• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ACC Basketball Thread

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear ACC,

You're Welcome

signed,
Syracuse & Pitt

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the record I asked Jonvi that question and couldn't care less about what you have to say. You know nothing about basketball so I will disregard your statement, and every other statement you ever make.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
so much butthurt LOL

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pitt has played 0 ranked teams. but of course, since the computers like them, slapdick is all in on them!

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
syracuse guys, I am not one to (too often) play the comparison game...BUT USC beat that BC by 16 points...at home, for sure, but....yikes i expected a lot more from you guys.

Alas, a W is a W, amiright jonvi. Still got a couple of 17-0 teams on our hands, and that ain't bad

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
syracuse guys, I am not one to (too often) play the comparison game...BUT USC beat that BC by 16 points...at home, for sure, but....yikes i expected a lot more from you guys.

Alas, a W is a W, amiright jonvi. Still got a couple of 17-0 teams on our hands, and that ain't bad

SU beat Nova by 16. I don't think one game has anything to do with another.

The last three games, SU's been without Coleman...lame knee. SU adjusting to a different rotation has them slow on the offensive end. But the D is still clamping down and luckily SU has a nice schedule to keep them working towards that one seed.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SU beat Nova by 16. I don't think one game has anything to do with another.

The last three games, SU's been without Coleman...lame knee. SU adjusting to a different rotation has them slow on the offensive end. But the D is still clamping down and luckily SU has a nice schedule to keep them working towards that one seed.

no offense, but Coleman has a lame game, whether healthy or not. Guy just isn't very good. Maybe he will by next year, but if you are hoping he will be a major contributor, i just don't see it. Another big body, yes, but that's about it.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for what?

i think he wants you to thank Pitt for playing such a horrific nonconference schedule (as always, since they NEVER play anyone) that people think they are good and perceive the ACC as having more than one elite team...i don't know, i don't get it either

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no offense, but Coleman has a lame game, whether healthy or not. Guy just isn't very good. Maybe he will by next year, but if you are hoping he will be a major contributor, i just don't see it. Another big body, yes, but that's about it.

he's still young, big and dumb. But he's a huge body that is athletic enough to be a disruption. He isn't much on offense, but he does a lot on the defensive side altering shots, getting boards. And his 5 fouls...they know they been hacked. Add his five fouls in with Christmas and Keita.....Coleman is another piece of the whole.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ok now we are just entering the house of stupidity here.......

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

a big body is nice to have. syracuse seems to have a bad track record with big men lately, and at this point I have kinda given up hope on him. he is a local and a lotta fans like him for that ==> but man he is testing my patience

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he's still young, big and dumb. But he's a huge body that is athletic enough to be a disruption. He isn't much on offense, but he does a lot on the defensive side altering shots, getting boards. And his 5 fouls...they know they been hacked. Add his five fouls in with Christmas and Keita.....Coleman is another piece of the whole.

a big body is nice to have. syracuse seems to have a bad track record with big men lately, and at this point I have kinda given up hope on him. he is a local and a lotta fans like him for that ==> but man he is testing my patience

Now there are three opinions of him.

The staff is bringing him along slowly. If his parents can afford to allow him to stick around SU for 4 years, his game will become better. A four year big man...how good is that. And I still like the role he is playing this year.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok now we are just entering the house of stupidity here.......

first, i said i don't do that often

second, i said i expected a lot more from you. You're telling me that you expected that BC game to go down that way, where you didn't break away till the closing minutes? you've seen them play before, i hope? they are terrible, and you just came off of a dominating performance over a much more talented, if wildly inconsistent UNC team.

third, i said a W is a W and you will always take that. yet I am entering a house of stupidity...all i can say to that is, SLAPDICK

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pitt has played 0 ranked teams. but of course, since the computers like them, slapdick is all in on them!

Have you actually seen them play? You don't beat teams by double digits the entire year, sans 1 game, and not be a good team.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BC stuck around for the 1st half and Syracuse went on a run in the 2nd to seal the deal....away. As I mentioned the other day, no team can fire on 8 cylinders every time out....Also, Syracuse just pounded on North Carolina which is a emotional big win. Now about Coleman. He is a lot better this year than last when 3 trip up and down the court and he was gassed. Looks like he got rid of some baby fat and if he continues in that direction, he just might develop into a very good player for next year. I'm looking forward to the Duke game to see if the Syracuse bigs can handle parker. He can be a one man gang and that game could be considered a scare game for the Orange.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you actually seen them play? You don't beat teams by double digits the entire year, sans 1 game, and not be a good team.

yes I have seen them play. and you do beat teams by double digits when you play really shitty teams. It's the same with every Pitt team EVERY year, they play nobody in the nonconference. If they go 14-4 in the ACC, i will change my tune (slightly), but if you think that team can do damage in the tourney, well I disagree.

also, i don't think they will go 14-4 in the ACC, 11-7 is more likely and that wouldn't be all that great

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes I have seen them play. and you do beat teams by double digits when you play really shitty teams. It's the same with every Pitt team EVERY year, they play nobody in the nonconference. If they go 14-4 in the ACC, i will change my tune (slightly), but if you think that team can do damage in the tourney, well I disagree.

also, i don't think they will go 14-4 in the ACC, 11-7 is more likely and that wouldn't be all that great

The same Pitt teams were consistently winning 10-14 games in the Big East every year, and winning Big East titles as much as anyone the past 10 years, after their cupcake OOC schedules. If you wanna talk tourney failures I'm with you, but to suggest Pitt isn't a good regular season team is just beyond stupid.

The ACC is really down this year, I wouldn't be at all surprised with 14 wins, although losing Durand Johnson for the season hurts.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same Pitt teams were consistently winning 10-14 games in the Big East every year, and winning Big East titles as much as anyone the past 10 years, after their cupcake OOC schedules. If you wanna talk tourney failures I'm with you, but to suggest Pitt isn't a good regular season team is just beyond stupid.

The ACC is really down this year, I wouldn't be at all surprised with 14 wins, although losing Durand Johnson for the season hurts.

i will give you those points, especially because you concede that your OOC consistently doesn't challenge you. and as I have stated before when talking about syracuse you guys never needed to have a super hard OOC schedule because of the big east gauntlet (now the fact that slapdick continuously argues that Syracuse, in fact DOES always play a difficult OOC schedule is laughable, but that is for a different thread).

BUT what it does mean, is that EVERY year you have a lot more to prove than most other teams with a 15-1 record because until you beat good teams that record doesn't show us anything. I guess that is the point I was trying to make.

also, I might be slightly jaded by the fact that every time Pitt has what appears to be a quality team, they Fuck me in my bracket haha