• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Smack Talk 2014

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Howie and other Lions fans, what did you think of the Lions draft? I like Ebron but I didn't like the Lions taking him, other areas they needed help much more in my opinion. I did like the Vikes draft as a whole. If Barr turns into what he could this could be a real solid draft, I am one of those people who still liked Bridgewater even after his pro day.

I may be in the minority on this, but Im happy we got Ebron. Partly because Durham fucking sucks and he'll be the one losing time or a roster spot to our new ball dropper. And partly because I figured that's what they were going to do. Happy as all get out we drafted Van Noy. Ashley Palmer isn't good for much aside from his patented butt dance. Im indifferent to the rest of the draftees. Which is better than usual. (Nothing against Teddy, but Im glad you guys didn't get Broyles or Johnny Foozballl instead.)

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now as for the Chiefs draft, I would give it a B- because of the upside in it. Not a class that will pan out year 1, but it has the upside to be solid. The Dee Ford pick is strange, but it sounds like Philly wanted him too after they traded down so if the Chiefs felt they couldn't trade down because they would lose a passrusher towards the top of their board at that slot, it seemed somewhat justified.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be in the minority on this, but Im happy we got Ebron. Partly because Durham fucking sucks and he'll be the one losing time or a roster spot to our new ball dropper. And partly because I figured that's what they were going to do. Happy as all get out we drafted Van Noy. Ashley Palmer isn't good for much aside from his patented butt dance. Im indifferent to the rest of the draftees. Which is better than usual. (Nothing against Teddy, but Im glad you guys didn't get Broyles or Johnny Foozballl instead.)

I'm glad we didn't get that sack of shit Manziel as well.

Now Bortles, I would have loved to have gotten.

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Brewers need to be back in the AL!

The AL East or the AL Central? It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to have them in the AL West. Here's the problem with bringing Milwaukee back to the AL. They would have to try and find some way to integrate them into the AL Central because that's where it makes the most sense to put them. If you did that, who would you move to the AL West?

That's the whole reason for moving Houston to the AL West. Houston was the most geographically isolated team in the NL Central and considering the AL West already has a team from Texas (Rangers) in that division, that makes the most sense.

Truth. It was retarded that they moved the Astros to the AL. The Brew Crew should have never been moved to the NL in the first place.

I don't see the logic in your argument. In fact, I wouldn't even call it an argument. It's an incoherent claim. Due to the Brewers moving to the NL Central, they play games against more geographically centralized teams (Chicago Cubs, St. Louis Cardinals, Cincinnati Reds, Pittsburg Pirates). If they were still in the AL East, they would be playing the Yankees, Red Sox, Rays, Orioles, and Blue Jays. It makes more sense for them to be in the NL Central than, say, the Houston Astros who would fit better in the AL West since there are so few baseball teams on the western side of the United States. Moving the Astros to the AL makes a HELL of a lot more sense than moving the Brewers back to the AL. Personally, I don't care where the Brewers play, but considering the rivalry that's built up between the Brewers and Cubs (it's been a pretty one-sided rivalry of late), I think it makes a lot more sense for them to be in the NL Central than anywhere else. The only other division I'd argue they should be in is the AL Central since they are pretty close in proximity to the Twins, Tigers, and White Sox.

I actually have to find it funny that instead of replying to what I actually said, you reflected it and instead made claims about the Brewers. I really don't get that since the only thing I commented on is that I don't think the AL East is weaker than the AL Central. I'm not saying it's stronger either, I think the two divisions are pretty evenly matched. I just don't see what this has to do with the Brewers unless you wanted to get a reaction out of me (which you sort of did since I gave you a response to your comments about the Brewers never should've left the AL). I'm not sure if that was supposed to get me mad, but this pretty much sums up my general reaction to that...:noidea:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Howie and other Lions fans, what did you think of the Lions draft? I like Ebron but I didn't like the Lions taking him, other areas they needed help much more in my opinion. I did like the Vikes draft as a whole. If Barr turns into what he could this could be a real solid draft, I am one of those people who still liked Bridgewater even after his pro day.

I wanted defense. Ebron is growing on me. Needed real pass catching threats besides CJ than scrubs they had. Durham is my Ryan Rugburn. He needs to hit the street. Him and Tate are nice additions.

Van Noy was solid pick. Seems he was fan fav on here. Nice to see Palmer replaced with a 3 down guy.

I wanted a C just not Swanson. He is smart protection caller, but average blocker.( run and pass)

I always want at least 2-3 starters and 2-3 guys to impact ST and become rotation guys or starters. They got that with top 3 and might have hit with Webster DE and Reid DT (wait til 2016 to see)
Late WR pick slot guy from ND if he sticks great, if he helps Durham to street AWESOME!

No fan of CB pick. Have 3 project guys going now. Do like the late Kicker added. He was solid at college, never replace Jason Hanson, but does replace Akers!

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Barr pans out he will be solid pick. His athleticism should carry him through developing.

Bridgewater will take his lumps, see if it he hits stride year 3. Norv should help him immensely.

You guys might have found a gem and steal in 5th with G David Yankey.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AL East or the AL Central? It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to have
them in the AL West. Here's the problem with bringing Milwaukee back to the AL.
They would have to try and find some way to integrate them into the AL Central
because that's where it makes the most sense to put them. If you did that, who
would you move to the AL West?

That's the whole reason for moving Houston to the AL West. Houston was the
most geographically isolated team in the NL Central and considering the AL West
already has a team from Texas (Rangers) in that division, that makes the most
sense.

Move the Royals to the AL west and put the Brewers in the central. Fixed!

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barr pans out he will be solid pick. His athleticism should carry him through developing.

Bridgewater will take his lumps, see if it he hits stride year 3. Norv should help him immensely.

You guys might have found a gem and steal in 5th with G David Yankey.

Agreed, I also think Exum was a great pick in the 6th.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for a post on the old thread....nava said id defend hosmer if he was a tiger...

When did i say anything bad about hosmer? All i said was hosmer had ZERO HR's....

Guess you dont know me very well on here...i caught alot of crap for being a negative tiger fan during the offseason....i complained all yr about not getting any BP help...i was told our BP was good and even top 5.. I was mad about the prince trade but understood it.....i hated the fister trade and might be wrong.....wanted coke cut before the season started to save 1.5 million....didnt want joba da hutt....wasnt excited about the rajai davis signing....dont care for avila....did i mention i hated the BP? Hated smyly going into the starting 5....didnt want to see jhonny P leave....but yeah....i guess im rahrah everything tiger......maybe you should stick to your AL East thread and stop trying to just stir shut up in here all the time....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome erie warrior.....my post about injun fans were only towards some ex posters who used to come in here....i dont mind shanomac but that creepy capteditobvious was an idiot....and the guy who claimed once the injuns got jiminez they were winning the WS.....ALL HAIL UBALDO!!!!

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im with you....would of loved watkins.....but since we couldnt get him or evans i think ebron was a good pick....he will create matchups in our favor....getting a great recieving TE is like getting a good WR...now lets just hope he ends up being good...

Also loved the van noy pick....just thought he wouldnt be there for us in the 2nd....

Only other guys i wouldve rather had might of been clinton dix and dennard.....i didnt want donald....we can address DT next year....every year theres the "next great DT" in a draft.

Seen trey waynes is in the early 2015 first round draft.....and trustmeimright said sparty couldnt replace dennard....waynes is gonna be a stud next yr

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome erie warrior.....my post about injun fans were only towards some ex posters who used to come in here....i dont mind shanomac but that creepy capteditobvious was an idiot....and the guy who claimed once the injuns got jiminez they were winning the WS.....ALL HAIL UBALDO!!!!

A couple of now banned Tigers posters were pretty rough too. Remember Iffy? Not trying to jab ribs or anything just pointing out how some old bile got kicked out.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im with you....would of loved watkins.....but since we couldnt get him or evans i think ebron was a good pick....he will create matchups in our favor....getting a great recieving TE is like getting a good WR...now lets just hope he ends up being good...

Also loved the van noy pick....just thought he wouldnt be there for us in the 2nd....

Only other guys i wouldve rather had might of been clinton dix and dennard.....i didnt want donald....we can address DT next year....every year theres the "next great DT" in a draft.

Seen trey waynes is in the early 2015 first round draft.....and trustmeimright said sparty couldnt replace dennard....waynes is gonna be a stud next yr
I was just afraid we'd see our future picks thrown away to get Watkins. Once that didn't happen, I wasn't going to be pissed. Well, if Lee had held out one more pick, and we passed on VanNoy, I might have lost my mind.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad we didn't get that sack of shit Manziel as well.

Now Bortles, I would have loved to have gotten.

Bortles is gonna be good, damn good. Sounds like the Jags are going to be smart and not throw him to the wolves. I used to hate Johnny Foozball, but I don't anymore. Id like to see him do well in Stinktown before he gets broken in half.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of now banned Tigers posters were pretty rough too. Remember Iffy? Not trying to jab ribs or anything just pointing out how some old bile got kicked out.

Yeah but iffy wasnt a tiger fan. He was a diamondback fan who acted like a tiger fan to troll our boards and stalk people. It started on cbs where he followed the muzzer around....he came here and hammer didnt play that shit...first he banned him from the lions board, then the tigers, then for good.....hammer said he has begged him to come back but people on the tigers board were like please no....now ge trolls the cbs games i guess...

Thats why he came in here...he tried to give tiger fans a bad name by acting an ass...hell his only friend was capteditobvious...

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AL East or the AL Central? It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to have them in the AL West. Here's the problem with bringing Milwaukee back to the AL. They would have to try and find some way to integrate them into the AL Central because that's where it makes the most sense to put them. If you did that, who would you move to the AL West?

That's the whole reason for moving Houston to the AL West. Houston was the most geographically isolated team in the NL Central and considering the AL West already has a team from Texas (Rangers) in that division, that makes the most sense.

I don't see the logic in your argument. In fact, I wouldn't even call it an argument. It's an incoherent claim. Due to the Brewers moving to the NL Central, they play games against more geographically centralized teams (Chicago Cubs, St. Louis Cardinals, Cincinnati Reds, Pittsburg Pirates). If they were still in the AL East, they would be playing the Yankees, Red Sox, Rays, Orioles, and Blue Jays. It makes more sense for them to be in the NL Central than, say, the Houston Astros who would fit better in the AL West since there are so few baseball teams on the western side of the United States. Moving the Astros to the AL makes a HELL of a lot more sense than moving the Brewers back to the AL. Personally, I don't care where the Brewers play, but considering the rivalry that's built up between the Brewers and Cubs (it's been a pretty one-sided rivalry of late), I think it makes a lot more sense for them to be in the NL Central than anywhere else. The only other division I'd argue they should be in is the AL Central since they are pretty close in proximity to the Twins, Tigers, and White Sox.

I actually have to find it funny that instead of replying to what I actually said, you reflected it and instead made claims about the Brewers. I really don't get that since the only thing I commented on is that I don't think the AL East is weaker than the AL Central. I'm not saying it's stronger either, I think the two divisions are pretty evenly matched. I just don't see what this has to do with the Brewers unless you wanted to get a reaction out of me (which you sort of did since I gave you a response to your comments about the Brewers never should've left the AL). I'm not sure if that was supposed to get me mad, but this pretty much sums up my general reaction to that...:noidea:

Nope, wasn't trying to get a reaction out of you. I was just stating my opinion. Selig set his team up nicely by moving them to the NL. I just don't agree with it.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks. Ugh, Ubaldo. I can't figure out how, one game he would pitch like he was in contention for the Cy Young and the next like he shouldn't be on an AA team.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit batman... anyone seen how big Eric Hinske is getting. Chunks is letting himself go. I knew I recongnized him. Just couldn't place him. 1st base coach for Cubbies.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Ugh, Ubaldo. I can't figure out how, one game he would pitch like he was in contention for the Cy Young and the next like he shouldn't be on an AA team.

O's fans are discovering this.

We're hoping he's on the cusp of a hot..err.. atleast warm streak... after the April numbers he put up.

In my book, he's still our #4 starter. If we get some good stuff out of him, it's a plus. That contract we gave him though.. :L