• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AB Released

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think you all know how I felt about this. Glad this POS is gone wish they had kept DT. All I got to saY this

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think you all know how I felt about this. Glad this POS is gone wish they had kept DT. All I got to saY this
Don't confuse my defending the team with regard to recovering cap space with ever wanting AB. I just thought, with the quality of the current WR depth, why bother? I didn't think they should keep DT either since they had an opportunity to develop some youth too.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m reading AB’s case of Twitterhea this morning as an indication the Pats have told him he’s not getting his money tomorrow.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m reading AB’s case of Twitterhea this morning as an indication the Pats have told him he’s not getting his money tomorrow.
Too funny if he thought the bonus was a parting gift.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Hold them accountable.”

I’ve seen a lot of people with a stunning lack of self-awareness in my life. This guy just might be the all-time champ.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, this was AB less than 48 hours ago:

Somebody in this guy’s life needs to step up and get him some help.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, this was AB less than 48 hours ago:

Somebody in this guy’s life needs to step up and get him some help.
I keep seeing the phrase "you can't fix stupid", but you can fix that a whole lot easier than fixing narcissism.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFLPA considers a bonus due when the contract is signed. Otherwise teams could sign a guy gaurantee him a trillion dollars and cut him on Tuesday without paying a dime.

Right now the Patriots are on the hook for $9M and can protest it but they played him in Miami and that could be the bellweather move. There are certainly legal issues that none of us are aware of and I'm sure that the patriot attorneys are turning over every rock they find.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFLPA considers a bonus due when the contract is signed. Otherwise teams could sign a guy gaurantee him a trillion dollars and cut him on Tuesday without paying a dime.

Right now the Patriots are on the hook for $9M and can protest it but they played him in Miami and that could be the bellweather move. There are certainly legal issues that none of us are aware of and I'm sure that the patriot attorneys are turning over every rock they find.
If it cost 9M to rid us of him, money well spent.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'll change. If they have grounds to terminate the contract they won't need to pay the bonus or count it toward the cap. The intimidating texts, assuming it's true will be enough for grounds. If anything comes of the civil lawsuit there will be grounds too. I don't think there's immunity for actions happening before the signed contract.

Everyone wants to paint the Pats as bad guys for signing AB, but circumstances changed almost the moment he was signed. AB being a normal total dick isn't enough to make the Pats bad guys. Him being a total deviant dick is a different matter. They may have paused to make sure the accusations were credible, but he's gone now for a reason.

And honestly someone else was going to sign him if he hadn't wanted to go play with you guys.

I've seen a lot in my time and I can honestly say that I don't believe he is really retired and I won't be the least bit surprised if he ends with the Plowboys or even back with the RAIDERS! lol.

Being a bit facetious, but really nothing surprises me anymore.

As for the hate, if you guys would get rid of those hideous uniforms you play in and go back to the Steve Grogan era kit I'd never complain again. ;)

Oh, and apologise for the "Tuck Rule" game. :P

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And honestly someone else was going to sign him if he hadn't wanted to go play with you guys.

I've seen a lot in my time and I can honestly say that I don't believe he is really retired and I won't be the least bit surprised if he ends with the Plowboys or even back with the RAIDERS! lol.

Being a bit facetious, but really nothing surprises me anymore.

As for the hate, if you guys would get rid of those hideous uniforms you play in and go back to the Steve Grogan era kit I'd never complain again. ;)

Oh, and apologise for the "Tuck Rule" game. :P
You'd have to read deeply into old posts, but I believe you'll find evidence the original (not just Grogan era) unis are pretty universally appreciated. But are the current ones hideous?

Asking us to apologize for the tuck rule game is like asking us to apologize because the neighbor's dog bit you on the sidewalk in front of our house. Again you can find here a universal agreement that it was indeed a fumble that was saved by an actual rule that had been applied consistent with previous situations including against us earlier that year.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting piece on 98.5 the Spots Hub yesterday. Two teams contacted AB immediately after he was released by the Patriots. No one is saying who they were and of course every team is saying that it was someone else.

Rumors that came out shortly after he was released is that the NFL warned every owner that if they signed him, the NFL would immediately put him on the Commissioners Reserve list and that the team would have to pay him his contract. They also supposedly warned them that he would not come off that list until all legal matter were settled. Right now Witness Tampering charges are being considered and that's a felony.
Problem for AB is that he has no defense because he made the email public. If convicted he could 17 years in max security.

I was wrong. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt dealing with one woman who I still think wasn't assaulted but was refused $1.6M to pay bills and start a new business with AB as the cornerstone.
As a person, he's definitely a shitbag and hopefully his talent is never seen on an NFL field again.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd have to read deeply into old posts, but I believe you'll find evidence the original (not just Grogan era) unis are pretty universally appreciated. But are the current ones hideous?

Asking us to apologize for the tuck rule game is like asking us to apologize because the neighbor's dog bit you on the sidewalk in front of our house. Again you can find here a universal agreement that it was indeed a fumble that was saved by an actual rule that had been applied consistent with previous situations including against us earlier that year.

My neighbor already apologised ...

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have access to The Athletic, there’s an excellent very detailed article over there by Daniel Wallach explaining that the Pats have no realistic shot of getting off the hook for that $9m.

This paragraph sums it up pretty well though:

“Unfortunately for the Patriots, league negotiators weren’t prescient enough to anticipate the Brown conundrum in 2011. The current CBA does not allow for forfeiture of a signing bonus based on a player’s conduct subsequent to the execution of the contract, save for the four highly-specific circumstances identified in Article 4, Section 9(a): failure to report (including holdouts), incarceration, nonfootball injury resulting from a material breach, and, of course, retirement.”

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have access to The Athletic, there’s an excellent very detailed article over there by Daniel Wallach explaining that the Pats have no realistic shot of getting off the hook for that $9m.

This paragraph sums it up pretty well though:

“Unfortunately for the Patriots, league negotiators weren’t prescient enough to anticipate the Brown conundrum in 2011. The current CBA does not allow for forfeiture of a signing bonus based on a player’s conduct subsequent to the execution of the contract, save for the four highly-specific circumstances identified in Article 4, Section 9(a): failure to report (including holdouts), incarceration, nonfootball injury resulting from a material breach, and, of course, retirement.”
I heard They wrote into the contract specific conditions for the cancellation and those are void based on CBA clauses. Shame on the Pats and shame on Rosenhaus who for sure knew this. Pats should never work with him again.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point pay the damn 9M and be done with this crap. If the Pats screwed the pooch so be it, wash your hands of this abortion, toss your emotions in the medical waste bag, and move on.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point pay the damn 9M and be done with this crap. If the Pats screwed the pooch so be it, wash your hands of this abortion, toss your emotions in the medical waste bag, and move on.
They've made so many good personnel moves (financially savvy-wise) through the years they can chalk it to "win most, lost this one by trying to be greedy".

I do think they should not pay it until forced. They have grounds to fight this, though it looks like they'll lose.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've made so many good personnel moves (financially savvy-wise) through the years they can chalk it to "win most, lost this one by trying to be greedy".

I do think they should not pay it until forced. They have grounds to fight this, though it looks like they'll lose.

If they choose to fight it I am cool with that either way Bobby K can afford it.