• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Smack 2015

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just a week or so ago that David Price was hailed as the true picture of a #1 starter. More so than anyone the Tigers had ever had. This was meant as a swipe at Scherzer and Justin Verlander. I said to my friend then that the local writers were truly idiots. That they grasp at tiny bits of info, or segments of game info and want to come off as geniuses. I myself remember all to well when the Tigers would rip on Price when he was a Ray, and his complete meltdown against the Yanks last year. 15 - 12 last year seemed all to similar to the bad year Verlander to me, and I cannot ever remember Verlander giving up 17 runs to the Yanks over 2 2/3 innings!!! The guy is not worth more than Scherzer, or the money the Tigers are currently paying Justin. I still believe Verlander will return to the reliable ace he had been for so many years.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like Esky, Inglesis will have growing pains, ouch tonight.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David price got destroyed today. That doesnt make him any less of a number one starter. Shane greene and alfredo simon have pitched like humber one starters, they are still bottom of the rotation guys. It can be said about many pitchers and batters. Now if price starts getting lit up consistently then we will talk .

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i cant remember who, smitty and another guy last year I believe....I was wrong about my statement that samardzija would be a top five starter in al pitching for oakland.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still believe price is a better pitcher than scherzer, he pitches deep into games much more consistently than max ever has. I dont think he was a better pitcher than JV when JV was elite but he clearly is now and still has the potential to be better. I still think price takes al cy young award this year in his contract year....although sale and hernandez are amazing.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy county strong Butler 4th in league with hits... with the As!
weak hitting Royals will miss his bat...

Tigers should be mopping up this YANKEE TEAM..... who could you call a all star on this team???
CC ?that's about it..

Tigers should be mopping up this YANKEE TEAM..... who could you call a all star on this team???
CC ?that's about it..

I dont think i would call cc an all star....but tanaka when healthy, andrew miller, betances, ellsbury, gardner, mccann.

Billy butler is a hitter, I dont get the hate for him

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CC ?that's about it..

Holy fucking Christ. Do you even follow baseball?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think i would call cc an all star....but tanaka when healthy, andrew miller, betances, ellsbury, gardner, mccann.

Billy butler is a hitter, I dont get the hate for him

Ellsbury and Gardner, wouldn't argue at all. McCann's last 3-4 seasons have been pretty underwhelming.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ellsbury and Gardner, wouldn't argue at all. McCann's last 3-4 seasons have been pretty underwhelming.

I was just spitballing, couldnt think of any other yanks.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pineda, thats who I was thinking about, didnt know mccann went downhill so much.

20-25 hrs the past few years, not bad for a backstop. Not sure how well he handles games tho. Batting average sucks. I prefer catchers for defense and handling pitchers myself. Offense is an added bonus.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just spitballing, couldnt think of any other yanks.

Fair enough.

Would love to see Ellsbury have another 2011-esque season, though it's very unlikely (especially the power output). One of the best seasons I've seen a Red Sox player put up in my lifetime.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

Would love to see Ellsbury have another 2011-esque season, though it's very unlikely (especially the power output). One of the best seasons I've seen a Red Sox player put up in my lifetime.

Finally got his 1st RBI this year tonight

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nathan having season ending surgery does help the back end of the bullpen but there still some holes in the 7th & 8th innings.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nathan having season ending surgery does help the back end of the bullpen but there still some holes in the 7th & 8th innings.

Best of luck to Joe with a recovery at his age but the Tigers are much better off now that they need to look elsewhere for a long term solution. I'm tired of their bullpen BS. All these years and they still haven't seen a drastic improvement to their biggest issue.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And another thing. I am so tired of hearing about Francisco Lindor.... 3 plus years of this BS and the heir apparent to take over for Asdrubel, this guy is a bust period and the front office doesn't want to admit it. please tell me how a kid who has a career .276 average and a staggering 20 homers in 4 plus years is the prodigy that will make things all better for the Cleveland fans and bring the club over the hump. HE IS BATTING .191 in triple A, how on earth can he be called up? Asdrubel is gone and Lindor is still nowhere to be seen. Trade him now or regret it in three years when he finally does make the team. Addison Russell was sitting at a career .301 avg and 38 homers in one less year of service compared to Lindor. What can we learn from this? the Tribe's scouts are horrible, and or the hitting coaches are terrible, but more than likely the front office folks are full of Shit and have to idea on how to get them to win in the post season.

Yes, it's the Indians' front office that ranks him so highly. Pay no attention to Baseball America, Baseball Prospectus, or MLB.com who ranked him as the #9, #4 and #4 prospect in baseball.

Lindor is batting .191 in 47 whole at bats? God forbid! Cut his ass! And while we're at it, let's dump David Ortiz, Mark Teixeira, Edwin Encarnacion, Andrew McCutchen, Billy Hamilton, Mookie Betts, Jimmy Rollins, Christian Yelich, Albert Pujols, Manny Machado, Carlos Beltran, Ryan Howard, Elvis Andrus, Carlos Gonzalez, Jose Bautista, Chase Utley and Evan Gattis, who all have similarly abysmal AVEs and similarly tiny ABs.

He's also known for his defense, not his offense. If he can provide average offensive production, he'll be a great asset to whatever team he plays for.

Anyone that thinks he's going to single-handedly save the Indians, particularly with his bat is cocktarded. He may never amount to shit in MLB just like most prospects, but the kid's 21 years old (a full three years younger than the average MLB rookie), so anyone ready to write him off as a bust is equally cocktarded.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tribe digging a hole that might be too hard to get out of later in the season. Such a poor start.

I don't follow the minors but Lindor's average is scary for a "top prospect"

Agreed, it's looking as bad as the Indians' season is. It's early, though, and Lindor isn't known for his bat and is still just 21.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ausmus has his ace pitching. on a biter cold night. in the 3rd. over 80 pitches. down 4 runs.
whats wrong with this idiot???? Get price out of there.
Ausmus is not ready to be a manager. don't think he has the smarts for it.

As an Indians fan, I agree with you 100%. Lean on that robust Tigers' bullpen as early, often and hard as you can!