• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: AFC Championship Game: Chiefs (11-6) @ Ravens (13-4)

Fred_Delosantos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really hoping the Bills would put the stop on the Chiefs, alas, the gods conspired against us, it was not to be.

so, now, really, really rooting for the Ravens.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing there has to be a bet out there offered by the bookies as to the under/over on the TV shots they'll show of Taylor Swift thruout the game. 13.5 seems like a reasonable number.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was fully bought in that Josh Allen would fully shit on the Chiefs curse at home. The scary part was how the Bills were only 2.5 point favs?

Now the Ravens are only 4 point favorites.

This Chiefs team has run their gamut of luck, right? No way they can win back-to-back road games.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see how the Chiefs O-line holds up vs this front seven . Gonna be a challenge because I think the Ravens defense is vastly superior to the depleted Bills. Gonna need to get Pacheco going and ride him again and hope to get production from CEH, I think. Keep Mahomes clean but having enough balance to slow the pass rush. I expect Mahomes to have a couple of key runs as well.
On the other side of the ball, the Chiefs defense needs to play their best game of the season. Weird saying that considering how well they've played all year but they can't let the Ravens offense get rolling and they have to contain Lamar in the pocket. Expecting a huge game from Chris Jones but what's the word on Willy Gay? They need that spy to keep Lamar in check.
I'm expecting a close game but I think the Ravens win this one and Lamar get's to the SB. I pity their NFC opponent if they do because Lamar seems to be on a mission. Chiefs would be a SB favorite as well but Lamar is the NFC's Daddy.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the key point made so far is Baltimore's defense is much better than the depleted Bills D. I think most fans are sick of the Chiefs and that was before Taylor Swift. So let's all root for the Ravens.
Nope...

Go Chiefs... :heh:

Happy Kansas City Chiefs GIF by Jomboy Media

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a shame there's no rivalry that I know of between the Chiefs and Ravens. I thought the Chiefs-Bengals playoff rivalry was fierce but now I see the Bills really take it personally.

But as far as QB duels go, this should be really fun to watch. They're both gamers and they both can throw the kitchen sink at opposing defenses.

I expect the Chiefs defense to focus on the shutting down Lamar's running attack with the hope that his arm will be less of a threat. The problem is he tends to run less now and he had a career-high completion percentage this season. So now he's more balanced than ever and if he's comfortable with it, I think he can pick up alot of yards with his legs.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like the run NE had - I mean - you hate it - but you love seeing that kind of sustainability in today's sports. I mean, yeah - it sucks if you are a fan outside of said team - but it is impressive.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the key point made so far is Baltimore's defense is much better than the depleted Bills D. I think most fans are sick of the Chiefs and that was before Taylor Swift. So let's all root for the Ravens.
i just can,t pull for another harbaugh to win.i think the chiefs/lions rematch from earlier this year would be great.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills/Chiefs game was a bit of an anomaly because the Bills D was really depleted and the Chiefs D was also kinda depleted. It gave that 'back and forth anyone can score' feel. This game shouldn't be that. On paper, these teams are pretty similar. 2x MVP QBs. Reliable FG unit. Solid defense. The two big differences are that the Ravens force a lot of turnovers, and the Ravens red zone defense is better than the Chiefs red zone offense.

This is pretty much where we see the limits of what the Chiefs receivers can do. Ravens D gives up the lowest net yards gained per pass attempt in the league. A big part of why the Chiefs matched up well with the Ravens in the past is because they were blitz-reliant and this group isn't.

Its a tough matchup. I do think home field doesn't really matter. If anything, MVS might be happy to be away from the KC fans who have seen him drop passes all year.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever it takes to get a player pumped up is cool with me. But I think the whole "disrespect" card gets played way too often and it rarely exists on the field. Kelce is probably more upset that actual football fans aren't in love with his girlfriend and the cheesy love story the media is force feeding us. I'm kinda part kidding around here, lol. Frankly, I don't really give a shit what Kelce says or who he's boinking. :D

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever it takes to get a player pumped up is cool with me. But I think the whole "disrespect" card gets played way too often and it rarely exists on the field. Kelce is probably more upset that actual football fans aren't in love with his girlfriend and the cheesy love story the media is force feeding us. I'm kinda part kidding around here, lol. Frankly, I don't really give a shit what Kelce says or who he's boinking. :D
I totally agree that the disrespect card gets played waaaay too often. But in the case of the Chiefs I think it's valid. Not too many people have been talking Chiefs this season, including me.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it will be a long kc day if they don,t stop lammar,s running.if they think allen was bad wait ill he gets going.
I mean, i don't think Allen was bad relative to what Chiefs fans have seen. Chiefs were down 3 starters on defense and gave up 24. With previous teams, they'd give up 36 under those circumstances.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, i don't think Allen was bad relative to what Chiefs fans have seen. Chiefs were down 3 starters on defense and gave up 24. With previous teams, they'd give up 36 under those circumstances.
i still think if he gets off and running and in a rhythm,he,s gonna be hard to stop.