• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Smack Talk 2014

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all of a sudden? The guy got the best hitter of the last decade and arguable the top pitcher and couldn't put the pieces around those two in their primes with basically a Yankees type budget. He will need to pull a few rabbits out of the hat, THIS SEASON, to win it. Theo and Cashman have won rings with that type of budget. And that's even with Loria spoon feeding him players to help him try and win, Miggy, Infante, Sanchez....

Watch what pieces Loria puts around Jose F and Stanton with his budget, with 2 rings already, you will see who the true genius was and is in FLA. Loria looks like he is wanting to win it this year already.

I will say I like the Simon trade ONLY if he goes to the bullpen and they sign a front line SP.

Huh? DD has been a solid GM since he got here. You talk about the best hitter in the game, that was the same hitter he acquired for next to nothing if you recall. No one said hes the best GM in the game, just glad hes no longer signing players like morales.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you put simon in pen even if they resign scherzer (which they wont). Porcello and simon had identical numbers together. He will be a great fourth or fifth starter.

If they re-sign Scherzer. They would have Scherzer, Price, Verlander, Sanchez and Shane Greene as the starters. Alfredo Simon has been a starter for exactly one year. His prior two good years were out of the bullpen. It would be the move that'd make the most sense.

As far as identical numbers to Porcello -- I take that with a grain of salt. It was his 1st year as a starting pitcher and he struggled down the stretch, as he had never pitched that many innings in a season. Couple that with the fact he is switching from the NL to the AL -- I think if Simon is a starter for us -- I'd be shocked if his ERA were under 4.00 on the season.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rick had his best year last year. Could mean two things. Hes hitting his prime...or he had an outlier season. I think it was an outlier season. I hate seeing starting pitching go but at least the tigers got something (a great something) in return for porcello unlike the fister deal...and fister is a much better pitcher. Tiges landed a fige tool player and if porcello is still improving whats to say cespedes isnt. I believe cespedes will put up some very nice numbers next year.

At 25? I think we saw the beginning of Ricks prime. Id honestly rather have him than Verlander. Two guys that have never been on the DL. Two guys who's careers are going opposite ways. Id rather have Porcello than Fister too.

And Cespedes certainly isn't great.

Price, Sanchez, JV, Greene, Lobstein/Simon is not a rotation that can/will win this division.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 25? I think we saw the beginning of Ricks prime. Id honestly rather have him than Verlander. Two guys that have never been on the DL. Two guys who's careers are going opposite ways. Id rather have Porcello than Fister too.

Price, Sanchez, JV, Greene, Lobstein/Simon is not a rotation that can/will win this division.

Ehh, I think this year it can still win the division. But realistically the Tigers would be best off just blowin it up and getting really young.

We all know the new wave of the Twins is comiiiiiiiiiiiiin

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? DD has been a solid GM since he got here. You talk about the best hitter in the game, that was the same hitter he acquired for next to nothing if you recall. No one said hes the best GM in the game, just glad hes no longer signing players like morales.

I am not arguing at all, Miggy was DD's best move of his 14 yr career hands down, because he hasn't come close to that the rest of his career (until Loria tried to help him again with Sanchez) But if you actually pull up ALL the trades DD has made in his tenure, maybe 10 percent were worth anything if that.

So Raja Davis was not signed by DD just last year?

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

problem is Verlander's contract is as bad as Fielder's was, DET would have to pay someone to take Verlander right now.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats wrong with simon?

Simon was a solid SP for 1 half of 1 season, he is a very good bullpen guy, he would be tough to hang onto a 5th rotation spot on about any team.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
problem is Verlander's contract is as bad as Fielder's was, DET would have to pay someone to take Verlander right now.

There's no way they can get away from it. Horrible deal.

Just learned Simon is facing a 15mil civil suit for r*pe. And was once arrested for Man Slaughter. What the fuck DD?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not arguing at all, Miggy was DD's best move of his 14 yr career hands down, because he hasn't come close to that the rest of his career (until Loria tried to help him again with Sanchez) But if you actually pull up ALL the trades DD has made in his tenure, maybe 10 percent were worth anything if that.

What's wrong with Rajai Davis?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way they can get away from it. Horrible deal.

Just learned Simon is facing a 15mil civil suit for r*pe. And was once arrested for Man Slaughter. What the fuck DD?

Hahaha I totally remember that involuntary new years manslaughter case now. Didn't know it was this guy!!

Nice, I could have a lot of fun with Dougy regarding this one.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with Rajai Davis?

nothing, Rajai Davis was a great signing for Detroit, no different that signing K Morales, not sure why Laker would say DD doesn't sign guys like that anymore, he just did last year. Laker must be confussed on who DD actually signs and gets in trades.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one said the guy has been perfect. I was the biggest opponent of the fister trade. I hated contracts he gave to bonderman, robertson, willis, fielder, guiilen etc. His good moves have outnumbered his bad by quite a large margin which is why the tigers have been relevant for eight years now.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing, Rajai Davis was a great signing for Detroit, no different that signing K Morales, not sure why Laker would say DD doesn't sign guys like that anymore, he just did last year. Laker must be confussed on who DD actually signs and gets in trades.

Morales and davis compare how? They are nothing like each other.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha I totally remember that involuntary new years manslaughter case now. Didn't know it was this guy!!

Nice, I could have a lot of fun with Dougy regarding this one.

Wow that was simon, haha. I remember that as well now. Nice.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

soooooo after Verlander wins 21 games this year....2015...and is the post season stud we all know him to be..
how will you spin this ???????? get your story ready.
Verlander bounces back to the ACE of all of MLB again.

you forget he came back from core surgery last year. most would have not even pitched in the first half!!! that's HEART!! why do I have to school you guys all the time????

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions 31 Vikings 10.

Stafford throws for 325 plus yards. at least 3 TDs.
Lions show class by not running up the score tomorrow...

iam pulling for johnny football in Cleveland. Browns should have made that move 3 weeks ago.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morales is a guy you sign when you are going all in and have other needs taken care of. This was not such a signing. And certainly not for this dollar number...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morales is a guy you sign when you are going all in and have other needs taken care of. This was not such a signing. And certainly not for this dollar number...

Thr comparison to the Davis signing is a good one, IMO. In 2013, no team stole LESS bases than Detroit. Someone had to be brought in with speed. And we saw Davis do exactly that.
Last year, KC hit fewer HRs than any team. Cut bait on BB, assuming because of his lack of power, especially for his position. Morales has that home run potential.

He was down last year and I can't assume he'll be what he was before that leg injury after a homer. But I do assume somewhere around 20 homers if he stays relatively healthy. Doubling your power production from a middle of the lineup spot, doesn't happen often for teams. I think it will happen this year for KC.

Two year deal, for less than Butler was getting, with an option for a third, seems like a good move to me.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
soooooo after Verlander wins 21 games this year....2015...and is the post season stud we all know him to be..
how will you spin this ???????? get your story ready.
Verlander bounces back to the ACE of all of MLB again.

you forget he came back from core surgery last year. most would have not even pitched in the first half!!! that's HEART!! why do I have to school you guys all the time????

This might be a new record for you of most times making me LOL in single post!!!

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thr comparison to the Davis signing is a good one, IMO. In 2013, no team stole LESS bases than Detroit. Someone had to be brought in with speed. And we saw Davis do exactly that.
Last year, KC hit fewer HRs than any team. Cut bait on BB, assuming because of his lack of power, especially for his position. Morales has that home run potential.

He was down last year and I can't assume he'll be what he was before that leg injury after a homer. But I do assume somewhere around 20 homers if he stays relatively healthy. Doubling your power production from a middle of the lineup spot, doesn't happen often for teams. I think it will happen this year for KC.

Two year deal, for less than Butler was getting, with an option for a third, seems like a good move to me.

Now that's a great answer and spot on.