• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

a little peak behind the scenes regarding Aldridge

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P-Town offered LA 100 Mil over five years and the Spurs 80 Mil over 4 years...what's the diff, other than no State income Tax in Texas, cheaper housing and warmer weather close to family?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P-Town offered LA 100 Mil over five years and the Spurs 80 Mil over 4 years...what's the diff, other than no State income Tax in Texas, cheaper housing and warmer weather close to family?
The difference? Aldridge wants a title. He will get a great shot at that in SA and not in Portland where management continues to fail to build a legit contender.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he difference? Aldridge wants a title. He will get a great shot at that in SA and not in Portland where management continues to fail to build a legit contender

So LAs finger injury and Matthews injury had nothing to do w/ P-towns late season collapse and into the playoffs?

GTFO!

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So LAs finger injury and Matthews injury had nothing to do w/ P-towns late season collapse and into the playoffs?

GTFO!
Paul Allen has the deepest pockets in the NBA yet never wants to pay to have a competitive roster. Batum, and Matthews are good role players, but they aren't elite. This was the time for Portland to build around LA and Lillard with some big time players.

Sure the injuries hurt, but Portland is never aggressive in free agency. They always want to try and build from the draft.

Give me the 99-00 season where Portland actually went out and got some big names to come in and try and win a title. Since the 00 collapse to the Lakers Paul Allen has been hiding in a shell.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Portland goes into a 4 year rebuilding processs through the draft and young players, by the time they even have a relatively competitive group, Lillard's contract will be expiring and he too will also probably opt to leave because he will be tired of not being competitive for so many years.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lillard supposedly made a very impassioned and reasonable last minute pitch to Lamarcus to stay.
Portland was all but gone off his list last week, but Lillard's sales pitch made it come down to Por or SA.

Ultimately, Lamarcus has a small child who lives in San Antonio with the kid's mother which made the diffrence.
It seems like sour grapes to suddenly suggest Lillard and him had a bad relationship.

Nothing has ever suggested that to be the case.
Maybe they are not best friends, but it never seemed like there was some beef or falling out.

I think LA just wanted to be close to his child.
I think he probably stays in Portland had the kid lived full time in Oregon.

Any father can tell you how agonizing the idea of being away from a child is.....

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GTFO!
In my opinion - no although the injuries don't help either. Lets face it - Portland hasn't come close in 14 years. The Spurs have a winning reputation. It was smart move for a player that is running out of time

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Portland goes into a 4 year rebuilding processs through the draft and young players, by the time they even have a relatively competitive group, Lillard's contract will be expiring and he too will also probably opt to leave because he will be tired of not being competitive for so many years.

And yet you rag on Lebron for leaving when he way less help than even Lillard will have. If Lillard didnt like Portland or even the future situation he wouldnt have signed a long-term or waited for Aldridges' decision. I think he is more focused on being the #1 guy now and getting young talent around him. I guess he likes Portland, plus I have always figured him to be the guy that wasnt expected to be a star and has really blossomed in the NBA. But everyone comes to a point where they dont like a situation anymore and nothing else matters but winning. As long as Portland gets some good, talented pieces around him soon he should be fine.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lillard supposedly made a very impassioned and reasonable last minute pitch to Lamarcus to stay.
Portland was all but gone off his list last week, but Lillard's sales pitch made it come down to Por or SA.

Ultimately, Lamarcus has a small child who lives in San Antonio with the kid's mother which made the diffrence.
It seems like sour grapes to suddenly suggest Lillard and him had a bad relationship.

Nothing has ever suggested that to be the case.
Maybe they are not best friends, but it never seemed like there was some beef or falling out.

I think LA just wanted to be close to his child.
I think he probably stays in Portland had the kid lived full time in Oregon.

Any father can tell you how agonizing the idea of being away from a child is.....

I doubt that had much of an impact. It ultimately came down to winning and Spurs were the best fit for him and also gave him the opportunity to be the main guy unlike Portland.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely the opportunity to play with one of the most successful franchises in the NBA.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet you rag on Lebron for leaving when he way less help than even Lillard will have. If Lillard didnt like Portland or even the future situation he wouldnt have signed a long-term or waited for Aldridges' decision. I think he is more focused on being the #1 guy now and getting young talent around him. I guess he likes Portland, plus I have always figured him to be the guy that wasnt expected to be a star and has really blossomed in the NBA. But everyone comes to a point where they dont like a situation anymore and nothing else matters but winning. As long as Portland gets some good, talented pieces around him soon he should be fine.
in what scenario did LeBron have less talent then Lillard.....? Certainly not his current situation with Love, Kyrie, Thompson, and the likes, and certainly not when he was at Miami with Bosh and Wade, you must mean his first stint in Cleveland when he had Drew Gooden, Larry Hughes, Ilgauskas, Verajao.

Sure the latter isn't the greatest of rosters, but its more than Lillard has now. And Lillard also is deemed "The King" or the self proclaimed greatest player in the world. Portland is also not Lillard's hometown, so if he got up and left I wouldn't blame him.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on Aldridges hand injury? did he get it repaired in the offseason or was rest all that was required? I think he is going to be damaged goods...and was never a fan of his

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in what scenario did LeBron have less talent then Lillard.....? Certainly not his current situation with Love, Kyrie, Thompson, and the likes, and certainly not when he was at Miami with Bosh and Wade, you must mean his first stint in Cleveland when he had Drew Gooden, Larry Hughes, Ilgauskas, Verajao.

Sure the latter isn't the greatest of rosters, but its more than Lillard has now. And Lillard also is deemed "The King" or the self proclaimed greatest player in the world. Portland is also not Lillard's hometown, so if he got up and left I wouldn't blame him.

Yeah, of course. Before he went to the Heat. The best player he had in 7 years in Cleveland was Mo Williams. It was that bad. Doesnt matter of it's hometown or not lol, he was there for 7 years and the team failed to get him not even one legit all-star.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on Aldridges hand injury? did he get it repaired in the offseason or was rest all that was required? I think he is going to be damaged goods...and was never a fan of his

He has had some injury problems, especially this past year. He missed like 1 game but he was supposed to have thumb surgery and delayed it. So dont know when he will have the surgery unless it isnt bothering him anymore.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he will need surgery...believe he will get it done soon so he is ready come Fall.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why didn't he have it as soon as his season was over? Makes no sense to keep waiting