• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Smack 2015

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you only watch half of the time? You do know Kazmir hit Cain in the 1st inning don't you? You seem to see only the Royals steps?
After Reddick's comments last night, everyone and their momma knew Kazmir was going to hit someone. A's wouldn't let it go, and Herrera went full goon on us, and will likely get suspended.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, just reading a story on the Royals/A's, now I see why only seeing half of it... this was the first line, like it was Lawrie next at bat, lol. Actually watch the games, then you might understand whats going on.

A day after things got chippy between the Royals and Athletics, it picked right back up where it left off. Royals pitcher Kelvin Herrera threw at Brett Lawrie in the eighth and was immediately ejected from the game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you only watch half of the time? You do know Kazmir hit Cain in the 1st inning don't you? You seem to see only the Royals steps?

I have yet to see the Kazmir pitch but from what I heard on MLB network it did not seem intentional at all. It sounds like (based on the MLB network guys) that Cain was hit in the leg area. If this is true (as I said I have yet to see the pitch) but usually when you're intentionally aiming at a guy, your goal is to hit him between the numbers and not in the lower body. They also said that Kazmir tend to yank pitches early on in the starts. Unless Kazmir is a retard I highly doubt it was done on purpose. After seeing the Royals pitcher get ejected yesterday no way in hell is he that dumb to risk being ejected in the first inning of the game. I just don't see it.

This is the issue when you start this bean ball garbage. Every time a batter is hit for the rest of that series everyone is going to think it is intentional. I still remember a few years ago the Yanks and Sox got involved in this garbage, and some Sox hitter got hit on a freaking curve and they assumed it was done intentionally and threw out the Yankees pitcher.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, just reading a story on the Royals/A's, now I see why only seeing half of it... this was the first line, like it was Lawrie next at bat, lol. Actually watch the games, then you might understand whats going on.

A day after things got chippy between the Royals and Athletics, it picked right back up where it left off. Royals pitcher Kelvin Herrera threw at Brett Lawrie in the eighth and was immediately ejected from the game.

I knew they threw at him in the 8th. I did watch the game dick.

Royals threw at Lawrie for the 2nd time in 2 games acting like he told Kazmir to throw at Cain. If you wanted to throw at someone it probably should have been Reddick.

Throwing at player twice in 2 gams is bush league. Simple as that. You got your point across last night. If you wanted to get back at Oakland for the Kazmir hit then find someone else on Oakland to throw at.....You only had 8 freaking more options but you singled out Lawry

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have yet to see the Kazmir pitch but from what I heard on MLB network it did not seem intentional at all. It sounds like (based on the MLB network guys) that Cain was hit in the leg area. If this is true (as I said I have yet to see the pitch) but usually when you're intentionally aiming at a guy, your goal is to hit him between the numbers and not in the lower body. They also said that Kazmir tend to yank pitches early on in the starts. Unless Kazmir is a retard I highly doubt it was done on purpose. After seeing the Royals pitcher get ejected yesterday no way in hell is he that dumb to risk being ejected in the first inning of the game. I just don't see it.

This is the issue when you start this bean ball garbage. Every time a batter is hit for the rest of that series everyone is going to think it is intentional. I still remember a few years ago the Yanks and Sox got involved in this garbage, and some Sox hitter got hit on a freaking curve and they assumed it was done intentionally and threw out the Yankees pitcher.

If you read in between the lines on Reddick's comments after last night, there's no way I think that wasn't unintentional. Someone was getting hit. Cain, a guy who has struggled to stay healthy at times, particularly with his legs, likely set everyone off.

Not sure why they hit Lawrie though, Reddick is the guy I'd go after if anyone.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you read in between the lines on Reddick's comments after last night, there's no way I think that wasn't unintentional. Someone was getting hit. Cain, a guy who has struggled to stay healthy at times, particularly with his legs, likely set everyone off.

You don't hit someone in the leg if you're intentionally trying to hit them. You hit them with your best fastball between the numbers. Sorry I'm buying it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt this is over. I'm pretty sure a Royals player will get hit when they play Oakland again. You don't after the same player twice and expect this to be over.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do agree, it was weird to throw at Lawrie, they had 8 other choices, but they did have to throw at someone. This is getting out of hand, what now 15 HBP in 12 games. Its not just Oakland you have to send a message to.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt this is over. I'm pretty sure a Royals player will get hit when they play Oakland again. You don't after the same player twice and expect this to be over.

completely agree, it will go on the rest of the season between the two teams, I just want to know who the odds on favorite is that gets to grab Billy Butler. I am going with Hosmer.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White Sox to promote Rodon. Must have been working on his defense.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawrie mouthing off to fans telling them to be quiet sure worked out. Herrera's stunt is 100% bush. Kazmir's HBP was definitely intentional, imo. What a fiasco this series has been. (looks like a 2-1 series win anyway, but whatever)
Kazmir didn't intentionally hit him, it was fairly obvious. He was throwing the pitch and very clearly pulled it, causing it to hit Cain.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kazmir didn't intentionally hit him, it was fairly obvious. He was throwing the pitch and very clearly pulled it, causing it to hit Cain.
Well, that won't be disputed that he pulled it. The Reddick comments from last night had me looking for that kind of stuff though. I certainly think it is fishy given it was his 7th or so hit batter out of 1,499 guys. Or roughly 1 HBP per 10 starts. What is 100% fact is the Royals took exception to it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that won't be disputed that he pulled it. The Reddick comments from last night had me looking for that kind of stuff though. I certainly think it is fishy given it was his 7th or so hit batter out of 1,499 guys. Or roughly 1 HBP per 10 starts. What is 100% fact is the Royals took exception to it.
Which makes sense. After all that has transpired. Being hit something like 15? times in 12 games, Cain and Moustakas especially have taken a beating, combined with the hard slide by Lawrie, they reached a tipping point. What Herrera still did was garbage, although I did think he was still throwing at Lawrie, because he did two pitches in a row, I also did think the ball slipped out of his hand just a little based on how he released it, actually causing it to miss him.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok doug feel free to name all of these "typical latin players" that do this, because all races throw at hitters. There is a large percentage of latinos that play baseball, that doesnt mean they all huff and puff and throw at batters. Your statement was a ridiculous racist generalization.

Que?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no idea who is lieing, you aren't even 6 degrees close to the situation

I am. I bought oranges from Escobar's cousin on a freeway off-ramp in Miami last year. That's two degrees. Boom.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright kids, time to get this thread back on topic.

Tigers>Yer Team.