• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ACC Basketball Thread

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly you're good at making "friends" wherever you go.

At least one of those was in response to me starting a thread claiming Charlie Strong was a home run hire for Texas. Not sure about the others. I drink a lot for big games and I post some dumb stuff when heavily intoxicated. And i dont always have the time to keep up with every thread I post in. That is Psycho that you are so obsessed with me that are going through my whole post history and reading thru the threads i posted in, tho.
As for online friends, I don't want any. I don't accept friend requests and I stay away from lets get to know each other chit chat. I do stay away from insulting or bitching about other posters, tho. I like to spend my time reading and sharing comments, articles, pics, videos, stats, etc. They are there for you to enjoy. If you don't, I am not going to cry over it

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Post:

On Monday afternoon Maryland's scout team struggled to even begin offensive sets.
The Terps were so swarming on defense, so quick to jump passing lanes and so furious in their ball pressure that the walk-ons mimicking the Tar Heels had little room to breathe.

Maryland coach Mark Turgeon:
“I think the guys are excited about where our team’s headed.”

That would be straight into the teeth of their ACC schedule , a four-game stretch against some of the league’s best beginning with Tuesday night’s final conference game at North Carolina (14-7, 4-4 ACC), playing their best basketball of the season. Along the way, the Terps (13-9, 5-4 ACC) have matured, and their shells have hardened.

Road games against the Tar Heels, Virginia and Duke over the next 12 days will test that resolve. “An unbelievable opportunity,” sophomore point guard Seth Allen called it.

The progress has taken months, but at this critical juncture the Terps think they have arrived.

Over the past three games, Wells has averaged 19.7 points and made 70 percent of his shots. Allen appears close to full strength, the conditioning problems caused by his once-broken left foot all but gone, and his presence has brought a measured calm to the offense.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maryland sophomore guard Seth Allen: “We’re focused on North Carolina right now and we feel that we can get one on the road tomorrow night.”

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke Basketball Report:

On Tuesday, two interesting games:
Georgia Tech gets to visit Clemson, and it's a very big game for the Tigers who still have some NCAA hopes. A win here would keep Clemson in a tie for third.

More interesting is Maryland's final visit to Chapel Hill, at least as ACC members, and it's hard to imagine UNC inviting them back willingly after the Terps left the ACC with such deception and dishonesty.
Neither team has been playing to its potential but UNC has picked up considerably, and the crowd, we'd imagine, will have little tolerance for Terps. The Dean Dome doesn't come to life too often, but we expect it will Tuesday and might even provide a serious home court advantage.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least one of those was in response to me starting a thread claiming Charlie Strong was a home run hire for Texas. Not sure about the others. I drink a lot for big games and I post some dumb stuff when heavily intoxicated. And i dont always have the time to keep up with every thread I post in. That is Psycho that you are so obsessed with me that are going through my whole post history and reading thru the threads i posted in, tho.
As for online friends, I don't want any. I don't accept friend requests and I stay away from lets get to know each other chit chat. I do stay away from insulting or bitching about other posters, tho. I like to spend my time reading and sharing comments, articles, pics, videos, stats, etc. They are there for you to enjoy. If you don't, I am not going to cry over it

Yeah, I'm aware of what thread it was from, numbnuts. I posted in it a month ago. I just didn't realize you were the one to start it. I see now why you don't actually share your opinion on things though... probably tired of being called an idiot-troll. Seemed to be a running theme in that thread. (probably because of you're idiot-trolling)

I also suspect that no one would have any issue with you posting the occasional link, article, picture, trivia, tweet, or whatever else gets your rock off. It's the constant spamming of threads that is annoying. As I've mentioned several times before, and you've successfully ignored each time, if you behaved like that in real life, you'd end up anywhere from chastised to punched in the face a lot. You wanna contribute some? Knock yourself out. But there's no need to go spamming in multiple threads, over and over and over and over and over and over and over (is that how many times you posted in a row yet? Nope!) and over and over and over and over and over again. You wanna make 50 posts about a single game? Do it in a game thread. Yeah, it'll be stupid inane bullshit still, but at least it'll be lumped in with other inane "OMG THAT WAS A FOUL!" bullshit that's typically in game threads. You wanna throw an article out for people to talk about? Super! Do that. Do it again if you want. Hell, do it in a few different threads if that really gets the blood pumpin for you. But you don't have to post 100 different articles in 10 different threads, with almost no hop e of anyone actually starting any discussion about any of them because you've already posted 5 more articles in the thread they were looking at before they could read the first one. The people who are that hungry for information, are relying on you to get it for them. They already know how google works, and they've probably already read the same stuff you're posting. That just leaves the people that either don't care, and the people who are annoyed by it.

Just fucking tone it down a little will ya?

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
writer for Pennsylvania paper rates the Duke game as the #1 game to watch today in college hoops, writing:

"The Dukies will look to bounce back in another big ACC match up against Wake Forest. Coach K and his squad will be returning home to more welcoming crowd at Cameron Indoor. The ACC is as stacked as any basketball conference, especially after adding teams such as Syracuse and Pitt recently, so there is no such thing as an easy conference game, even for Duke. I still don't think the Dukies will lose two in a row, so I think they'll win this one."

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Demon Deacons are toast.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah....at home Wake is good, but they don't have much of a road resume. Duke will most likely crush em by double digits.

I hope SU dodges the bullet between now and the 22nd so they can go into Cameron undefeated. A one loss SU team will draw out the crazies. An undefeated SU team.....those folks will raise the roof.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah....at home Wake is good, but they don't have much of a road resume. Duke will most likely crush em by double digits.

I hope SU dodges the bullet between now and the 22nd so they can go into Cameron undefeated. A one loss SU team will draw out the crazies. An undefeated SU team.....those folks will raise the roof.

I think that building will explode if SU goes in there undefeated. That would be incredible. But do you play at UVA first? Gotta be honest Jonvi, I think you have very little chance of leaving Charlottesville undefeated

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh nice I am pumped for that. Definitely not letting my wife schedule dinner at a tv-less restaurant this time around!

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next week will be much more interesting for Duke, with the first matchup against North Carolina and Maryland’s final trip to Cameron Indoor Stadium as a conference opponent.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

K seems a bit worried about an emotional let down, so there's that

"it (Syracuse game) was such an incredible experience, one way or another,” Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said.
“The thing that I worry most about is how emotionally draining it is"
“We’ve got to get over that, and that’s what we’re trying to get over in our preparation for Wake.”

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke hasn't lost at home to Wake Forest (14-8, 4-5) since Tim Duncan led the way for the Demon Deacons in 1997

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides this post I am making, I will bet somebody 3 million dollars that tshirt is the next post on this thread...

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yahoo:Bet Me!:yahoo:

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AH MY PLANS HAVE BEEN FOILED. Damn you, jonvi.

Good thing for me I have an extra 3 mil lying around, the check is in the mail already. Your address? No need, I'm sure it will find it's way to you

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AH MY PLANS HAVE BEEN FOILED. Damn you, jonvi.

Good thing for me I have an extra 3 mil lying around, the check is in the mail already. Your address? No need, I'm sure it will find it's way to you

I thought your plan was pretty clever. Seemed to be working too, until someboy <cough cough> spoiled it.

But as far as the check goes, no worries on that. jonvi is a pretty big deal up there. Just put his name on the envelope with a stamp, and it'll get to him.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next week will be much more interesting for Duke, with the first matchup against North Carolina and Maryland’s final trip to Cameron Indoor Stadium as a conference opponent.

The UNC/Duke rival is one of the best in basketball. Even on a down year, that game will mean a lot to both schools.

Maryland....Other than wanting to send them on their way with a loss, Duke isn't going to care a thing about Maryland. The crowd might get to a 7....maybe. But it will be a 10 if SU is a one loss or better team when they come in on the 22nd.

There is much payback to be dealt. The way the media is drooling over the SU crowd at the dome, the crazies are going to be in rare form...if not down right evil.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought your plan was pretty clever. Seemed to be working too, until someboy <cough cough> spoiled it.

But as far as the check goes, no worries on that. jonvi is a pretty big deal up there. Just put his name on the envelope with a stamp, and it'll get to him.

lol....I can't pass up a chance to screw up a good plan.

And Thanks dc...I'll be wating by the mailbox.