• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim McMahon and........?

I had to look this up because it was driving me crazy thinking on it today.
Earl Morrall was the starter but was replaced by Johnny Unitas in SB V. He later backed up Bob Greise in SB VII
Jeff Rutledge was with the Giants and Redskins for SB XXI and XXVI
Matt Cavanaugh was with the 49ers for SB XIX and Giants for SB XXV
Then of course Jim McMahon who won with the Bears and then backed up Farve in Green Bay.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give him some weapons on defense and perhaps you have something cooking.

I've seen a few people on here wanting to hate on Rodgers and all. Not sure if this has something to do with the Cal haters on here who are trying to prove a point that Cal doesn't produce serviceable QB's in the NFL (Boller, Barnes, etc). That is true although it's rare that most schools don't produce more than 1-2 high profile QB's unless you're a place like Stanford.

Green Bay has some pieces in place. Lacy will be huge for them next season and Finley coming back should give Rodgers another weapon down the middle. Right now, though, the 49ers have the Packers' number the way they had our number back when Favre was their QB.

Note: Not saying your a Cal hater purguy, but there are a couple on here who are.

Not a cal hater. I respect Rogers and he is a great story but facts are he always had offensive players. If he was drafted by the 49ers he would of got beat up his 1st 2 years like Smith did. Rogers was put in a great situation. HOF QB to learn from and when he took over he had a great offense to play with.

Please don't get me wrong I think Rogers is a Top QB. That is why I think its impressive that Kap is 3-0 and in those 3 wins Kap was a the main reason 49ers won.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What's his stats in playoffs we act like he's losing these games?
Rodgers has the 3rd best career playoff passer rating in history (min 150 attempts).
NFL Career Playoffs Passer Rating Leaders - Pro-Football-Reference.com

His stats in his playoff losses are:
2009: 423 yards, 4 TD, 1 int, 121.4 rating. 1 rushing TD, 13 rush yards on 3 carries
2011: 264 yards, 2 TD, 1 int, 78.5 rating. 66 rushing yards on 9 carries.
2012: 257 yards, 2 TD, 1 int, 91.5 rating. 28 rushing yards on 3 carries
2013: 177 yards, 1 TD, 0 int. 97.8 rating. 11 rushing yards on 2 carries
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RodgAa00/gamelog/post/

Last edited by a moderator: