• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ACC Basketball Thread

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think so bro. Check your ACC standings. Duke tied for 5th at 3-2. Far from the "bottom" as you say. While UVA is tied for second at 4-1. No, they're actually a half game ahead of Pitt right now and Duke beat them. It's early still. We haven't even gotten half way. Besides, the winner of the ACC is the Tournament Champion in March. The standings are good for seeding and a 10 inch trophy though. Good luck the rest of the way. I hope you don't get anyone else injured.

you are confusing rankings with standings

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
duke-fans.jpg

Raise your hands if Maryland SUCKS!

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are confusing rankings with standings

No, I'm not. Here are the current ACC Standings 1-20-2014

Syracuse 5-0
Virginia 5-1
Pitt 4-1
Clemson 4-1
Duke 3-2
FSU 3-2
Maryland 3-3
Wake Forest 2-3
Notre Dame 2-3
Miami 2-3
NC State 2-4
uNC 1-4
Ga Tech 1-4
Va Tech 1-4
Boston College 1-4

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm not. Here are the current ACC Standings 1-20-2014

Syracuse 5-0
Virginia 5-1
Pitt 4-1
Clemson 4-1
Duke 3-2
FSU 3-2
Maryland 3-3
Wake Forest 2-3
Notre Dame 2-3
Miami 2-3
NC State 2-4
uNC 1-4
Ga Tech 1-4
Va Tech 1-4
Boston College 1-4

rankings = coaches/AP
standings = an order of teams by record
^^^^^^^^
i stand correct

and on a side note check the time i made the earlier post. it was before uva won and got the half game lead off of pitt (who plays tomorrow anyways) so you are......
1) wrong about pitt not being in the lead
2) being a lil bitch by mentioning "uva is ahead" when they played an extra game right after I posted.
3) being an even bigger biotch cuz it is pretty obvious right now that pitt/cuse are the two frontrunners in the ACC.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-duke is still at the bottom of the rankings,
-pitt & cuse are at the top of the acc standings

I don't think I could of been any more clear

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Coleman now done for the year, SU is going to be tested in a big way.

It was nice seeing the cuse pull out the last couple of W's, but the majority of ACC wins are from the bottom of the ACC. UNC, VT and BC are all 1 - 4 in the ACC. UM is 2 - 3. The only ACC team with a winning record is Pitt.

The @ games are coming. @UM, @Wake, @Pitt, @Duke @MD. :lm: Time to get real.

UM has Bernie Fine helping them break down the SU zone. :finger: That's for you Bernie.

It's time for the boys to lace em up.....tight.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game on Saturday jonvi, first time I've seen Cuse play, Tyler Ennis is unreal.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rankings = coaches/AP
standings = an order of teams by record
^^^^^^^^
i stand correct

and on a side note check the time i made the earlier post. it was before uva won and got the half game lead off of pitt (who plays tomorrow anyways) so you are......
1) wrong about pitt not being in the lead
2) being a lil bitch by mentioning "uva is ahead" when they played an extra game right after I posted.
3) being an even bigger biotch cuz it is pretty obvious right now that pitt/cuse are the two frontrunners in the ACC.

:L

Duke is ranked 18th in the nation. What exactly is the bottom of the rankings by being 18th?

Pitt is tied for 3rd in the ACC. Fuck your time posting bullshit. I was right when I posted that you were wrong.

The only thing obvious is that you would like the season to be over now and it's not. They play 18 conference games in the ACC. So far, the most anyone has played is 6. Give me an update later Howard Cossell and we'll find out how smart you really are.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duke is ranked 18th in the nation. What exactly is the bottom of the rankings by being 18th?

Pitt is tied for 3rd in the ACC. Fuck your time posting bullshit. I was right when I posted that you were wrong.

The only thing obvious is that you would like the season to be over now and it's not. They play 18 conference games in the ACC. So far, the most anyone has played is 6. Give me an update later Howard Cossell and we'll find out how smart you really are.

the answer is:

well, none smart, i guess

5 points to man who gets the movie i was attempting to reference, even though smart is replaced by a completely different word in the movie

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game on Saturday jonvi, first time I've seen Cuse play, Tyler Ennis is unreal.

That young man has no emotions. He seems to put defenders to sleep...then shows a first step that shocks ya. And then he almost always finishes. Gotta like that kid.

1/3 of the way through, huh douggie. It will be interesting to see how SU will respond the rest of the way. I think the grind of the schedule will get to SU shortly. I won't mind a loss or two, but the potential to lose 4 - 6 is there too.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. for duke standards, 18th is horrible. they lost a 6 year streak this year for being top 10 in the AP. any way you slice it 18th is not something for duke to be proud about it

2. "bottom of the polls" means 16th or lower (the bottom half)

3. and by tonight pitt will be tied for 2nd. so yeah fuck that little bullshit prick

4. I was right when I posted that you were wrong. oh so it works only one way huh? you get to say "i am right because at the time of my post it is an accurate statement" but I am not allowed to do the same? :L talk about dumb.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You'll have to excuse slapdick. He's not good with numbers. He thinks 18th out of 351 is "the bottom"

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll have to excuse slapdick. He's not good with numbers. He thinks 18th out of 351 is "the bottom"

and you have to excuse this dumbass

he thinks the polls go all the way to 351

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. for duke standards, 18th is horrible. they lost a 6 year streak this year for being top 10 in the AP. any way you slice it 18th is not something for duke to be proud about it

2. "bottom of the polls" means 16th or lower (the bottom half)

3. and by tonight pitt will be tied for 2nd. so yeah fuck that little bullshit prick

4. I was right when I posted that you were wrong. oh so it works only one way huh? you get to say "i am right because at the time of my post it is an accurate statement" but I am not allowed to do the same? :L talk about dumb.

point me to 1 instance in all of your time on this website when somebody (including the fans of your team) actually agreed with something you said.........I'll wait