• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A L East 2015 thread

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see that a fraud reached out to chase headley

my suggestions for headley:
1) accept nothing consumable from a fraud because they'll most likely be infused with poison or PED.
2) take whatever "advice" a fraud gives, and do the opposite.
3) never leave your locker unattended.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apologizing is stupid at this point.

The first time made sense but when you get caught for a 2nd time, your fake apology will go in one ear and come out another.

Just produce and shut up

leaked photo of a-rod during his apology
fingers-crossed-lying-700w.jpeg

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees are retiring numbers like they're going out of style.

Bernie, Jorge, & Andy numbers are being retired this season.

I agree with Kay. Instead of retiring all these guys numbers, why not just celebrate the 1996-2001 teams with something in monument park?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Yankee fan I want to see him to do bad and hope he retires after this year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purguy you should post on this thread from now on since the Yankees board is so dead.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Yankee fan I want to see him to do bad and hope he retires after this year.

are the odds of that really good?

he has no shame, so it's not like he's going to be worried about getting negative press if he performs poorly in 2016-2017 while making $20 mill/year.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees are retiring numbers like they're going out of style.

Bernie, Jorge, & Andy numbers are being retired this season.

I agree with Kay. Instead of retiring all these guys numbers, why not just celebrate the 1996-2001 teams with something in monument park?

Although, to be fair, those 3 were great Yankees... Bernie Williams is on every Yankee Best list, Posada is the best offensive catcher the Yankees have ever had, and Pettite has the most playoff wins in baseball history(all with the Yankees), given he also had the most playoff games started...

there is a difference between a team recognizing their best players, and them making the HOF... only Posada really has a chance, but likely wont... But why do they have to be the same??

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does anyone else want to see a sumo wrestling match between CC sabathia and Pablo Sandoval??

Winner gets a Professional Belly rubber

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was nothing jarring about seeing CC Sabathia in the Yankees clubhouse this morning. He didn’t look unusual, and the fact he’d put on weight — while obvious as soon as someone mentioned it — never occurred to me while I talked to him. He just looked … normal.

“I lost a bunch of weight drastically, pretty quick, two years ago,” he said. “Kind of was off balance and didn’t know really how my body was working. So just talking to Dr. Ahmad and to the trainers, I feel like this is a good weight.”

Sabathia said he wants to be between 295 and 305 pounds this season. He said it’s not at all the heaviest he’s ever been, but he’s intentionally put on a lot of the weight he lost the past two offseasons. As you might recall, there was some talk about Sabathia’s weight loss when he struggled through the 2013 season, and there was more talk about it when he reported to camp last spring.

In retrospect, it’s interesting to look back at this quote from an unnamed talent evaluator. It comes from August, 2013, when unusually skinny Sabathia had an unusually large 4.73 ERA. As told to the Boston Globe:

The weight loss has created a balance problem for him. He’s all over the place. He’s learning how to pitch in that body, a body he’s really never had. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with him other than that. Sometimes you pitch at a certain weight all your life and then someone has the brilliant idea that you should lose weight because it’s putting stress on your knees, you do it, and then you’re dealing with something else.

Indeed, Sabathia’s past weight issues might have played a role in the degenerative knee problem that caused him to miss most of last season, but slimming down wasn’t enough to avoid surgery, and Sabathia simply wasn’t as good at a diminished weight. Was that the cause of his lackluster 2013 and his slow start before the injury in 2014? Pretty much impossible to say, but it would make sense. Pitching is about repetition, and Sabathia changed the very core of his balance and mechanics.

“I think I was just trying to find a good weight to play at,” he said. “I think last year I came in a little too light. By the end of the year last year, I felt good in where I was at. In the offseason I put on 10 more pounds, and I’ll work that off over the course of the season.”

To me, Sabathia looked unusual last year. This year, he looked like his old self. If he can look that way on the mound as well, I doubt anyone will care too much about how he’s tipping the scales.

“We’re comfortable with where he’s at,” Joe Girardi said. “The big thing for us is to keep him out there; that’s what we have to do on a consistent basis, so he can build off of each start. I have no concerns about that.”

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2015/02/21/saturday-afternoon-notes-3/

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Rod..what a guy. he shows up early for spring training!!! what a guy..

Yankees win the East. Os fall back again. red sox close 2nd..if they don't win it them selfs.
rest of the East is weak....not like the Central..where it really means summin to win it...just saying

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yankees win the East. Os fall back again. red sox close 2nd..if they don't win it them selfs.
rest of the East is weak....not like the Central..where it really means summin to win it...just saying

Yeah, where it means "we're the best team in a crappy division!!!"

Both divisions suck.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Toronto is pretty good, and I don't think the O's are gonna fall quite as hard as some are saying.