• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD narrows it down to two teams

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe to visit, but cannot think of many elite FAs/players other than Melo who chose to go there or wanted to be traded there.

If the Knicks weren’t a mess they’d be a bigger destination.

They got melon and amare

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe to visit, but cannot think of many elite FAs/players other than Melo who chose to go there or wanted to be traded there.

Me either. But there seem to be a few top players interested now. Personally, I've never understood it. NY press is brutal. Weather isn't great and MSG, while historic, is also old.

Maybe they all want to be there for the Rucker Tournament? :noidea:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me either. But there seem to be a few top players interested now. Personally, I've never understood it. NY press is brutal. Weather isn't great and MSG, while historic, is also old.

Don't some of them want to be there because they're from there, like Kyrie?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Been there a handful of times and I don't get it. Granted I'm a lot older than they are and aren't looking to go to clubs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been there a handful of times and I don't get it. Granted I'm a lot older than they are and aren't looking to go to clubs.

Yeah, when I talked to my sister about her trip, I mentioned food because I've always heard about the deli's, pizza, etc.

She said there is some truth to that, but even with that, there really isn't a huge difference between NY and LA anymore.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, when I talked to my sister about her trip, I mentioned food because I've always heard about the deli's, pizza, etc.

She said there is some truth to that, but even with that, there really isn't a huge difference between NY and LA anymore.

They both suck.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta think she's not going to the right places then, unless you have authentic NYC chef transplants starting pizzerias and delis in California. I'm sure there have to be at least a few in LA.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta think she's not going to the right places then, unless you have authentic NYC chef transplants starting pizzerias and delis in California. I'm sure there have to be at least a few in LA.

There are. But not on seemingly every street corner like in NY.

There's a section of LA where it's predominantly Jewish. There are some really good deli's there.

On the other hand, you can't get Mexican food anywhere else like you can here.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been, no plans to ever go. My sister has been and outside of a couple of landmarks, she agrees with your assessment.

But NBA players seem to like it. :noidea:

NYC lifestyle is only for certain types of people. I don't think I could ever be one of those, lol.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the KD injury helps the Lakers the most, outside of the Warriors of course. I would be shocked if he risked going elsewhere this upcoming season, he will likely wait till 2020. So the Lakers are essentially in the drivers' seat but it looks like Griffin isn't rushing anything and he wants to get the most out of it as he can. It would be smart for the Lakers to either get another team involved willing to give another 1st or the Lakers to acquire another 1st. If they can do this somehow, I don't see how another team can compete with this offer.

I also think the Celtics are pretty much out. I think when it comes down to it they will not risk giving Tatum for AD, especially if nothing is cemented that AD will stay long-term in Boston.

It sounds like the Knicks offers were the weakest of the contenders even before the Durant injury, and they were going to be most in need of finding a third team. Pels aren't fond of the Knicks' trade assets (other than the #3 of course).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmmm, I'm starting to believe Woj knows something that some of us refuse to believe.

AD may very well end up with the Lakers.

There just don't seem to be other options available. Pels don't like the Knicks assets, AD won't resign with Boston, Clips are holding back SGA, Nets ditched their 1st round picks...everything seems to be tilted in favor of the Lakers. Pelinka will be run out of town if he screws this up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know about that. Any border state (and Mexico lol) should have excellent Mexican food.

Maybe Texas. There's good Mexican food in Arizona too. I may be a little biased/spoiled because I'm only a couple of hours from the border, but it's actually hard to find bad Mexican food here (at least outside of Taco Bell or Del Taco lol).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have to say I've been there and had deli at one place and pizza at 2. Neither stood out compared to my favorite places here. My fav pizza is better here IMO and only difference in deli was it was twice as much or more.

If you don't like cold weather, I could see preferring LA for sure.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Espn has some fun trades. Denver one is my favorite

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Texas. There's good Mexican food in Arizona too. I may be a little biased/spoiled because I'm only a couple of hours from the border, but it's actually hard to find bad Mexican food here (at least outside of Taco Bell or Del Taco lol).
I did like it in Phoenix. Good call.