• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand my first FF question of the season!

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I really wish I didn't have to ask it, but here it goes. BTW, this is NOT the Way Too Long League which will surprise you all, but the league I've been in for 30+ years now. We haven't had any major issues fer years, but now we have a potential league breaker. We keep 2 players each and are allowed to trade our non-keepers fer draft picks. Just as an example, I'm keeping tKing and CMac and I traded Kupp fer a 3rd. Shopped him fer a 2nd, but a 3rd was the best I could get. And honestly, that's about what we get when trading fer picks: 2 to 3 rounds off of their ADP. Here is the rule on collusion.

The Cartel Rule-If in the opinion of the rules committee, two or more franchises have joined together in an association or cartel in order to improve only one of the franchise that trade may be considered null and void.

Here is the trade: Crowder and a 13th fer Justin Jefferson and a 15th. So IMO, the trade is legal and shady as shit. Both teams improved even though it's like trading JJ fer a Defense. There is more to this, I just wanted to get some thoughts from you all.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crowder and a 13th fer Justin Jefferson and a 15th…

WHY THOUGH??

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of new to keeper leagues ( did join one this year) so I have a question . What round does Jefferson count against for the team trading for him?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of new to keeper leagues ( did join one this year) so I have a question . What round does Jefferson count against for the team trading for him?
We keep 2 and they count as yer 1st and 2nd round pick.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our league can do something similar. One year, I traded Andre Johnson (in his prime) for a 7th. A couple of people gave me a little shit for it. I apologized and told them I must have missed their counter when I offered AJ to them for a 3rd or 4th. Sucks that he didn't get much value for him, but I bet if you would have offered your 10th for him, he would have taken it. If not, then something funny is going on.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So first or second, but Jefferson specifically would count as a first I assume?
I think everyone keeps 2 people and they basically count as your 1st 2 picks. So the draft basically starts in the 3rd round.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone keeps 2 people and they basically count as your 1st 2 picks. So the draft basically starts in the 3rd round.
Rules for Keeper leagues sure vary a bunch. The team trading JJ is keeping which players ( I assume it would be easy to deduct)?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who are the keepers for the team trading Jefferson??

Here are the 2 trades that led to this. His keepers were Mixon and Devante
2Orange Crush / The TicketTradeFri Sep 2 12:15:45 p.m. MT 2022
3Orange Crush / VIVATradeFri Sep 2 11:25:28 a.m. MT 2022

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How stacked is a team that doesnt have Jefferson as a keeper? On the surface I am thinking this is shady as fuck, however if all teams has to keep two players. Then the guy trying to move up 2 spots, might be calculating some new guy (rookie) to become their keeper next year.
So it is possible it is a legit trade request. but I would have my doubts.

My question is how have you been in a keeper league for 30+ years?
I have been in my keeper league since 2003. 30+ years predates the internet. Well done. :clap:

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the 2 trades that led to this. His keepers were Mixon and Devante
2Orange Crush / The TicketTradeFri Sep 2 12:15:45 p.m. MT 2022
3Orange Crush / VIVATradeFri Sep 2 11:25:28 a.m. MT 2022
round 13 & 15? I thought you were talking pick 13 & 15. I would say fuck no to this trade. Either this guy doesnt know what he is doing or maybe he is getting ready to bail on league & beefing up another player before he leaves. (or some sort of real-life favor has been agreed upon to make the trade more even)

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How stacked is a team that doesnt have Jefferson as a keeper? On the surface I am thinking this is shady as fuck, however if all teams has to keep two players. Then the guy trying to move up 2 spots, might be calculating some new guy (rookie) to become their keeper next year.
So it is possible it is a legit trade request. but I would have my doubts.

My question is how have you been in a keeper league for 30+ years?
I have been in my keeper league since 2003. 30+ years predates the internet. Well done. :clap:
Stacked as fuck.
Chubb
Ekeler
Deebo
Jefferson
Just like most leagues, RB's rule. Personally I would have kept Ekeler and Deebo but how can you go wrong?
No shit, we used to use the newspaper to tally our scores and leave messages for WW pickups..............lol.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stacked as fuck.
Chubb
Ekeler
Deebo
Jefferson
Just like most leagues, RB's rule. Personally I would have kept Ekeler and Deebo but how can you go wrong?
No shit, we used to use the newspaper to tally our scores and leave messages for WW pickups..............lol.
How many teams are in this league?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I really wish I didn't have to ask it, but here it goes. BTW, this is NOT the Way Too Long League which will surprise you all, but the league I've been in for 30+ years now. We haven't had any major issues fer years, but now we have a potential league breaker. We keep 2 players each and are allowed to trade our non-keepers fer draft picks. Just as an example, I'm keeping tKing and CMac and I traded Kupp fer a 3rd. Shopped him fer a 2nd, but a 3rd was the best I could get. And honestly, that's about what we get when trading fer picks: 2 to 3 rounds off of their ADP. Here is the rule on collusion.

The Cartel Rule-If in the opinion of the rules committee, two or more franchises have joined together in an association or cartel in order to improve only one of the franchise that trade may be considered null and void.

Here is the trade: Crowder and a 13th fer Justin Jefferson and a 15th. So IMO, the trade is legal and shady as shit. Both teams improved even though it's like trading JJ fer a Defense. There is more to this, I just wanted to get some thoughts from you all.

That smells fishy… like, buried in the waste bin at a fish plant smelly.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stacked as fuck.
Chubb
Ekeler
Deebo
Jefferson

We started our league in 1998… Tuesday newspaper was king!

But we’ve since evolved our rosters/rules. We used to not have waivers, and had weird starting rules.