• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ACC Basketball Thread

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you hoping it's snowed out?:laugh3:

They will play no matter what. I hope the roads are okay. If they aren't and season ticket holders cannot make it they'll ask all the students to come in. It will be a packed house either way.

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck with this Duke:
Feb 15-vs Maryland
Feb 18- @ GT
Feb 20- @ UNC
Feb 22- vs Syracuse
Feb 25- vs VT

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on SU's win at Pitt

I think that was one of Coach JB's best coaching jobs ever. SU had the newbs in the game early and they were able to keep it close enough through the first half. But in the second half, all the studs were there and with no foul trouble. Shit like that is why he's a HOF coach.

Coach called timeouts at the right time and I don't recall him once yelling at anyone. He was calm and he kept the boys calm.

Coach pulled CJ with 9 minutes to go and sat him for about two minutes. I read Coach's lips when he sat cj and all he said was calm down. CJ comes back in and knocks down a 3 from the corner with a swish. Pitt misses on their next possession. Grant gets the ball to CJ....CJ drives towards the rim, pitt backs up, cj pulls up for an easy 2 points bring SU to within 1. If CJ doesn't make those shots, Ennis doesn't get a chance to win the game. Ennis won the game....but CJ made it possible.

The refs did everything they could to help Pitt win. Every 50/50 call went Pitts way. The charge on Cooney late in the game was a joke....it wasn't even close. Pitt was allowed to just pound on SU inside. I rarely bitch about the refs...but them boys didn't even try to hide they favored Pitt. And did Coach JB lose his cool....no way man. Dixon should have gotten 3 techs last night....Dixon showed his ass....and Coach JB showed nothing but class.

And ESPN....what a joke. Anyone else see the Wichita State coach in the studio. Sorry to fuck up your plans to let the only undefeated coach give his opinion of why Wichita State should be #1. Ha.....you have to wait a while bitches. And who was the skank calling the game...doris something.....I take it she isn't a fan of da cuse. She saw the light last night....doubt she understood what it was though.

And Ennis is a serious stud. The man is going to the big house next year. It's been great having him for the one year. But he won't be back. He is without a doubt the number 1 Freshman of the year. You can thank all the hype on Wiggins as all Ennis now. Ennis was on the same AAU team with Wiggins. If the PG puts the ball were you want it, it easier to look great. Ennis is why Wiggins got the hype. Plain and simple.

Get better Keita. The Cuse could use you to close out the stretch. The boys is on a mission.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck with this Duke:
Feb 15-vs Maryland
Feb 18- @ GT
Feb 20- @ UNC
Feb 22- vs Syracuse
Feb 25- vs VT

This is crazy. I thought 'Cuse's first loss would be at Duke, now I think 'Cuse will win at Cameron, and their only regular season loss will be @ Virginia.

No way Duke can play 4 games in one week, including their biggest rival two days before, and have enough to best this 'Cuse team that is on a historic run

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is crazy. I thought 'Cuse's first loss would be at Duke, now I think 'Cuse will win at Cameron, and their only regular season loss will be @ Virginia.

No way Duke can play 4 games in one week, including their biggest rival two days before, and have enough to best this 'Cuse team that is on a historic run

That is a very tough week of basketball and I agree, it makes Syracuse's chance of winning at Cameron a lot better. Still think Duke wins at home and will possibly lose at Chapel Hill.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the ACC declared march 1 the championship game then....

Duke is pretty much eliminated from winning the ACC already. Even if Cuse loses to them and UVA they will still be behind Cuse and UVA.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, and Duke would probably be the favorite IMO given where it's being played at this year.

The way the Cuse played last night against a great outing by Pitt, I don't know if they can be beaten.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke is pretty much eliminated from winning the ACC already. Even if Cuse loses to them and UVA they will still be behind Cuse and UVA.

march 1st is the cuse/uva game. no way duke can win with that rescheduled game thrown into the week.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how is this working out - Duke goes to Chapel Hill on a thurs and then comes home to play 'Cuse on Saturday?

All the way to Chapel Hill? Holy shit. They'll need reservations and a stop over for rest.