• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Curry

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Curry better on the inside? could very well be, but like you mentioned earlier, that's pretty much tied up and locked with Bowmand & Mr Willis.

I'm so done with Haralson right now lol.... he and Aldon needs to switch roles... rather see Aldon out there and learn to play the OLB rather than situational spots. Brooks has been rushing more and more than I expected and not sure if that's a good thing?

didn't see much of the Seattle game, but most of the Dallas. felt Haralson played well overall against Dallas. this isn't an endorsement that he starts 'forever', just saying don't forget to check how he's playing?

if Aldon is destined to be an every down player, he'll start sooner rather than later, no problem here. but wouldn't rush him in the line-up if he isn't ready.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Curry has good speed but hasn't translated into pass rush or coverage ability. The Seahawks could have had Sanchez with his spot! Ehh Mistake?!

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Door closing on Seahawks' Aaron Curry - NFC West Blog - ESPN

Wondering what some people thought of him coming into the draft? Also would you want him? Being beaten by a rookie doesnt say much for him.

I loved him coming out of the draft. I even brought up switching to a 4-3 because I thought he was that good of a prospect. I'm obviously pretty surprised by how his pro career is going. But no I dont think I want him anymore. I dont see him fitting our defense and obviously no way would we change for a player of his caliber.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't see much of the Seattle game, but most of the Dallas. felt Haralson played well overall against Dallas. this isn't an endorsement that he starts 'forever', just saying don't forget to check how he's playing?

if Aldon is destined to be an every down player, he'll start sooner rather than later, no problem here. but wouldn't rush him in the line-up if he isn't ready.

Just speaking from my own interests but I had my fill with Haralson.... he's no starter by any means... he doesn't get off blocks, he runs himself into blockers and takes himself out of the play. He's no where near fast enough to burn anyone so I rather just roll with Aldon and get Aldon the reps for his growth.

In 2008 he recorded 8 sacks. 3 years later to this point, he recorded 11(5,4,2)sacks... I'm rdy to move on...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just speaking from my own interests but I had my fill with Haralson.... he's no starter by any means... he doesn't get off blocks, he runs himself into blockers and takes himself out of the play. He's no where near fast enough to burn anyone so I rather just roll with Aldon and get Aldon the reps for his growth.

In 2008 he recorded 8 sacks. 3 years later to this point, he recorded 11(5,4,2)sacks... I'm rdy to move on...

your opinion is fine but what happens when Aldon makes more mistakes or major mistakes because he's not ready? maybe you won't be complaining but i'm SURE many will. we'll read posts like "Aldon was a wasted draft pick", "why couldn't we hold the lead", "how did they get a big play on us", "Fangio must go", etc..

not asking Aldon be "mistake free" before he can start, but get to a point where he isn't a major liability. get to a point where you can call most of your defensive adjustments and not worry about Aldon.

like the way they're doing it now, he's getting reps but only those plays he's likely to handle. don't see why his reps won't increase as the season goes on?

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I am not saying Parys is more than what he is but in 2 games this season, he already registered 2 sacks and 2 FF. So, basically, he is already @ 50% of his sack total from last year. Compare that to Ahmad Brooks with 0 sacks so far and Haralson goes out on certain packages in pass defense

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am not saying Parys is more than what he is but in 2 games this season, he already registered 2 sacks and 2 FF. So, basically, he is already @ 50% of his sack total from last year. Compare that to Ahmad Brooks with 0 sacks so far and Haralson goes out on certain packages in pass defense

its not just pass defense (sacks), i noticed him defending well on run plays too. this without 'focusing' on his play.

granted this is just the Dallas game and anyone can have a good game.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
its not just pass defense (sacks), i noticed him defending well on run plays too. this without 'focusing' on his play.

granted this is just the Dallas game and anyone can have a good game.

Here is another point of comparison... Haralson has 7 tackles (5 solo) while Brooks has 5 tackles (3 solo)...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your opinion is fine but what happens when Aldon makes more mistakes or major mistakes because he's not ready? maybe you won't be complaining but i'm SURE many will. we'll read posts like "Aldon was a wasted draft pick", "why couldn't we hold the lead", "how did they get a big play on us", "Fangio must go", etc..

not asking Aldon be "mistake free" before he can start, but get to a point where he isn't a major liability. get to a point where you can call most of your defensive adjustments and not worry about Aldon.

like the way they're doing it now, he's getting reps but only those plays he's likely to handle. don't see why his reps won't increase as the season goes on?

I'll take the gamble with Aldon since he can use the rookie card but Mozart pointed out earlier in the thread, the other 6 rookies before him ARE getting playing time and making some huge contributions to their respected team(not sure on Von Miller), I'd say let the Tiger loose and let him get his paws dirty.

I would've been fine with the easing him in, and I don't want him playing all game long of course, but definitely bring him in a lot more often, especially on firsts... don't limit his playing time to situational passing downs.

This way we'll get an idea if Smith can play OLB sooner than later rather than waiting by wk 14 or next year...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If Curry isn't starting how can he still be on the roster? He was the 4th overall pick; he's got to be making a ton of money.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the gamble with Aldon since he can use the rookie card but Mozart pointed out earlier in the thread, the other 6 rookies before him ARE getting playing time and making some huge contributions to their respected team(not sure on Von Miller), I'd say let the Tiger loose and let him get his paws dirty.

I would've been fine with the easing him in, and I don't want him playing all game long of course, but definitely bring him in a lot more often, especially on firsts... don't limit his playing time to situational passing downs.

This way we'll get an idea if Smith can play OLB sooner than later rather than waiting by wk 14 or next year...

well he's making the transition from end to olb. the steelers usually let their olb sit and learn the position. teams will go after him

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Aldon had 25 plays and it wasn't only to pass rush. if that isn't 'easing him in', tell us what is?

how many plays did Willis have?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
looks like Dallas ran 66 OFFENSIVE plays (nfl.com) and i'll assume it includes OT. Aldon had 25 plays so not all of them were situational 3rd and longs. Fangio IS easing him in and its not only for pass rushing, wow........they're doing exactly what your complaining about?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Curry isn't starting how can he still be on the roster? He was the 4th overall pick; he's got to be making a ton of money.

He just got demoted and I read something about the Hawks being able to cut ties with him after the season and not owe anymore moolah...

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He just got demoted and I read something about the Hawks being able to cut ties with him after the season and not owe anymore moolah...

Yeah, they restructured to void the last two years of his contract. Not sure if that also affected this year's base, but I'd imagine a big chunk of that is in signing bonus. At this point, he's on the books, so no real sense in cutting him unless they need the roster spot.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talk in Seattle is that curry has terrible football instincts or smarts, and after watching him for a season, Carroll had enough and benched him for a rookie. Not sure I'd want him.

Bison645

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry = Aundray Bruce
Maybe the Raiders will take a flyer at him?