• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ACC Basketball Thread

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The boy slacked at Wake...it's bout time he found his groove and everyone kept feeding him. Cuse didn't get away with one.

The Syracuse Cooney's broke out a can of whoop ass.

can-of-whoop-ass.jpg

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You responded to two people? More like you spammed the thread with 2 pages of other people's tweets. (I can't tell how many for sure since, it won't show the tweets from a blocked user, even if you click "show post", but based on what I can see from other people quoting you, it was a lot)

When asked to share your opinion of the game, you responded by talking about the twitter buzz surrounding the game. So like I said, until you actually make an effort to post something original, no matter how off base it may be, I'm just assuming you're trying to boost your post count by posting, other people's thoughts, tweets, article, and whatever stats you can get your hands on.

This is why trolly and I get along. I can say some shit. #nospamhere

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The boy slacked at Wake...it's bout time he found his groove and everyone kept feeding him. Cuse didn't get away with one.

The Syracuse Cooney's broke out a can of whoop ass.

He played very well as for everyone else not so much. Fair 2-13 and Xmas fouling out and Grant very quiet. Yes they were lucky to win. We will have to agree to disagree. Have a great night!! Go Cuse!!

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played very well as for everyone else not so much. Fair 2-13 and Xmas fouling out and Grant very quiet. Yes they were lucky to win. We will have to agree to disagree. Have a great night!! Go Cuse!!

great teams win when they don't play well. that isn't luck

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syracuse is #1 now. Just saw where Zona lost to Cal. Tough luck there.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You responded to two people? More like you spammed the thread with 2 pages of other people's tweets. (I can't tell how many for sure since, it won't show the tweets from a blocked user, even if you click "show post", but based on what I can see from other people quoting you, it was a lot)

When asked to share your opinion of the game, you responded by talking about the twitter buzz surrounding the game. So like I said, until you actually make an effort to post something original, no matter how off base it may be, I'm just assuming you're trying to boost your post count by posting, other people's thoughts, tweets, article, and whatever stats you can get your hands on.

I think your problem is that I give attention to teams and games that you don't want me giving attention to. I like posting stats, pics, videos, comments and articles. I like it when others do as well. As for people's comments on a game, the more comments the better, be they yours, mine or some random other person's comments from twitter, an article, etc. Who cares who the comments come from? what makes your comments or my comments better than anybody else's comments?

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tues:
Wake Forest at #11 Duke (ESPNU)
Maryland at North Carolina

Wed:
Boston College at #20 Virginia (ESPN2)
#22 Pittsburgh at Miami

Sat:
#11 Duke at Boston College (ESPN)
#20 Virginia at Georgia Tech
Virginia Tech at #22 Pittsburgh
North Carolina at Notre Dame

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your problem is that I give attention to teams and games that you don't want me giving attention to. I like posting stats, pics, videos, comments and articles. I like it when others do as well. As for people's comments on a game, the more comments the better, be they yours, mine or some random other person's comments from twitter, an article, etc. Who cares who the comments come from? what makes your comments or my comments better than anybody else's comments?

You're here to elaborate upon, and defend your comments. I'm here to elaborate upon and defend my comments. That's what differentiates them from 140 character ADD thoughts from random assholes. Posting random comments from people that aren't here isn't a discussion, it's fucking graffiti.

Nobody here gives a fuck what some random assholes on the ISU boards think about the ISU game. If they did, they'd be on the ISU boards. You aren't contributing anything useful to the discussion. If we could measure the SNR of the boards, you'd be responsible for the noise.

And I couldn't care less what teams you want to talk about, if you actually want to share something unique, original, or otherwise, not copied verbatim from some other site. If all you want to do is continually spam the boards with post after post, then I'd rather you go fuck yourself. When the only responses you've gotten are crickets or negativity, you'd *think* you'd get the fucking hint that nobody else is interested in that shit. Yet you persist.

This is a message board, not a news aggregator. Learn the fucking difference. Or don't. I don't really care. I have your dumbass blocked now so the only real damage you're doing to me is making it so that every thread I look at only has 3 or 4 messages in it and everything else is hidden.

But try and think of it this way. Imagine this was a discussion in real life and you did the same thing...

At the very least, you'd be considered an obnoxious idiot. You come off as that sad lonely guy who so desperately wants to be part of the conversation that he'll repeat whatever random thing he heard on SportsCenter last night so he can try and fit in around the water cooler the next day.

"Look guys! I know about the basketball too! Let's talk about the basketball!"

Blank stares

"@OMG_ISUFAN#1 thinks ISU is #1"

More blank stares.

"@RidemCowboys says ISU played like crap."

Angry stares.

You aren't helping the conversation, you're killing it. I suspect you're also the type who tries to shove his smartphone in everyone's face to show them every single thing you've stumbled upon on the internet. Just so you know, everyone fucking hates that, and if you do indeed do that, I'll go ahead and break the news to you, everyone fucking hates you too. And if by chance you do happen to possess the tiniest shred of self awareness to recognize that it's rude and annoying to do that to people in person, what the fuck makes you think it's anything other than that on a discussion forum?

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're here to elaborate upon, and defend your comments. I'm here to elaborate upon and defend my comments. That's what differentiates them from 140 character ADD thoughts from random assholes. Posting random comments from people that aren't here isn't a discussion, it's fucking graffiti.

Nobody here gives a fuck what some random assholes on the ISU boards think about the ISU game. If they did, they'd be on the ISU boards. You aren't contributing anything useful to the discussion. If we could measure the SNR of the boards, you'd be responsible for the noise.

And I couldn't care less what teams you want to talk about, if you actually want to share something unique, original, or otherwise, not copied verbatim from some other site. If all you want to do is continually spam the boards with post after post, then I'd rather you go fuck yourself. When the only responses you've gotten are crickets or negativity, you'd *think* you'd get the fucking hint that nobody else is interested in that shit. Yet you persist.

This is a message board, not a news aggregator. Learn the fucking difference. Or don't. I don't really care. I have your dumbass blocked now so the only real damage you're doing to me is making it so that every thread I look at only has 3 or 4 messages in it and everything else is hidden.

But try and think of it this way. Imagine this was a discussion in real life and you did the same thing...

At the very least, you'd be considered an obnoxious idiot. You come off as that sad lonely guy who so desperately wants to be part of the conversation that he'll repeat whatever random thing he heard on SportsCenter last night so he can try and fit in around the water cooler the next day.

"Look guys! I know about the basketball too! Let's talk about the basketball!"

Blank stares

"@OMG_ISUFAN#1 thinks ISU is #1"

More blank stares.

"@RidemCowboys says ISU played like crap."

Angry stares.

You aren't helping the conversation, you're killing it. I suspect you're also the type who tries to shove his smartphone in everyone's face to show them every single thing you've stumbled upon on the internet. Just so you know, everyone fucking hates that, and if you do indeed do that, I'll go ahead and break the news to you, everyone fucking hates you too. And if by chance you do happen to possess the tiniest shred of self awareness to recognize that it's rude and annoying to do that to people in person, what the fuck makes you think it's anything other than that on a discussion forum?

a real life example would be this: a best buddy of mine is a huge football and baseball fan. he has an awesome tv and when we watch a big game together on it, he has his laptop and is following a live chat and shares a lot of the comments he reads with me. I like that.

most sane people like reading comments on something they are interested in.

as for news, one of the best things about a good sports discussion forum is that it is a one-stop place for all the latest interesting articles regarding the teams and sports you are interested in

the only thing I don't like is when posters start posting stuff that has nothing to do with the sports or teams being discussed in the thread

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a real life example would be this: a best buddy of mine is a huge football and baseball fan. he has an awesome tv and when we watch a big game together on it, he has his laptop and is following a live chat and shares a lot of the comments he reads with me. I like that.

most sane people like reading comments on something they are interested in.

as for news, one of the best things about a good sports discussion forum is that it is a one-stop place for all the latest interesting articles regarding the teams and sports you are interested in

the only thing I don't like is when posters start posting stuff that has nothing to do with the sports or teams being discussed in the thread

Here's the difference... you and your hypothetical buddy? You know each other. You don't know anybody here. Best I can tell, you didn't start posting here until a few days ago, and for the most part, your inane bullshit got ignored until yesterday when you went had your twittergasm when several people expressed their displeasure and asked you to stop, or at the very least, move it to the appropriate venue.

If your buddy was trying to have a different conversation with someone else in the room and you kept interrupting with random tweets, would you shut the fuck up if he asked you to? Several people here did.

Most sane people? Most sane people realize when their particular brand of obnoxious spamming isn't wanted and either change or go the fuck away. In case you're having trouble figuring out if anyone is interested in any of the bullshit you've posted here's a good way to tell: If you've posted 5 things in a row, and no one has responded to any of them... NOBODY GIVES A FUCK. That, by the way, is not your cue to try harder, to post even more inane bullshitty bullshit. That's your cue to shut the fuck up and see if a different conversation picks up, that you might participate in. (that's what people come to discussion boards for... to discuss things. Reading tweets ≠ discussion. Looking at pictures ≠ discussion. Everyone talking about what an annoying asshole you are for posting a million tweets? Well, technically that's discussion, but it doesn't really count in this context since it's way the fuck off topic.

Serious question... what the fuck did you post about for the last few months to rack up that post count? It wasn't here. I'm assuming you waited for the Superbowl to wrap up before you brought your plague of twitter bullshit here to the college bball forums. Did you do this same shit over on the NFL boards? Did you ever get a positive response there? Or was it just a similar split to what happened here (mostly ignoring you with a handful of people telling you how awful your posts are)

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the difference... you and your hypothetical buddy? You know each other. You don't know anybody here. Best I can tell, you didn't start posting here until a few days ago, and for the most part, your inane bullshit got ignored until yesterday when you went had your twittergasm when several people expressed their displeasure and asked you to stop, or at the very least, move it to the appropriate venue.

If your buddy was trying to have a different conversation with someone else in the room and you kept interrupting with random tweets, would you shut the fuck up if he asked you to? Several people here did.

Most sane people? Most sane people realize when their particular brand of obnoxious spamming isn't wanted and either change or go the fuck away. In case you're having trouble figuring out if anyone is interested in any of the bullshit you've posted here's a good way to tell: If you've posted 5 things in a row, and no one has responded to any of them... NOBODY GIVES A FUCK. That, by the way, is not your cue to try harder, to post even more inane bullshitty bullshit. That's your cue to shut the fuck up and see if a different conversation picks up, that you might participate in. (that's what people come to discussion boards for... to discuss things. Reading tweets ≠ discussion. Looking at pictures ≠ discussion. Everyone talking about what an annoying asshole you are for posting a million tweets? Well, technically that's discussion, but it doesn't really count in this context since it's way the fuck off topic.

Serious question... what the fuck did you post about for the last few months to rack up that post count? It wasn't here. I'm assuming you waited for the Superbowl to wrap up before you brought your plague of twitter bullshit here to the college bball forums. Did you do this same shit over on the NFL boards? Did you ever get a positive response there? Or was it just a similar split to what happened here (mostly ignoring you with a handful of people telling you how awful your posts are)

you will always have a handful that don't like you. I don't bitch at other people or insult them when I don't like what they add to the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if your hypothetical "friend" you were watching a game with asked you to stop reading tweets to him, would you stop?

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if your hypothetical "friend" you were watching a game with asked you to stop reading tweets to him, would you stop?

I don't ask him to stop. I like it. If you were in the room and told him to stop, I would think you were too anal

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't ask him to stop. I like it. If you were in the room and told him to stop, I would think you were too anal

If YOU were reading tweets to HIM and HE asked YOU to stop, would you? It isn't that hard of a question.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If YOU were reading tweets to HIM and HE asked YOU to stop, would you? It isn't that hard of a question.

If I asked you to start talking basketball, would you?

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlotte paper:

The ACC is home to some of the best defensive teams in the nation – Clemson, Florida State, Virginia, Syracuse, and the list goes on. It doesn’t always make for pretty basketball but it usually does create competitive, unpredictable games, like Clemson’s victory against Duke at Littlejohn Coliseum on Jan. 11.

It’s (mostly) wide open from here. Yes, as Florida State coach Leonard Hamilton has been saying for at least seven years now, this is a new ACC. Parity reigns, again, though Syracuse, Virginia, Pitt and Duke are in a tier of their own

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I asked you to start talking basketball, would you?

1) I've been talking basketball, long before you started spamming the basketball forums.
2) You've already been asked, several times, by several people to stop.

So if YOU were reading tweets to your hypothetical "friend" and HE asked YOU to stop, would you?

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North Carolina paper:

A historic college basketball series is coming to an end. Maryland on Wednesday night will play in Chapel Hill for the final time as a member of the ACC.

After this season, who knows when UNC and Maryland, both founding members of the ACC, will play again.

It’s likely they will never again play in January and February, as they have so many times before, competing for conference positioning

Two of the most replayed and memorable plays in ACC history happened a couple of years apart in UNC-Maryland games: Jordan’s rock-the-cradle dunk, on a breakaway, in the final seconds of a win at Cole Field House in 1984. And then Bias’ steal and reverse dunk in a Maryland victory at the Smith Center in 1986.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) I've been talking basketball, long before you started spamming the basketball forums.
2) You've already been asked, several times, by several people to stop.

So if YOU were reading tweets to your hypothetical "friend" and HE asked YOU to stop, would you?

If you have a problem reading comments on a game don't go to a sports forum