ever a big fan) I'm kinda feeling like we're about to go hard after Okung. Hopefully we can keep the guy and not have to hope and wish for the LT spot while not paying out the ass.