• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Positive Wentz Article

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would they’ve been in those situations with better qb play that often?ed coaching tree
Maybe not. but.........a lotta peeps seem to think Cuz is the truth and they had their share of those issues when he was QBing the Skins. Granted the coaches who belong to that very impressive "Awesome Coaches Who Got These Fuck Out When The Gettin Was Good" coaching tree that has flourished under Snyder. Were still pretty young coaching-wise and maybe even a little green still tinkering with their mojo n whatnot so who knows.

And while I'm hoping for the best far as Wince goes. Some of those numbers from last year (stats/QB rating by quarters n stats by halves/last 2 minutes in a half) are certainly not inspiring confidence. As the games went on. Wince became a less effective QB and if a game was tight he was even less effective. The points diff isn't a confidence builder either. And when you add that type of player to the type of team the Skins have shown themselvexs to be for a good portion of the last 20 years or so. Its an iffy combination with poor results.

But for a second. lets say the Skins as a team and Wince as a player have a solid to good year. Lets say 11-5-1 (which actually would be great win-wise) Then t\e can they build on the success they achieved questions come into play. No Skins in the Snyder Era that has went to the playoffs. Has improved upon anything the following year. The closet a Skins team has come imo was in 2007. Buy you have to lump in 2006 between the 2005 10-6 Redskins that won a wildcard game, that hoorid 2006 season and the 2007 9-7 Redskins that lost to Seattle in the wildcard game. That's the closest the Skins have been to sustained success, if that's what you wanna call success. and it didn't meet any criteria far as taking a step forward

You wanna be optimistic, I get it. I even admire it to an extent. Hell, I've been waiting 2 decades to say I was wrong................in a good way about this team. Not that I haven't been wrong about this team in the last 20 years. I have for real, in the worst way though.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that argument somewhat. Dak is clearly #1 and Jones is obviously #4.

Hurts has just 1 year as a starter but led the team to the playoffs. He is probably still somewhat of an unknown. Wentz is what he is and I am guessing pundits go with what they know instead of what they don't know.

If I had to pick between either one of them, I go Hurts for sure.
Hurts does bring the "legs" dimension however Wince is no slouch either. The only two things that separate Hurts/Wince for me is Winces experience and big arm ability.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not. but.........a lotta peeps seem to think Cuz is the truth and they had their share of those issues when he was QBing the Skins. Granted the coaches who belong to that very impressive "Awesome Coaches Who Got These Fuck Out When The Gettin Was Good" coaching tree that has flourished under Snyder. Were still pretty young coaching-wise and maybe even a little green still tinkering with their mojo n whatnot so who knows.

And while I'm hoping for the best far as Wince goes. Some of those numbers from last year (stats/QB rating by quarters n stats by halves/last 2 minutes in a half) are certainly not inspiring confidence. As the games went on. Wince became a less effective QB and if a game was tight he was even less effective. The points diff isn't a confidence builder either. And when you add that type of player to the type of team the Skins have shown themselvexs to be for a good portion of the last 20 years or so. Its an iffy combination with poor results.

But for a second. lets say the Skins as a team and Wince as a player have a solid to good year. Lets say 11-5-1 (which actually would be great win-wise) Then t\e can they build on the success they achieved questions come into play. No Skins in the Snyder Era that has went to the playoffs. Has improved upon anything the following year. The closet a Skins team has come imo was in 2007. Buy you have to lump in 2006 between the 2005 10-6 Redskins that won a wildcard game, that hoorid 2006 season and the 2007 9-7 Redskins that lost to Seattle in the wildcard game. That's the closest the Skins have been to sustained success, if that's what you wanna call success. and it didn't meet any criteria far as taking a step forward

You wanna be optimistic, I get it. I even admire it to an extent. Hell, I've been waiting 2 decades to say I was wrong................in a good way about this team. Not that I haven't been wrong about this team in the last 20 years. I have for real, in the worst way though.
wince is mid level , so is KC , they get there in different ways . nothing wrong with mid level if the rest of the team brings it the defense cant give away games like they did with KC . KC had us in position to win at least 10 games through his tenure here and defense and ST's blew it at the end

we cant have that with wince

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't leave if for no other reason than you are valuable to the forum. :D

Good calls all around. I was living and working NY when Gibbs Part Deaux happened. I jumped around the house and said "they are going back to the Bowl." Joe could coach them up but he shouldn't have been allowed to buy the groceries. I remember when Beathard left all too well. That was the start of the decline of the Redskins, Gibbs rode the pony until it was time to put out to pasture and then went to NASCAR. It isn't just RR.

Sigh, Antonio Pierce ... not only a good football player but a good guy. Stud in NY. How about Ryan Clark? What the f*ck were they thinking? Yep to Walt Harris. I think some (not all) don't realize how good Portis was. He was too small to be used like he was. He was a junk yard dog.

Every year fans blame the HC or the DC or the QB etc. etc. .... 158.3, the constant is Snyder.

The kicking game is a good call also. Once again "some" want to blame others but forget how bad the kicking team has been for so long and how many games it cost the Skins. It seems like most years 1 or 2 games.

We'll do what we always do, root for the Redskins with some side emphasis on a few other teams. I root for a couple of those Cali teams with former Redskin coaches and of course the Vikings with with Cousins. Hail to the ..... oh yeah ... we don't do that anymore.
Yeah, I can't front. I certainly didn't give BB his due until well after the fact. I can't recall what game it was, but the 05 season wasn't even over yet and the in game announcers were already talking about Clark's release when the season ended. Rumor Control said the reason was because Clark was looking for a pay bump in 06 to the 2 mill a year range and he was told to kick rocks. He made less than 1 mill for the 04 season ($380,000) and 05 season ($455.000) combined. Was Sean Taylor was drafted he had a relative or family friend acting as he agent and signed a bad deal, 7 years, 18.5 million. In 2006 the Skins signed Adam Archuleta to a 6 year 30 mill/10 mill guaranteed and in 07 Laron Landry to a 41.5 mill with 17 mill guaranteed contract Each was record setting for signing a safety at the time of the signing. Aside from the ridiculous amount of money paid to players who didn't deserve that for no other reason than they weren't that good. I look at it as basically a waste of 2 roster spots. those deals were as bad or worse than making a bad trade and taking multiple players way too high in the draft.

Have you ever heard in the history of football of a team that retained a FG kicker/kick off guy over a 3 year period. That only played in a total of 23 games over that same 3 year period? Hell fuckin nah you haven't cuz its freakin crazy.....................that was until 2004 when FG kicker John Hall played in 8 games in 04, 10 games in 05 and 5 games in 06 where at some point of the year he was finally cut. And that boys n girls is a great to ensure you continue to have major issues in the kicking game year after year after year. Over that 3 year period the Redskins only attempted 6 FGs of 50 yards or more. They made 1.

All that said. After the 05 season I was pretty excited after getting over the loss to the Hawks. I thought the Skins maybe win that game if Carlos "Catch 22" Rogers doesn't drop that walk in pick 6 and John Hall doesn't miss a 36 yd FG.. Still, I thought the Skins were set up damn good for a return to the SB. Just needed a few upgrades here n there. A RB to lessen CP's load, a solid #2 WR. I know L:aVar wore out his welcome but, making him play the year before against the 9ers late in the season when he just got back from injury was another WTF move. Lamar Marshall was another diamond in the rough player who filled in nicely after LA's injury in 04. I thought he was the Skins best pass coverage backer and he did alright as the Skins MLB in 05. He wasn't cut out to a MLB though so move him back to will and get a LB suited for middle and a pass rusher. If the Skins had concentrated on that............oh and getting a decent freakin FG kicker. Sigh.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I can't front. I certainly didn't give BB his due until well after the fact. I can't recall what game it was, but the 05 season wasn't even over yet and the in game announcers were already talking about Clark's release when the season ended. Rumor Control said the reason was because Clark was looking for a pay bump in 06 to the 2 mill a year range and he was told to kick rocks. He made less than 1 mill for the 04 season ($380,000) and 05 season ($455.000) combined. Was Sean Taylor was drafted he had a relative or family friend acting as he agent and signed a bad deal, 7 years, 18.5 million. In 2006 the Skins signed Adam Archuleta to a 6 year 30 mill/10 mill guaranteed and in 07 Laron Landry to a 41.5 mill with 17 mill guaranteed contract Each was record setting for signing a safety at the time of the signing. Aside from the ridiculous amount of money paid to players who didn't deserve that for no other reason than they weren't that good. I look at it as basically a waste of 2 roster spots. those deals were as bad or worse than making a bad trade and taking multiple players way too high in the draft.

Have you ever heard in the history of football of a team that retained a FG kicker/kick off guy over a 3 year period. That only played in a total of 23 games over that same 3 year period? Hell fuckin nah you haven't cuz its freakin crazy.....................that was until 2004 when FG kicker John Hall played in 8 games in 04, 10 games in 05 and 5 games in 06 where at some point of the year he was finally cut. And that boys n girls is a great to ensure you continue to have major issues in the kicking game year after year after year. Over that 3 year period the Redskins only attempted 6 FGs of 50 yards or more. They made 1.

All that said. After the 05 season I was pretty excited after getting over the loss to the Hawks. I thought the Skins maybe win that game if Carlos "Catch 22" Rogers doesn't drop that walk in pick 6 and John Hall doesn't miss a 36 yd FG.. Still, I thought the Skins were set up damn good for a return to the SB. Just needed a few upgrades here n there. A RB to lessen CP's load, a solid #2 WR. I know L:aVar wore out his welcome but, making him play the year before against the 9ers late in the season when he just got back from injury was another WTF move. Lamar Marshall was another diamond in the rough player who filled in nicely after LA's injury in 04. I thought he was the Skins best pass coverage backer and he did alright as the Skins MLB in 05. He wasn't cut out to a MLB though so move him back to will and get a LB suited for middle and a pass rusher. If the Skins had concentrated on that............oh and getting a decent freakin FG kicker. Sigh.r
Pay Archuleta and don't pay Clark. :noidea:

LMAO @ Catch 22.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wince is mid level , so is KC , they get there in different ways . nothing wrong with mid level if the rest of the team brings it the defense cant give away games like they did with KC . KC had us in position to win at least 10 games through his tenure here and defense and ST's blew it at the end

Why not, results will be the same.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another article that needs to be considered.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
skinsdad62 said:
my thing is i dont think we needed to give up what we did to get him

i expect wince will play like a mid level qb and make some great plays and will make some awful ones . in the past that wasnt good enough even though it should have been . you can win with a mid level guy but you have to have good players around him

me in the same thread

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This didn't age well.
There were a few more I see where Dean scolded and harangued the board for not buying into Wentz; however, I am feeling nice today and decided not to bump those as well...LOL

Hopefully, we have no more repeats in 2023.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz is now over. How about we concentrate on a new owner, EB, Payne, Howell, the draft .....

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a few more I see where Dean scolded and harangued the board for not buying into Wentz; however, I am feeling nice today and decided not to bump those as well...LOL

Hopefully, we have no more repeats in 2023.

I didn't realize Dean was actually all in on Wentz, that's 1 week ban worthy

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wince will never be over and it ain’t over till we say it’s over :D

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went through all the posts. I didn't harass anyone. Never sweared or called people names. tahts a fact. In posts #69 I admitted that Wentz could fail but I had hope going in. Duke, in post #21 you agreed with my friend that they were unsure about Hurts. Also, in post #27 you said we will never bench CW and the 2023 pick will be a 2nd rounder. Post #31 skinsfan21 believed we were a playoff team. Even Skinsdad admitted in post #32 that we would have a decent team. I actually got a like from Rowdy in post #33. Post #48 skinsdad said CW will play like a mid-level QB. Post #62 rowdy said CW was worth a shot. Post #72 stated CW was impressing his teammates.

duke, you can bust my balls about CW not working out. that's fine. Show me where I scolded and harassed people?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went through all the posts. I didn't harass anyone. Never sweared or called people names. tahts a fact. In posts #69 I admitted that Wentz could fail but I had hope going in. Duke, in post #21 you agreed with my friend that they were unsure about Hurts. Also, in post #27 you said we will never bench CW and the 2023 pick will be a 2nd rounder. Post #31 skinsfan21 believed we were a playoff team. Even Skinsdad admitted in post #32 that we would have a decent team. I actually got a like from Rowdy in post #33. Post #48 skinsdad said CW will play like a mid-level QB. Post #62 rowdy said CW was worth a shot. Post #72 stated CW was impressing his teammates.

duke, you can bust my balls about CW not working out. that's fine. Show me where I scolded and harassed people?
Do you really want him to pull up the thread ?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you want me to pull up all the nonsense from the past 10 months, I can. I said I was in a good mood and I would not.

You do harass people because you told me you were "sick" of my posts and told me to "leave". If that is not harassment, what is? During Week 1, after I had left the board, you posted "We found our Quarterback....WHERE IS DUKE?". Are you still under the delusion you don't harass people?

The board moderator had to even come in and correct you. You attempt to dictate what a fan is and you want to police the board.

You were here on Christmas Day and Thanksgiving agenda posting about Wentz.

I was unsure of Hurts long-term but I always said he was better than Wentz for sure. You disagreed.

I did not think Rivera would bench Wentz, because Rivera sacrificed so much to get him and he would stick by his mistake because he is a terrible GM. I knew Wentz was bad, but not that bad. Thank goodness I was wrong and we keep that 2nd rounder.

You claimed this would be "one of the best trades" and that the draft capital "wouldn't matter" if it worked out. Everyone told you otherwise. Stop playing the victim Dean, it isn't going to work.

Nobody has been SO wrong on SO many things than you!

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really want him to pull up the thread ?
I thought we were all going to laugh with Dean but his selective memory has kicked in and once again he is the victim here...sigh

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want me to pull up all the nonsense from the past 10 months, I can. I said I was in a good mood and I would not.

You do harass people because you told me you were "sick" of my posts and told me to "leave". If that is not harassment, what is? During Week 1, after I had left the board, you posted "We found our Quarterback....WHERE IS DUKE?". Are you still under the delusion you don't harass people?

The board moderator had to even come in and correct you. You attempt to dictate what a fan is and you want to police the board.

You were here on Christmas Day and Thanksgiving agenda posting about Wentz.

I was unsure of Hurts long-term but I always said he was better than Wentz for sure. You disagreed.

I did not think Rivera would bench Wentz, because Rivera sacrificed so much to get him and he would stick by his mistake because he is a terrible GM. I knew Wentz was bad, but not that bad. Thank goodness I was wrong and we keep that 2nd rounder.

You claimed this would be "one of the best trades" and that the draft capital "wouldn't matter" if it worked out. Everyone told you otherwise. Stop playing the victim Dean, it isn't going to work.

Nobody has been SO wrong on SO many things than you!

thats bustin balls. yes i was excited about week 1. i admitted i was wrong about CW multiple times. why do you keep bringing it up?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats bustin balls. yes i was excited about week 1. i admitted i was wrong about CW multiple times. why do you keep bringing it up?
Because it is always a pattern with you Dean and you never learn your lesson. You keep trying to bust balls with me but as I have proven....you will lose that fight each time.

You were arguing last week with Skinsdad and I about being "excited" about EB having possible GM duties. It was proven to you that this would be a bad idea. However, you threw your hands up and said that you allegedly "heard" the report and nobody can question your excitement.

Like I said, when you get "excited" about something, you attempt to derail the board.

You literally die on these hills but do the same thing over and over again. You are wrong ALL the time but it never stops you from your "excitement" and agenda posting.

And you wonder why you are called a troll...seriously???????????