• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ACC Basketball Thread

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maryland point guard Seth Allen said Monday that North Carolina offered the toughest environment in which to play last season.
“North Carolina, without question, because it’s louder than Duke,” Allen said. “Duke is small —they’ve got the [Cameron] Crazies over there sticking their hands out. But North Carolina is just really loud."

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's some question dodging going on here. I find it entertaining. Yet very ghey. (Please carry on like I never was here.)

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As mentioned before, if I wanted to read twitter remarks, I'd go to goddamn twitter. This isn't twitter. This is a DISCUSSION board. Godddamn twitter comments aren't a discussion. You know how I know that? Because a discussion is a two-way fucking conversation, and goddamn twitter reposts, can't fucking respond to anything.

It's fucking garbage, and if you haven't noticed the trend, nobody on here seems to care for it. Several people have asked you to stop yet you persist. You know what I do, when people tell me their don't like what I'm posting? I post in another goddamn thread, because I may be an asshole, but at least I try to be a considerate asshole.

And for the record, if I was the only one complaining, I would have left it with my first snarky comment and been done with it, but CLEARLY other people are annoyed with your stupid bullshit, so guess what? If you don't like people bitching about your stupid reposts of shit that we can all find elsewhere (HOLY SHIT! YOU FOUND ESPN? WHERE WERE THEY HIDING IT ALL THESE YEAR?) stop fucking posting it when you've been asked not to.

And if you don't want to partake of some actual DISCUSSION in a DISCUSSION forum then don't be surprised when people aren't happy with you. There's some dumb motherfuckers that post on here, but at least they actually try to contribute to the discussion with some original thoughts that they thunk up with their very own brain. Hell, some of the dumbest shit said around here has sparked some of the most interesting discussions. You know what hasn't sparked a damn bit of sports discussion? Your damn twitter posts.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there have been only four times in 60 years that Duke or UNC have gone consecutive seasons without capturing at least a share of the title. Miami won the ACC regular-season and tournament titles last season.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't ask him to stop. I like it. If you were in the room and told him to stop, I would think you were too anal

If YOU were reading tweets to HIM and HE asked YOU to stop, would you? It isn't that hard of a question.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's some question dodging going on here. I find it entertaining. Yet very ghey. (Please carry on like I never was here.)

Guy reminds me of my mom and a female friend of mine. Both will go often psycho-obsessive over some trivial thing. Best way to deal with it is to not entertain people when they get like that

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't ask him to stop. I like it. If you were in the room and told him to stop, I would think you were too anal

If YOU were reading tweets to HIM and HE asked YOU to stop, would you? It isn't that hard of a question.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is an online discussion board for sports. If one of my best friends was on here and was upset that I posted videos or pics or news articles or comments etc on the sports being discussed... I would think he was looney-tunes.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an online discussion board for sports. If one of my best friends was on here and was upset that I posted videos or pics or news articles or comments etc on the sports being discussed... I would think he was looney-tunes.

Who said anything about being upset on a sports forum?

The question is about your friend in your living room.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if I was sharing tweets on a game in a thread on a sports forum he was on, and he asked me not to do that anymore, I would tell him to go F himself. if he got all obsessed and crazy about it like you, I would distance myself from him and no longer consider him a close friend

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If YOU were reading tweets to HIM and HE asked YOU to stop, would you? It isn't that hard of a question... or maybe it is. You seem to be having a lot of trouble with it.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If YOU were reading tweets to HIM and HE asked YOU to stop, would you? It isn't that hard of a question... or maybe it is. You seem to be having a lot of trouble with it.

if I was sharing tweets on a game in a thread on a sports forum he was on, and he asked me not to do that anymore, I would tell him to go F himself. if he got all obsessed and crazy about it like you, I would distance myself from him and no longer consider him a close friend

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me remind you that YOU brought up the living room analogy. Not me.

So again...

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57dzaMaouXA]"#Hashtag" with Jimmy Fallon & Justin Timberlake - YouTube[/ame]

#CoolLikeTShirt

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me remind you that YOU brought up the living room analogy. Not me.

So again...

The question is about your friend in ou stop, would you It isn't that hard of a question.

No, you brought up the analogy, saying it is annoying when someone reads tweets from his phone to a friend. I gave you an example of how my friend reads random internet people's comments on the game we are watching to me and I like it. Another example would be if he gave me an article to read that he thought I would like.
If you don't want to read comments on a game, don't come to an online sports forum. If you want to do "the living room experience with one or two friends" thing, then get one or two friends (online or real life) and go hang out in a private place for just the 2-3 of you (online or real life or via text etc). The point of an online sports discussion forum is to share comments, articles, pics, vids, stats etc regarding the sport/teams/games you are interested in

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you brought up the analogy, saying it is annoying when someone reads tweets from his phone to a friend. I gave you an example of how my friend reads random internet people's comments on the game we are watching to me and I like it. Another example would be if he gave me an article to read that he thought I would like.
If you don't want to read comments on a game, don't come to an online sports forum. If you want to do "the living room experience with one or two friends" thing, then get one or two friends (online or real life) and go hang out in a private place for just the 2-3 of you (online or real life or via text etc). The point of an online sports discussion forum is to share comments, articles, pics, vids, stats etc regarding the sport/teams/games you are interested in

Yes, I brought up the OFFICE analogy to demonstrate how obnoxious it is to read shit to total strangers or scant acquaintances. YOU changed it to your living room, and continue to ignore the fact that while you and your imaginary friend may very well love to read to each other, not everyone in the sports community does.

And I'll point out one last time, that copy and pasting articles, tweets, stats, and trivia from other sources is NOT discussion. It's borderline plagiarism, and to assume that everyone here is interested in reading it is a very poor assumption on your part.

Last edited by a moderator: