• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Smack 2015

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope your young and never saw Ozzie or Omar, but we were just as excited after seeing Alcedes Escobar over Nefie Perez and Angel Berroa. You had a great step up in just one season.
Iglesias is a beast with the glove. A joy to watch... if he weren't wearing the olde English D.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paulo Orlando officially passed Billy Butler on the career triples list.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope your young and never saw Ozzie or Omar, but we were just as excited after seeing Alcedes Escobar over Nefie Perez and Angel Berroa. You had a great step up in just one season.

Come on -- we had Jhonny Peralta at SS before we traded for iglesias. He was like Jeter at the end of his career. Caught everything hit directly at him, but had no range at all.

And I have watched Ozzie and Omar play -- I'm not saying Iglesias is one of the best ever, I'm saying his range and ability to make plays that were otherwise hits in years past is a huge difference for detroit.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40 innings by Royals bullpen, 3 runs given up by the 2 mop up guys.

Everyone knew the Royals bullpen was going to be their strength. About the only team who could put out two guys in the 8th and 9th to match the Royals is probably NY with Betances and Miller.

If the game gets to the 8th with the Royals winning -- it is pretty much over. Davis and Holland are automatic on the back end. And then you throw in Herrera, who can come in throwing 100 mph and it is almost unfair.

What has surprised me about Detroit is -- 2.37 ERA in 88 IP from our starting pitchers, with no Scherzer, no Fister, no Verlander, no Porcello. If you take away the one bad start of the season -- 3 IP 9 ER by Sanchez -- Detroit's starters in 12 games have pitched 85 innings and gave up 14 runs with 4 shutouts.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on -- we had Jhonny Peralta at SS before we traded for iglesias. He was like Jeter at the end of his career. Caught everything hit directly at him, but had no range at all.

And I have watched Ozzie and Omar play -- I'm not saying Iglesias is one of the best ever, I'm saying his range and ability to make plays that were otherwise hits in years past is a huge difference for detroit.

I meant to say Iglesis is phenominal with the glove, and he looks even better because of how weak the defense was at the position before him. He is a great addition to the Tigers and one part of me saying the Tigers lineup is the best they have had in decades. The Royals happened to have the same thing happen at SS, Escobar might be the best SS in Royals history if he keeps it up.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knew the Royals bullpen was going to be their strength. About the only team who could put out two guys in the 8th and 9th to match the Royals is probably NY with Betances and Miller.

If the game gets to the 8th with the Royals winning -- it is pretty much over. Davis and Holland are automatic on the back end. And then you throw in Herrera, who can come in throwing 100 mph and it is almost unfair.

What has surprised me about Detroit is -- 2.37 ERA in 88 IP from our starting pitchers, with no Scherzer, no Fister, no Verlander, no Porcello. If you take away the one bad start of the season -- 3 IP 9 ER by Sanchez -- Detroit's starters in 12 games have pitched 85 innings and gave up 14 runs with 4 shutouts.

Detroits start has been incredible, it sucks that they are in the same division because the Royals start is the 2nd best in the league as well as the division.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant to say Iglesis is phenominal with the glove, and he looks even better because of how weak the defense was at the position before him. He is a great addition to the Tigers and one part of me saying the Tigers lineup is the best they have had in decades. The Royals happened to have the same thing happen at SS, Escobar might be the best SS in Royals history if he keeps it up.

Yeah -- after getting to see the Royals defensively the last couple years, it was nice to see the Tigers strengthen up the middle of their defense. With Iglesias at SS, Kinsler at 2B and Gose or Rajah Davis in Center, they are light years better defensively. With the addition of Cespedes in left -- it makes this team better defensively than any Detroit team I've watched in a long time. Still not in the same ballpark as the Royals, but I'm quite happy with the changes.

I keep hearing from the Boston faithful that Iglesias won't hit, but he has been very solid since coming to Detroit. I'd think guys like Iglesias and Escobar would be solid hitters with the type of hand eye coordination they have to have to play SS like they do. I'm not talking about Tulowitzki type numbers, but any type of hitting is great with the defesne they play

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaping up to be a great race for the division.

I really hope it is. I'm still using a wait and see approach with Detroit, as I want to see how the bullpen does. That is my biggest concern. If Nathan comes back and they put him at closer, I'm going to throw up in my mouth.

KC fans deserve a contending team. After seeing them give Miggy a standing ovation after he won the triple crown, even though he plays on a division rival -- I have nothing but respect for that fan base. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have received the same if it was in Chicago or Cleveland. I do think Minnesota would have done the same though. (and this is nothing against fans of the teams -- I've been to games in Chicago, Cleveland and Minnesota, it was just my opinion from my experiences at each park)

Never been to a game in Kansas City that I can remember -- I have actually been to watch a game, but I was like 6 or 7 years old. My uncle was neighbor's with John Wathan (I think that was the coaches name) -- He gave my whole family tickets to watch a game -- I believe that was in the 80's though. They lived in a pimped out sub-division though -- George Brett lived in the same sub-division as them. My uncle was the vice president of a tire company -- I think it was Kelly Tires.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals win

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Tigers are patient and take pitches, take their walks, they score plenty of runs. When they are impatient, like the last two nights, they hit into boatloads of double plays. Both nights, I'm looking at the pitch count for the oppposing starter after 6 innings, and it's below 70. Lucky, really to win one of two so far.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking they should just transfer Nathan from the 15 to the 60 day DL and call it good

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope it is. I'm still using a wait and see approach with Detroit, as I want to see how the bullpen does. That is my biggest concern

And last night's game is why I'm using the wait and see approach. :)

The best news I've heard in a LONG time is Joe Nathan grabbing his elbow after the first pitch in his simulated game. Him not coming back is a blessing. Sucks to have to pay him to stay away, but it is better than the alternative of having to pay him to pitch BP.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still winter in detroit i see

Yeah, 39*..snowed some on the way in to work.. not exactly baseball weather or doing anything outside weather ftm. I was going to go to one of these games, too, but I'm not that hardcore.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians batting average for today's starting lineup is .181. You and I would be fired from our jobs for this kind of performance.