• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Positive Wentz Article

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if he put up good numbers, why was there a collapse? Perhaps the numbers are inflated the Reich knew that. You cannot blame the defense...it was top 10.

Let us be honest, Wentz will NOT have 2 things here that will deflate his numbers:

1. Elite play-caller in Reich.
2. Best ground game in the NFL.

Colts fans/apologists were already nervous and questioning Wentz after 8 weeks. I find it odd that you dismiss the opinions and proof that Colts fans/pundits provided. I believe your "loyalty" to the coaches and Wentz prevents you from thinking objectively. Please see McAfee's quote.

You also fail to acknowledge that Indy had the #10 overall defense and we had the #25 ranked defense. You purposely neglect that because it does not fit your agenda. We were ranked dead last in passing TDs and 29th in passing yards. Rivera's fix was to keep our secondary coach, bring back McCain and then draft a 4th rounder to fix it???

McAfee said:

The collapse was b/c he stunk the last 2 games. The guy only had 7ints for the whole year in 17 games. That doesn't mean anything to you? You put him on our team last year and we make the playoffs not the Eagles. Matter of fact we would have swept the Eagles last year if we had Wentz

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are playing Monday Morning QB here as always. RR did not know other teams weren't involved at the time of the trade. An Matt Ryan was still on ATL at that time. At the time Wentz was the best option b/c the team wanted him RR and Scott Turner. Plus you dont know the trade offers the Jets received for Darnold.
So how did Rivera not know but others knew? It was well documented????

Again, it was a miss and mistake on the front office. If they didn't know, they should have known. Let's call it an error. What did Rivera do to fix that error and make sure it doesn't happen again? NOTHING.

You continue to blindly defend Rivera and you know it.

Wentz was the best option for RR and Turner...LOL Boy, that gives me confidence. Please tell us what experience Turner has in evaluating QBs? Was it his high school offensive coordinator experience or his University of Michigan analyst experience?

No, I do not know what offers were made to the Jets. What we do know is that there were 8 teams interested in Darnold and only 1 team interested in Wentz.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The collapse was b/c he stunk the last 2 games. The guy only had 7ints for the whole year in 17 games. That doesn't mean anything to you? You put him on our team last year and we make the playoffs not the Eagles. Matter of fact we would have swept the Eagles last year if we had Wentz
Did you not ready what McAfee said? He said the numbers are misleading. He knows more about Wentz than you do as he is an NFL all-pro and Pro Bowl player. He is a die-hard Colts fan and college football analyst. He called Wentz the most "reckless QB he ever saw". He should have thrown 11 INTs or even more. Apparently, he is an idiot and should be listening to you.

Reich also knows more than you and Rivera as well. You make it seem as if the Colts are insane for trading him after 1 year. The front office and players do not feel that way. Did you not read Reich's quote I provided?

You are speculating about the Eagles last year again. You were proven wrong so there is no need to address that. I am not going to waste my time. You continue to leave out the defensive issues in those Eagles games and continue to purposely ignore the league's WORST passing defense.

We can drop this conversation as it is a waste of my time. You fail to think objectively and other posters have stated that as well. I am done.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how did Rivera not know but others knew? It was well documented????

Again, it was a miss and mistake on the front office. If they didn't know, they should have known. Let's call it an error. What did Rivera do to fix that error and make sure it doesn't happen again? NOTHING.

You continue to blindly defend Rivera and you know it.

Wentz was the best option for RR and Turner...LOL Boy, that gives me confidence. Please tell us what experience Turner has in evaluating QBs? Was it his high school offensive coordinator experience or his University of Michigan analyst experience?

No, I do not know what offers were made to the Jets. What we do know is that there were 8 teams interested in Darnold and only 1 team interested in Wentz.

The Colts came out after the fact and said there were no other trade offers for Wentz. At the time of negotiation how would RR know if there were other teams involved? We basically matched what the Panthers gave the Jets for Darnold. Yes in RR and Turners eyes they wanted him. I cant dispute that they run the show. We have to trust them.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you not ready what McAfee said? He said the numbers are misleading. He knows more about Wentz than you do as he is an NFL all-pro and Pro Bowl player. He is a die-hard Colts fan and college football analyst. He called Wentz the most "reckless QB he ever saw". He should have thrown 11 INTs or even more. Apparently, he is an idiot and should be listening to you.

Reich also knows more than you and Rivera as well. You make it seem as if the Colts are insane for trading him after 1 year. The front office and players do not feel that way. Did you not read Reich's quote I provided?

You are speculating about the Eagles last year again. You were proven wrong so there is no need to address that. I am not going to waste my time. You continue to leave out the defensive issues in those Eagles games and continue to purposely ignore the league's WORST passing defense.

We can drop this conversation as it is a waste of my time. You fail to think objectively and other posters have stated that as well. I am done.

Actually the Colts got very lucky that Ryan became available. That is one analyst opinion about the guy and you treat it like gold. What about what Toreey smith said or Rg3 said. You dismiss that, of course. You dont like the guy fine. I happy we got someone of substance and will not go into the season with TH.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b/c you dont understand when teams are desperate for a QB they will do anything to land him. You don't get that and you let a 2nd round pick sway you away from getting the player you want. You couldn't granuttee we would of gotten Wentz in Fa if he hit the market. Just like you couldnt guarntte that a FA like Bridgewater or Trib would of signed here in FA.

Did the Broncos or Rams care about draft capital when landing their QB's? No! Sure they have better all around teams but they did whatever they had to do to get their QB. You dont understand this. We overpaid in the RG3 trade b/c Rex Grossman was the QB. We overpaid on the Wentz trade b/c TH was the current QB. Teams do this all the time to land their desired QB. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn.t. RR has been aggressive in try to get us a QB in the last two years. You cant deny that.
being desperate and acting out on that leads to mistakes , RGME , Mcnabb CDC haskins and now wince . all of them failed and the jury is still out on wince
Plus Sam Darnold last year got traded to the Panthers for a 2nd, 4th, and 6th round picks Why? He was going to be there starting QB
and it was a bad deal by the panthers piling on stupidity doesnt make it right
It tells me that they blame him for the collapse of last year. He puts up his Indys numbers last year over here we will win,.
perhaps it was for good reason , KC, when he needed to make a run to make the playoffs won 4 straight games to get us there , wince needed only 2 and he collapsed
you are playing Monday Morning QB here as always. RR did not know other teams weren't involved at the time of the trade. An Matt Ryan was still on ATL at that time. At the time Wentz was the best option b/c the team wanted him RR and Scott Turner. Plus you dont know the trade offers the Jets received for Darnold.
if you are a HC/GM you had better know who your competition is that is incompetence at the highest level . . we didnt have to give up pick to get wince , we should have waited till he was let go . if our 2 captain's re upped with us because we are the best thing since sliced bread then wince would have jumped at the chance to sign with us . if he went somewhere else then GRAP , trubisky or mayfield could get us 8=9 wins and hell falco got us 7 wins vs a much much tougher schedule then wince will face

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys ..... Wentz hasn't failed yet. He may, but it has not happened yet.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys ..... Wentz hasn't failed yet. He may, but it has not happened yet.
my thing is i dont think we needed to give up what we did to get him

i expect wince will play like a mid level qb and make some great plays and will make some awful ones . in the past that wasnt good enough even though it should have been . you can win with a mid level guy but you have to have good players around him

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
being desperate and acting out on that leads to mistakes , RGME , Mcnabb CDC haskins and now wince . all of them failed and the jury is still out on wince

and it was a bad deal by the panthers piling on stupidity doesnt make it right

perhaps it was for good reason , KC, when he needed to make a run to make the playoffs won 4 straight games to get us there , wince needed only 2 and he collapsed

if you are a HC/GM you had better know who your competition is that is incompetence at the highest level . . we didnt have to give up pick to get wince , we should have waited till he was let go . if our 2 captain's re upped with us because we are the best thing since sliced bread then wince would have jumped at the chance to sign with us . if he went somewhere else then GRAP , trubisky or mayfield could get us 8=9 wins and hell falco got us 7 wins vs a much much tougher schedule then wince will face

Your playing Monday Morning QB. You dont know that at the time. The Darnold trade was to prove the value of an average starting QB in this league. Again the FA guys you mention, you don't know if they would of signed here. Wentz is better than all of them with bigger upside if he works out.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your playing Monday Morning QB. You dont know that at the time. The Darnold trade was to prove the value of an average starting QB in this league. Again the FA guys you mention, you don't know if they would of signed here. Wentz is better than all of them with bigger upside if he works out.
I did know it at the time and I bitched about every trade we made when it happened

And I am sorry but you can’t use the example that our captains feel this is a great place to play but then turn around and say none of the FA would sign here . Can’t have it both ways dean

Wince has no upside , he is what he is at age 30

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did know it at the time and I bitched about every trade we made when it happened

And I am sorry but you can’t use the example that our captains feel this is a great place to play but then turn around and say none of the FA would sign here . Can’t have it both ways dean

Wince has no upside , he is what he is at age 30

Of course I can. the captains have already played here and know RR. The UFA haven't played here. Big difference!! Wanting Trib and Bridgewater over Wentz is hilarious. This QB draft class was weak.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I can. the captains have already played here and know RR. The UFA haven't played here. Big difference!! Wanting Trib and Bridgewater over Wentz is hilarious. This QB draft class was weak.
No you can’t and be taken seriously . You also have no idea wince would have signed here either . He most likely would have

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you can’t and be taken seriously . You also have no idea wince would have signed here either . He most likely would have

Exactly!! They wanted him that bad so they traded for him. They felt a starting QB was worth 2 md round picks.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly!! They wanted him that bad so they traded for him. They felt a starting QB was worth 2 md round picks.
dean he could have signed here anyway , just as much chance as if he didnt and if he didnt there were other options in FA and the draft

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and wanting him so bad that they made a bad deal to get him

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dean he could have signed here anyway , just as much chance as if he didnt and if he didnt there were other options in FA and the draft

Those options in Fa and draft were crap.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and wanting him so bad that they made a bad deal to get him

I guess so b/c they thought the FA QB class and the draft wasn't as good as Wentz. That is why they made the deal.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those options in Fa and draft were crap.
grap is crap ? doubtful mayfield , TB MT all can get us the 7-9 wins wince would get . picket in the draft could as well

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess so b/c they thought the FA QB class and the draft wasn't as good as Wentz. That is why they made the deal.
they made a deal they didnt have to make , hell falco with a better team around him would be ok