• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD traded to Lakers

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it could work out but getting nice pieces like Pat Bev, some shooters and another post player will help a lot. Interesting to see how they fill out the rest of this roster THIS TIME.

I would put money on it they get a one of these guys, whether it is Butler, Kemba, Kyrie or DLo.

I have a feeling they're going to be going for a max type player too.

I just hope they dont strike out and then realise all the mid level players are gone too

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling they're going to be going for a max type player too.

I just hope they dont strike out and then realise all the mid level players are gone too

It seems like most guys, especially if it is their first time on the FA market take their time and explore their options so I think they will be ok. The plan is to get a max guy of course though.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few comments on the last several pages:

Good to have @gordontrue back.

Diet Coke is fer da gheys and da wimmenz.

Stfu TLF. You're not anyone's doctor.

I won't get out of bed for less than half a pot of coffee and don't be putting any sugar or cream in it.

Those caramel apple empanadas they have at Taco Bell rule.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few comments on the last several pages:

Good to have @gordontrue back.

Diet Coke is fer da gheys and da wimmenz.

Stfu TLF. You're not anyone's doctor.

I won't get out of bed for less than half a pot of coffee and don't be putting any sugar or cream in it.

Those caramel apple empanadas they have at Taco Bell rule.

Bad news man, Those mother fuckers ended the Apple Empanadas. You can't get them any more:mad2:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WBZ 98.5 The Sports Hub is reporting that the Lakers offered Anthony Davis a MAX contract extension and Davis has refused, telling the team that he will enter the free-agent market in 2020.

Was the trade worth it???

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WBZ 98.5 The Sports Hub is reporting that the Lakers offered Anthony Davis a MAX contract extension and Davis has refused, telling the team that he will enter the free-agent market in 2020.

lol

He turned it down because it was a max extension which is 4 years $146 million.

If he enters free agency, he is eligible for a 5 year $202 million deal.

The Lakers did their due diligence and AD did his.

Yes. it was worth it.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

in a word, yes...

at the very least we don't suck this season...

and btw, nothing's etched in stone yet...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am pretty sure it is because in free agency, he can hear other offers, but still the Lakers will have the best package to offer. A contract extension is more limited than a max player with 5 years. He wants to be set for a contract that could be his last big one ever. That is simply smart business and as of right now:

If the Lakers stay in the top few and get to the Western Conference Finals - He isn't going anywhere

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers stay in the top few and get to the Western Conference Finals - He isn't going anywhere

Don't you hate "IF"? On the opposite side is, What IF nothing works out as planned? What IF Miami comes in and decides to make an offer? There's always that other "IF".

There's no question that L.A. offers things that not many other places can offer, but there are drawbacks.

Take home pay in CAL from $150M contract is about $90M after all taxes and deductions. In FLA take home pay is about $110M....no state income tax and mush cheaper cost of living..... Makes a big difference.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take home pay in CAL from $150M contract is about $90M after all taxes and deductions. In FLA take home pay is about $110M....no state income tax and mush cheaper cost of living..... Makes a big difference.

lol

Name one player who has ever cited take home pay and/or taxes as a reason to not sign somewhere.

When you are making the money that these guys are making, you aren't worried about taxes.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are making the money that these guys are making, you aren't worried about taxes.

The hell they aren't. I don't give a shit who you are. You don't just throw away $20M regardless how much you're making. Please name me one player other than Antoine Walker who's ever been willing to just ignore $20M in his pocket. "I have to feed my family."

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hell they aren't. I don't give a shit who you are. You don't just throw away $20M regardless how much you're making. Please name me one player other than Antoine Walker who's ever been willing to just ignore $20M in his pocket. "I have to feed my family."

Like I said, name one athlete that has ever named taxes as a reason they wouldn't sign somewhere. It sure has hell hasn't stopped Lebron, AD, Kawhi or Paul George from coming to California teams.

Steph and Klay, etc. don't seem to be in any hurry to leave.

New York has higher taxes than California, yet we just saw Kyrie and KD go to the Nets.

Taxes, etc. don't have close to the same effect on people at that income level that they have on the rest of us. They have folks who manage their money and make sure that every loophole, etc. is used.

In addition to having folks manage their money for them, they pay taxes per game and it's based on the taxes from the state the game was played in. So, they only pay California taxes on games played in California, NY taxes on games played in NY, etc.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If youre earning less money that might be possible although ive never seen or heard of an athlete saying anything about that as a reason, but for most athletes come opportunities that dont exist in other states

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was expected, no reason to jump off of buildings. I mean unless you really want to.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

He turned it down because it was a max extension which is 4 years $146 million.

If he enters free agency, he is eligible for a 5 year $202 million deal.

The Lakers did their due diligence and AD did his.

Yes. it was worth it.

in a word, yes...

at the very least we don't suck this season...

and btw, nothing's etched in stone yet...

river