• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Little FA News

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree, but our options are dwindling, quickly.

Love re signed with CLE
Tyson signs with PHX
LMA more and more looks like he's going to San Antonio

We have DJ and Monroe left for bigger FA, I think we NEEED 1 of these guys. IMO, both are long shots.

There was a 90% chance those three were going to end up where you said. Jordan and Monroe were are more realistic targets and neither of them have talked to the Lakers yet.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a 90% chance those three were going to end up where you said. Jordan and Monroe were are more realistic targets and neither of them have talked to the Lakers yet.

Monroe apparently met with lakers sometime last night.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaMarcus Aldrige didn't like the Lakers basketball presentation in which some of that was given by Kobe. RETIRE ALREADY!!!!! This why I thought they should have built this team around Jahlil Okafor and got a decent guard in free agency ala Goran Dragic. The problem is the Buss' and Mitch Kupchak have their noses stuck so far up Kobe Bryant's ass they can't focus on what really needs to happen in this organization and it's sad!!!!!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand there's more going on in LA, but come on people, trying to win basketball games here, not sign guys to get acting contracts! :noidea:

As I said on the main boards, they just don't have the players yet. Aldridge is 30 years old. His window of opportunity is getting smaller. San Antonio affords him the better chance of winning a title sooner than the Lakers.

The youth movement has to be in full swing. Hopefully our youth shows that it can play this season. It will make things much more attractive. They have the "outside of basketball" part of the pitch down though!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they were on their way to DC as we speak...

They took a red-eye to DC last night and then were supposed to fly back today to meet with Jordan tonight. No word on the Monroe meeting yet.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can't find a big that is above average than the Lakers passing up Okafor is just bad.

I don't know about that. I think Russell has the higher ceiling and will ultimately be the better player. Time will tell.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Demarre Carroll would be a nice addition! He is banged up a lot, or so it seemed. Are you referring to Robin Lopez? Brook is a RFA and sounds like he'll resign with Brooklyn.

The one year fliers seems to be what everyone wants, with the cap going through the roof. Could be a good signing year for us.

Do we pitch hard for Durant??

Looks like Brook Lopez signed back with Brooklyn
Brooklyn Nets come to terms with Brook Lopez, Thaddeus Young

and Carroll goes to Toronto...
DeMarre Carroll agrees to four-year deal with Toronto Raptors

seems like a lot of targets are disappearing quickly but I could just be hyper aware of FA news at this time so it could be that it seems every where I look another FA news story pops up

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said drafting Russell was a mistake. Management over thought the draft and felt like this is Lakers of old and they can get any free agent they wanted. Dumb move! And now they are swinging and missing again. Time for Mitch and Jim buss to be gone!!! You never pass on a big like Okafor!!! Another loss season and no first round pick. It will be a long time before the Lakers are relevant again.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said drafting Russell was a mistake. Management over thought the draft and felt like this is Lakers of old and they can get any free agent they wanted. Dumb move! And now they are swinging and missing again. Time for Mitch and Jim buss to be gone!!! You never pass on a big like Okafor!!! Another loss season and no first round pick. It will be a long time before the Lakers are relevant again.

Oh god will you just shut the fuck up!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What happens when Russell ends up the better player? Okafor wasn't going to turn this team into instant contenders. I don't get why some people can't get excited over Russell.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if it's a lost season and they suck really bad again, they could end holding onto their first rounder (top-3 protected) :lol:

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaMarcus Aldrige didn't like the Lakers basketball presentation in which some of that was given by Kobe. RETIRE ALREADY!!!!! This why I thought they should have built this team around Jahlil Okafor and got a decent guard in free agency ala Goran Dragic. The problem is the Buss' and Mitch Kupchak have their noses stuck so far up Kobe Bryant's ass they can't focus on what really needs to happen in this organization and it's sad!!!!!

Dragic signed pretty quickly with Miami - Riley probably had a handshake deal with him

And Lakers probably had indications that they were not going to be able to pry Dragic from Miami and this might have affected their drafting decision

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK internet tough guy lol

You're beginning to sound like a broken record. Yes, you have an enormous boner for Okafor, we get it! We also know by now how terrible the organisation is for drafting Russell instead and Mitch, Jim, Jeanie and even the towel bow need to be shot at dawn for taking this terrible team down a dark road.

:L