• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

About Manziel

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not know how good Manziel will be, but you guys are seriously underestimating Hoyer.

This is not just some random back up QB. He has learned playing behind some of the best in the game, and what he lacks in talent he makes up for in decision making and poise. Those two attributes are the most important for QB success in the NFL. I don't care how much talent you have, if you make poor decisions you are going to suck.

Manziel certainly has more talent, but I watched two of Hoyer's games last year and I gaurantee that Brian Hoyer is better than at least 10 current NFL starters, maybe a lot more.

The only question is whether or not he is better than Manziel. I suspect that he is, at least right now, but that the hype surrounding Johnny Football is going to sway management if it is even close.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right move. Manziel is the future, but it'll be a short, ugly future if he gets the message that his coaches will put up with anything he does because of his buzz.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoyer isn't the future.
I think this term gets tossed around too much. Yes, teams invest plenty of $$$ on players. But part of that is based on the investment potential. Manziel's potential might be higher, but the bottom line is that NFL teams want a QB that is a leader/winner.

If they start him this year it's because the browns brass doesn't want to throw manziel to the wolves and screw up his career.
If, as some believe, Hoyer is inferior to Manziel, then why would any NFL team start the QB that is worse? Doesn't make sense IMO. Apparently the coaching staff doesn't feel Manziel is better at this point.

Not sure why everyone loves/loved Hoyer so much.
I don't love Hoyer. But he seems to be doing more of the things that Manziel isn't - things like studying game film, studying the playbook, going through his progressions in game situations, not partying with Justin Bieber nor hanging out in Vegas.

I guess Manziel wasn't paying attention when Matt Lienart was pretty much pulling the same shenanigans until the Cardinals had enough.

Athleticism is one thing, but having the mental aptitude to be the leader of your team is another. Tom Brady hasn't won a Super Bowl in 10 years and Tom is much more of a leader than Manziel. Sadly I don't think Manziel will ever make that connection that he can't be the same guy that he was in college. As Barilko's signature says, "you are what you is."

Browns have 2 first round picks for 2015. Bet they draft a QB.

Last edited by a moderator: