• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adrian Peterson

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in no way saying what AP did was ok. But we are talking about a great RB that has been beaten on by defenses for years and some ways it was the other way around. When this aggression is a constant for these guys, week in and week out, I think sometimes they don't realize how to contain that aggression in a moment of anger. We all love NFL and the best moments in this game come from anger and emotion.

How do you turn it off? I don't care if it's a 4 year acting up or your wife slapping you silly.

We can't expect perfection from these guys that get their brains bashed in on a daily basis for years at a time.

Not defending them either, but you brought up some valid points.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember having to go to the bushes and pick out my switches a many of times, "not too thin and not too thick" is what moms would normally say. Pops would normally get the belt and give me a whooping and at times if i got the switch there would be a couple of whelps but they would go away after a few hrs or a day. But if i can recall correctly they never broke the skin and made it bleed. I believe in spare the rod spoil the child all day but that was a bit much especially at 4; AP was too heavy handed on the lad.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If AP was raised the same way, his parents made perhaps the best RB ever. The bruises were in the leg, but I agree the 4 year old got it worse than he probably should have and I bet that kid will now run a 4.40/40 in a few years. who knows? maybe the kid was playing football and fumbled.

I honestly should have been beaten way worse than I was. haha

On that note, did anyone watch Todd Gurley yesterday? He reminds me of another A Peterson. Size at 225 and moves like a cat.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I don't think AP intentionally meant to whip him that bad, but he did go overboard with it. Should he be punished for it, yeah to a certain extent but to have him lose his career over it I think is a bit much.