• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ACC Basketball Thread

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BC stuck around for the 1st half and Syracuse went on a run in the 2nd to seal the deal....away. As I mentioned the other day, no team can fire on 8 cylinders every time out....Also, Syracuse just pounded on North Carolina which is a emotional big win.

Now about Coleman. He is a lot better this year than last when 3 trip up and down the court and he was gassed. Looks like he got rid of some baby fat and if he continues in that direction, he just might develop into a very good player for next year. I'm looking forward to the Duke game to see if the Syracuse bigs can handle parker. He can be a one man gang and that game could be considered a scare game for the Orange.

My thoughts exactly on both subjects. I thought the SU/BC game went just fine and Coleman is improving, playing a decent role this year. SU is better with him healthy.

And I will add, BC has played a brutal schedule. They are getting better. They beat VT the last game and gave SU some fits this game. I expect BC to have a better second half of the season.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will give you those points, especially because you concede that your OOC consistently doesn't challenge you. and as I have stated before when talking about syracuse you guys never needed to have a super hard OOC schedule because of the big east gauntlet (now the fact that slapdick continuously argues that Syracuse, in fact DOES always play a difficult OOC schedule is laughable, but that is for a different thread).

BUT what it does mean, is that EVERY year you have a lot more to prove than most other teams with a 15-1 record because until you beat good teams that record doesn't show us anything. I guess that is the point I was trying to make.

also, I might be slightly jaded by the fact that every time Pitt has what appears to be a quality team, they Fuck me in my bracket haha

I hear what you are saying about the reality of the situation, if you don't start in the top 25 it's hard to break in without a quality win, although considering Pitt has been a consistent top 25 team pretty much for the past decade I was surprised they weren't in there at few weeks ago.

But yea, as a Pitt fan, you pretty much have to be self loathing, at least the football team breaks your heart before anything gets serious. The basketball team likes to break your heart in gutwretching fashion. Although I will say, Pitt's gotten some bad draws in the tourney the last few years, they played Wichita St in the first round last year, and Butler in the second round three years ago. Those teams were definitely better than their seeds as they both went to the final four that year, but Pitt doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt in the tourney until they prove otherwise.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^Losing Mason Plumelee last year and and the Wear Brothers the year before seemed to have caught up with Duke. Plumelee took a load of attention off of Parker. Parker is still a beast IMO.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^Losing Mason Plumelee last year and and the Wear Brothers the year before seemed to have caught up with Duke. Plumelee took a load of attention off of Parker. Parker is still a beast IMO.

wear brothers were at UNC not duke. But your point about losing the plumlee brothers the last two years certainly stands

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also Parker is a beast, but could improve his shot selection a great deal IMO. That's hard to do when you have to be "the man" on a team, but many of the threes he chucks up with 25 seconds left on the shot clock look like what he could get with 5 on the clock any day

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wear brothers were at UNC not duke. But your point about losing the plumlee brothers the last two years certainly stands

:doh:Yes....i'm still weak on my ACC history. I hope the ACC fans forgive the newb to the conference.

I need to quit thinking I know and go look it up before posting.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:doh:Yes....i'm still weak on my ACC history. I hope the ACC fans forgive the newb to the conference.

I need to quit thinking I know and go look it up before posting.

's a'aright, Jonvi. Considering it's you, we'll give you a break. :peace:

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only ACC history that cuse fans are obligated to know is that greg paulus played at duke.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only ACC history that cuse fans are obligated to know is that greg paulus played at duke.

And that North Carolina is the very best of all time, regardless of what the stats or anyone else says. Just saying. MJ was a Tar Heel and he always will be.

:yahoo:

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that North Carolina is the very best of all time, regardless of what the stats or anyone else says. Just saying. MJ was a Tar Heel and he always will be.

i dunno...i mean, we had Gilbert! He's the best at bringing guns into the locker room, so....

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cuse has MCW ripping off Lord and Taylors for a pair of gloves and a bathrobe.

After all, you want to look your best for the rub down. And nothing says style like black leather gloves and a bathrobe.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maryland countersuit claims ACC recruited Big Ten members

Maryland, which leaves the ACC in July, is seeking $157 million in damages from the ACC for alleged violations of Maryland antitrust laws, and $16 million the school claims has been improperly withheld since Maryland announced its move to the Big Ten in November 2012.

Link: Maryland countersuit claims ACC recruited Big Ten members | SI Wire

redlegs@hokies

Trout Fishing Aficionado
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like the hokies are tearing up the acc again. oh, and screw maryland.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After 4 games to start the new year ESPN? I believe that's a trend that will change over time. He's still averaging 18 points and 7 rebounds per game. Before the last 4 games he was at 23 points per game. He's still a Freshman. I think because he is such a great player that being a Freshman gets overlooked.

Other ACC leaders look like this...

Syracuse Senior CJ Fair- 17 PPG
Pitt Senior Lamar Patterson- 17 PPG, 4 RPG
Clemson Junior KJ McDaniels- 17 PPG, 7 RPG
Maryland Junior Dez Wells- 14 PPG, 5 RPG
uNC Soph. Marcus Paige- 17 PPG
uNC Junior JM McAdoo- 14 PPG, 6 RPG

Only Sophomore TJ Warren who is an absolute BEAST even compares:
NC State Soph. TJ Warren- 22 PPG, 7.5 RPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, hey, hey ..... We beat Wake today and improve to 12-4 over all and 4-1 in conference with wins over Va. Tech, Wake, BC, and Duke.