• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFC Championship Game Week Thread

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With what is going on in this thread, this is exactly what the media and the NFL wants, a ''Manning vs Brady'' debate. Take way from what is more important, Broncos vs Patriots.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that win against the Chargers was exactly what the Broncos needed to get rid of some of the demons from last season. If this was the divisional round game against the Patriots I could maybe agree with him but the big win and to get over that hump I think the Broncos will be just fine. Doesn't mean they will win as this is two great teams and BB is the great equalizer in this game to me.

I just don't see beating a bad-team as confidence building unless your confidence is completely in the tanks.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With what is going on in this thread, this is exactly what the media and the NFL wants, a ''Manning vs Brady'' debate. Take way from what is more important, Broncos vs Patriots.

There was a bit of that going on in here, but it's no been relegated exclusively to thread that's only about Manning v. Brady. LOL

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a bit of that going on in here, but it's no been relegated exclusively to thread that's only about Manning v. Brady. LOL

Yeah I know, but this thread has slowly made it's way towards that lol

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see beating a bad-team as confidence building unless your confidence is completely in the tanks.

The Chargers went to Cincinnati and beat the Bengals there, where Cincinnati had been 8-0, the week before their playoff loss in Denver. Three weeks before that SD came to Denver and handed the Broncos its only home loss of the season. You claiming that SD is a bad team does not make that true.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the Denver coaching staff has its work cut out for them. Brady and Manning and their current teammates also figure to play important roles.

When it comes to the Xs and Os, it will be:

Brady v Fox/Del Rio

Manning v BB

Like Boomer Esiason said: "I think really what speaks to the greatness of both of these quarterbacks, they both have, along with Bill Belichick, and I’m sure John Fox says this as well, a Ph.D. in high-level thought processes that give them the opportunity to make these championship games each year."

so when it comes to Xs and Os, disguising and recognizing blitzes and coverage, audibles, etc, you have:

Ph.D. in high-level thought processes Manning v Ph.D. in high-level thought processes BB

Ph.D. in high-level thought processes Brady v Fox/Del Rio

of course, when it comes to making plays, anybody can step up big. Trindon Holliday is an awesome returner. Aqib Talib is an awesome corner. Or it could be someone you least expect who makes the game-winning play in the end

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The QB who makes the plays he needs to at the right time wins that game for his team, though. They don't necessarily need to carry their team but they need to be efficient at the right times.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers went to Cincinnati and beat the Bengals there, where Cincinnati had been 8-0, the week before their playoff loss in Denver. Three weeks before that SD came to Denver and handed the Broncos its only home loss of the season. You claiming that SD is a bad team does not make that true.

Everyone knew damn well SD never had a shot. They were a bad team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree San Diego is a team the Broncos should beat. Sometimes though that is exactly what makes a team like San Diego dangerous. Throw in the pressure from losing last year to a team they should have beat and it could have been a game the Broncos let get away. I just think when all that has been talked about for a year when it comes to the Broncos is "Yes they are great but can they get it done in the playoffs" it helps to get that first win under the belt. Now it doesn't mean they will win this next one just helps to not have to worry about getting that first win.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knew damn well SD never had a shot. They were a bad team.

"SD never had a shot" in which of the three games that I mentioned: the upset wins at Denver and Cincinatti or the loss at Denver in which SD pulled within seven points with under four minutes remaining? Again, despite your apparent inability to understand as much, you calling SD a "bad team" does not make them that. And the facts certainly don't support your claim.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A regular season game means nothing. Neither does beating a mediocre bengals team.

San Diego was absurdly outmatched and it would have been a choke of extreme proportions if the broncos had lost to them at home.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A regular season game means nothing. Neither does beating a mediocre bengals team.

San Diego was absurdly outmatched and it would have been a choke of extreme proportions if the broncos had lost to them at home.

You're clearly wrong about that, since regular season games determine which teams get into the playoffs.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The QB who makes the plays he needs to at the right time wins that game for his team, though. They don't necessarily need to carry their team but they need to be efficient at the right times.

I'm not arguing that, this thread was supposed to be mainly focused on the ''AFCCG'' not Manning vs Brady, and that's what it has turned into the last few pages. Esepcially when we have a separate thread for it already lol

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're clearly wrong about that, since regular season games determine which teams get into the playoffs.

But a letdown when you're playing a hungry division opponent when you're already coasting to the 1 seed is not the same as taking care of business in a game where you are significantly better and in the playoffs. This team needs to play at the level of it's QB and just do their jobs and that game is a cakewalk. They were better. Much better.

My point is not that they didn't need that win Sunday. They obviously did to be here. But if you need to draw on confidence from that you aren't focused on this next game. That's the level this team needs to be focused on to be a Super Bowl champion.

"The past is irrelevant and we're working on doing what we need to do to win this next game." That needs to be the entire thought process. You are built around your great QB and need to play to his level.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look how bizarre this is:

the rush/pass yards the last two times the Pats and Broncos faced off

2012 - Broncos L 21-31
Broncos O -- 324 pass yds /70 rush yds
Pats O -- 193 pass yds /251 rush yds

2013 - Broncos L 31-34
Broncos O -- 132 pass yds /280 rush yds
Pats O -- 324 pass yds /116 rush yds

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this was interesting. Broncos passing yards vs the Chargers this season:

--Week 10 -- W 28-20 -- 313 net pass yds (36 pass att)

--Week 15 -- L 20-27 -- 277 net pass yds (41 pass att)

--Playoffs -- W 24-17 -- 230 net pass yds (36 pass att)