• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been a top 1 QB in the NFL over the last 5 years IMO.

This. If anything Rodgers is underrated. He's an incredible QB. It's not his fault that the team around him (defense and Oline especially) is SPS.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will just reiterate what majority on these boards are saying in that this is a team game with 53 players and 20+ coaches and it all starts with the GM, heck even the fans play a role with the selecting of the officials who vote on the management positions (at least for Pack fans). Do not be bamboozled by ESPN who puts the entire weight of games on the QB's shoulders.

Good game 49ers as I was shocked you didn't beat us by 3+ TD's with our second string defense out there and if anything we gave the game away by not putting it away on 1rst and goal or with the dropped pick 6 but it's a game of inches and I accept it. I still despise your coach and not too impressed with majority of your fans but respect you slightly more than all the bandwagon Seachicken fans.

Congrats and I will be rooting for you vs Scam

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will just reiterate what majority on these boards are saying in that this is a team game with 53 players and 20+ coaches and it all starts with the GM, heck even the fans play a role with the selecting of the officials who vote on the management positions (at least for Pack fans). Do not be bamboozled by ESPN who puts the entire weight of games on the QB's shoulders.

Good game 49ers as I was shocked you didn't beat us by 3+ TD's with our second string defense out there and if anything we gave the game away by not putting it away on 1rst and goal or with the dropped pick 6 but it's a game of inches and I accept it. I still despise your coach and not too impressed with majority of your fans but respect you slightly more than all the bandwagon Seachicken fans.

Congrats and I will be rooting for you vs Scam

Yes! Let the hate flow through you!

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Rodgers and I think he is an asshole. But he is probably the best QB in the league (at least he has an argument) The Packers scare me. Now that they are getting a run game going, and have some nice pieces on defense they are going to contend. If they don't get injured of course.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Rodgers and I think he is an asshole. But he is probably the best QB in the league (at least he has an argument) The Packers scare me. Now that they are getting a run game going, and have some nice pieces on defense they are going to contend. If they don't get injured of course.

Run game will help but their passing attack is no where near what it was when they won the Super Bowl. They need better play from their DE's and DB's to really contend. They only made the playoffs because the NFC North as a whole is division full of inconsistent teams.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton manning is the best QB, what he does on the field is amazing and no one else can do that

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rodgers didnt break his collarbone the Packers would have had a 1st round bye

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
All the modern day great quarterbacks have blemishes IMO.

Brady is 3 for 5 in Superbowls and hasn't won in forever.
Brees, Rodgers, and Peyton only have 1 ring... and Peyton is 1 for 2 in Superbowls.

They are all great quarterbacks but not sure where they stand in terms of the top 10 QBs of all time.
Peyton probably would crack the top 5. Brady and Rodgers might crack the top 10.

If Peyton was really astronomically great, he wouldn't lose that 2nd Superbowl.
If Rodgers was astronomically great, he'd be able to overcome his team's shortcomings and would not have lost 4 times in a row to us.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
They are all great quarterbacks but not sure where they stand in terms of the top 10 QBs of all time.
Peyton probably would crack the top 5. Brady and Rodgers might crack the top 10.

I don't put Brady on any list because his legacy is tainted by the team cheating. But if his legacy were clean I'd put him as the 2nd-best QB of all time behind Joe.

I agree Peyton deserves to be in the top 5. Could've been top 2 or 3 if he didn't blow it in the playoffs so much. That pick to Tracy Porter was a killer shot to his legacy.

If Rodgers was astronomically great, he'd be able to overcome his team's shortcomings and would not have lost 4 times in a row to us.

I don't necessarily agree with that. A QB can only do so much. I think Phillip Rivers was the best QB in the NFL in the 5-year span of 2006-2010 (and he got screwed by the ref's in the 2007 / 2008 AFC Championship game), and he doesn't have any rings. Rodgers is playing well enough to be one of the 3 or 4 best QBs of all time IMO (maybe even the best if he wins a bunch of rings).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rodgers didnt break his collarbone the Packers would have had a 1st round bye

LOL no they wouldn't. They didn't look that great with him in there. They would be in the same boat they were in with him just with a little better record.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rogers wouldn't be any where close to the Top 10 of all time. LOL that is some funny stuff.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Payton and Brady in my top 10 of all time. I put Brady ahead of Peyton because Brady has more rings and just plays better in big games. Peyton Playoff record isn't great. He is more like D. Marino and Brady is more like J. Montana. Peyton is a Regular season QB.

Peyton 9-11 with 8 1 and done playoffs(that is the number that knocks him down).
Brady 17-7

I would take Peyton is the Regular season and Brady in the Playoffs.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton 9-11 with 8 1 and done playoffs(that is the number that knocks him down).
Brady 17-7

Probably about to be 9 one and done playoff appearances. On a side note, how many times has Brady knocked Manning out of the playoffs?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top 10 is tough to call. With rule changes and offenses changing because of those rules, the numbers are so different. Honestly... Drew Brees doesn't survive football in the 80's.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,104.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of the Super Bowl year, Rodgers is 1-4 in the playoffs. That includes a loss to the Giants in 2012 when they were 15-1 in the regular season. He's a fantastic quarterback, no question, but I think guys like Bradshaw need to cool it on him.

didnt realize this. that is an amazing stat. but your right. to be an elite QB in this league you need to win in the playoffs

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the modern day great quarterbacks have blemishes IMO.

Brady is 3 for 5 in Superbowls and hasn't won in forever.
Brees, Rodgers, and Peyton only have 1 ring... and Peyton is 1 for 2 in Superbowls.

If Peyton was really astronomically great, he wouldn't lose that 2nd Superbowl.

This has always bothered me about Brady. When these conversations come up he gets a free pass from everybody for some reason. He started his career 10-0 in the playoffs and 3-0 in Super Bowls. He has gone 7-7 and 0-2 since. If every other QB is held to this postseason success standard why is he not scrutinized as well?

BTW - GG on Sunday and Congrats. You guys are turning into our Cowboys from the 90s, that one team we just can't get by. Good luck the rest of the way.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt realize this. that is an amazing stat. but your right. to be an elite QB in this league you need to win in the playoffs

Yeah, outside of his wins, he is 0-4. Just kidding. ;)

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a ring and that matters most.

Didn't packers have a good defense the year they won? I think that's also when Starks busted some good ass games there.

He has always had a plethora of WR options that's for sure.

We were 7th in defense that year I believe. Injuries, age, the inability to replace guys who have left, and young guys not developing the way management hoped is why we are where we are now.
Main guys from that defense we have lost and not replaced: Nick Collins, Charles Woodson, Cullen Jenkins. Tramon Williams and BJ Raji regressing. Injuries the last couple years all across the defense, and guys like Morgan Burnett, Nick Perry, and MD Jennings not becoming the players we have been told they were going to be.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payton is top 10 not sure About top 5 Montana, Unitas, Elway, Marino, Staubach, Brady/Payton I mean hard to say With the fact that Payton only won a SUper Bowl that the Bears practically delivered to him... sorry if I ain't buying it... Win 4 first without throwing a pick, and I'd think about moving him up higher. Montana or Marino, and Elway in todays pass friendly NFL would smoke Payton on a regular basis.