• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adjustments for Game 6

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Bogut is really struggling with his ankle, but he is doing a flat out HORRIBLE job on defending that pick and roll. At least Beans is trying to contain Parker and company when they run that play, but it's quite obvious that the Warriors defense hasn't adjusted completely to one of the Spurs' bread and butter plays as opposed to the Spurs and how they've locked down Klay and Curry on their own adjustments.

Additionally, when Jack as the ball, it's almost too predictable that he's going to jack up a shot running towards the hoop while the other 4 players are watching standing around watching him. Really Jackson? C'mon man, you could do better than that.

Are Curry and Klay going to have a breakout game simultaneously? Popovich once again displaying pure genius with how he defends the backcourt of the Warriors. It just amazes me how George Karl can win a coach of the year award when Popovich is right there showing time and time again why he's one of the best coaches in league history.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add to my point - Curry and Klay combined 13 points on 6 for 22 shooting. This was the best game by the Spurs. Good thing for the Dubbs is they gave Curry time off at the end of the game - he's going to need some breaks during Game 6 because there's no way he can score effectively playing 48 minutes on that ankle.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. You know things haven't been going well when it's refreshing to see Beans get some minutes. The Giants made it easy to switch to the Warriors, and the Warriors made it easy to switch to the Sharks. The Sharks kept me interested, but eventually made it easy to get to bed a little early. :(

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Curry would quit pouting because he doesn't like the "In Your Jersey" defense that Parker and Green are playing on him, and start playing they'll be OK.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs made some great adjustments to the Warriors, which is to be expected. They've had 4 games already against them, now know their tendencies and what they like to run in certain situations and have done a great job of game planning around it.

The biggest problems with the Warriors was on the defensive end. The Warriors played the worst defense I have seen in quite sometime and through these playoffs. Curry and Bogut were both going at half speed through out the game, and clearly favoring their ankles. Curry isn't a great defender to begin with and on a hobbled ankle it really makes his effort look worse than it probably was. That being said, he was absolutely terrible last night. Pretty much anyone he defended last night got an open look or easy drive to the hoop. Bogut was having the medical staff treat him mid-game, which definitely affected his mobility and his rim protection.

Klay got back to reaching and not playing solid defense. Even Barnes, Landry and Jack had all mental lapses at times. No one player played solid defense in this game.

When the Warriors struggle from the perimeter, it is essential that they fuel their offense off of their defense. The Spurs had 10 turnovers the whole game, limiting the amount of fast break opportunities for the Warriors. The Spurs outrebounded us and even though it was a small margin, we didn't have as many opportunities to run off of that. Also hard to run off made buckets, of which the Spurs shot 52%.

Offensively I'm not worried. Both Klay and Curry shot a low percentage, but they had a lot of good looks that just didn't fall. The Warriors didn't shoot horribly, but if they were able to control the boards, defend better and try to turn the Spurs over, that would translate to a better floor game on the offensive end.

Jackson has gotten his guys to respond after each loss in these playoffs and I expect them to do the same in game 6.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson has gotten his guys to respond after each loss in these playoffs and I expect them to do the same in game 6.[/QUOTE]

Not me. I expect the Spurs to close the Warriors out tomorrow night. I expect the Warriors to hang with the Spurs for 2 and a half quarters through adreneline and the crowd rush but slowly sink into mediocrity in the last quarter. It's gonna be the Spurs by between 13 and 19 points.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TobyTyler said:
Not me. I expect the Spurs to close the Warriors out tomorrow night. I expect the Warriors to hang with the Spurs for 2 and a half quarters through adreneline and the crowd rush but slowly sink into mediocrity in the last quarter. It's gonna be the Spurs by between 13 and 19 points.

They had one bad game and you expect them to lose at home...by upwards of 19 points? Seriously?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had one bad game and you expect them to lose at home...by upwards of 19 points? Seriously?

After watching them get blasted esterday both offensively and defensively and barely putting forth an effort, yes, I expect that they'll lose by double digits; probably around 13-19 points like I said. The Warriors play one style of ball on offense and don't have the players to adjust. Defensively, sorry Marc Jackson, they haven't got a clue.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching them get blasted esterday both offensively and defensively and barely putting forth an effort, yes, I expect that they'll lose by double digits; probably around 13-19 points like I said. The Warriors play one style of ball on offense and don't have the players to adjust. Defensively, sorry Marc Jackson, they haven't got a clue.

I figured the Ws had around a 50/50 chance in game 6, but this post almost guarantees a win for them.

LOL

Hey Nolan, can you try something different than the 'down Fifi down' post you have ready? You've used it like 3 times.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the warriors have played good D until game 5. If they play good D they are gonna be in game 6

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs made some great adjustments to the Warriors, which is to be expected. They've had 4 games already against them, now know their tendencies and what they like to run in certain situations and have done a great job of game planning around it.

The biggest problems with the Warriors was on the defensive end. The Warriors played the worst defense I have seen in quite sometime and through these playoffs. Curry and Bogut were both going at half speed through out the game, and clearly favoring their ankles. Curry isn't a great defender to begin with and on a hobbled ankle it really makes his effort look worse than it probably was. That being said, he was absolutely terrible last night. Pretty much anyone he defended last night got an open look or easy drive to the hoop. Bogut was having the medical staff treat him mid-game, which definitely affected his mobility and his rim protection.

Klay got back to reaching and not playing solid defense. Even Barnes, Landry and Jack had all mental lapses at times. No one player played solid defense in this game.

When the Warriors struggle from the perimeter, it is essential that they fuel their offense off of their defense. The Spurs had 10 turnovers the whole game, limiting the amount of fast break opportunities for the Warriors. The Spurs outrebounded us and even though it was a small margin, we didn't have as many opportunities to run off of that. Also hard to run off made buckets, of which the Spurs shot 52%.

Offensively I'm not worried. Both Klay and Curry shot a low percentage, but they had a lot of good looks that just didn't fall. The Warriors didn't shoot horribly, but if they were able to control the boards, defend better and try to turn the Spurs over, that would translate to a better floor game on the offensive end.

Jackson has gotten his guys to respond after each loss in these playoffs and I expect them to do the same in game 6.

:amen::clap2:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JLoShitsPants.jpg

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured the Ws had around a 50/50 chance in game 6, but this post almost guarantees a win for them.

LOL

Hey Nolan, can you try something different than the 'down Fifi down' post you have ready? You've used it like 3 times.

Dude said they weren't making the playoffs. And that Nolan had the Niners rolling. And that the Giants were done last year when they lost in Cincy.

He's a noisy turd, ain't he. Easiest to put him on ignore.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL

If you don't want to hear it, its easy; just stay off my leg. Geez, you follow me around like a love sick puppy.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude said they weren't making the playoffs. And that Nolan had the Niners rolling. And that the Giants were done last year when they lost in Cincy.

He's a noisy turd, ain't he. Easiest to put him on ignore.

Tweezil, get some more Masingill. Seems like the old feminine itch problem you suffered from back in the ESPN days has returned with a vengeance

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the warriors have played good D until game 5. If they play good D they are gonna be in game 6

I disagree. In game 5 the Spurs finally hit their shots. The threes have been wide open the entire series because of poor Warrior transition on defense but they couldn't knock 'em down.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't want to hear it, its easy; just stay off my leg. Geez, you follow me around like a love sick puppy.

Sooooo....you got nothin'

Not a huge surprise

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. In game 5 the Spurs finally hit their shots. The threes have been wide open the entire series because of poor Warrior transition on defense but they couldn't knock 'em down.

The Warriors transition defense has been good throughout the series. I like how you generalize the entire series based off one game. That's my favorite part of your post.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors transition defense has been good throughout the series. I like how you generalize the entire series based off one game. That's my favorite part of your post.

Bullshit. The Spurs have been shooting wide open threes all series. They made the Warriors look like fools with them in game 1 and in game 5. Games 2 and 4, they were just not knocking those shots down. I now have to question whether you watched this series.