• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

After hearing and seeing about Dante Fowler....

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of glad Shane Ray has a bit of toe issue and even if no surgery is needed,they still need to work him in slowly. Feel bad for Fowler. Was kinda of surprised watching video that in first practice they had 11 on 11 during which Dante got hurt. Is`nt that kinda early for 11-11 even without pads?. Thought first day for most teams would be a little less aggressive than that.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though Fowler isn't a player for the Broncos, it's devastating as a fan to think about how terrible this is for this young man's career. What a terrible way to get started. The Jaguars are snake-bitten for sure! I really hope the Broncos are careful with their players in camp this off season! It sounds like they're taking their time with getting Ray on the field.

MH64

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, injuries like that are caused most commonly from PED use. There was no contact. Pectoral tears, etc etc and injuries with no contact.

Typically, when muscular girth is enhanced (synthetically) it tends to put more pressure on the tendons and ligaments than they are able to handle. I guess every body has a certain genetic code, and that is altered injuries tend to happen.

Let us not kid ourselves. All of them (especially the linemen) take PEDs. Of course, that is my opinion and it was a bit of a freak injury.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jags can't catch a break, can they? The Colts are still the class of that division, The Texans, despite their QB issues are still a pretty solid team, especially with that defense, and the Titans, even with a rookie QB in Mariotta will probably be significantly better than the Jags. Things do change fast in the NFL, but I just don't see the Jags elbowing their way to the top any time soon.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now we can't quite catch a break as our 3rd round pick Heuerman tore his ACL and is out for the year. Honestly I didn't think he would be a big part of our offense this year. The issue will be him missing all these practice reps that next year will be pretty much like starting anew with the only advantage being he knows the playbook. He had talked about how he had never played from the huddle before this week and that is something that will be missed in his development for year 2. Throw in they said he was actually looking like the star of rookie mini-camp. Now they said the same thing about Latimer last year so again not sure how much of an impact he would have had year 1 but this definitely hurts to lose somebody during a non-contact drill so early in the off season.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
broncosballer,

You also have guys pushing their bodies to the limits in the effort to get stronger and faster. They work out everyday on top of practices and that wear and tear tends to pile up. I think some of these cases are much like the phenomenon of seeing high school pitchers with blown out shoulders. They practice so hard and so much that their bodies cannot keep up.

I would also guess that a ligament does not go form 0 to torn in one play. I would bet his tear started earlier from a pre-draft workout or awkward step and has not been allowed to heal. You then try to rush through/around a 300lb man and it just can't handle the forces exerted in that burst.

I am no doctor but in the mechanical world, things rarely go from 100% to fracture due to one loading. And I am a little wishful that not all guys are indulging in the PEDs.

:suds: