• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.J. Pierzynski to Red Sox... Salty on way out?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true, but he didn't have to make him the closer. He let the contract dictate that.

A lot is made of what happened to the Dodgers after Puig arrived and Hanley was healthy, but what happened to that team after Jansen was annointed the closer?[/QUOTE]

A topic I never thought of, until now. And, very good point again. And, if they re-sign Brian Wilson, I really will like the look and make-up of their pen in 2014.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlos Beltran reportedly has a 3yr/$48mm offer on the table from some team. It could be the Royals.

That would be a nice get for the Royals, but not if they have to offset the salary by trading Billy Butler. IMO, that would make the offensive output a near wash.

The A's also acquire Craig Gentry from the Rangers. Don't the A's already have a glut of OF's?

I wonder if the Rangers make a push for Ellsbury or Choo. They have now seen Murphy and Gentry go, and have a gaping hole in LF. Choo could play LF, and Martin could slide to LF to allow Ellsbury to play CF. Hmmm...

16 mil a year...takes the royals out especially if they have to move Butler...unless they get some serious propects for Butler, 1 being a 2b.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just a rumor, but, still, a rumor I never thought I would see and hear -

The Mariners have emerged as a major player in the Robinson Cano sweepstakes, several sources told Wallace Matthews of ESPNNewYork.com. With the Yankees not wanting to go to seven years or as much as $200MM, an industry source with knowledge of the negotiations termed the Yankees chances of retaining Cano at "less than 50-50."

That source said that the chances of the five-time All-Star second baseman staying in the Bronx "don't look too good right now." For what it's worth, Mariners GM Jack Zduiencik wouldn't confirm to ESPNNewYork's Andrew Marchand that he has met with Cano. Sources familiar with the negotiations between the Bombers and Cano say that the Yankees believe Seattle is willing to give him an eight-year, $200MM deal.

The Yankees reportedly came to Cano with a seven-year, $160MM offer. An insider said the club might be willing to increase their offer, but not by a ton. New York could go to $175MM over seven years, good for an average salary of $25MM. According to a source who was briefed on their last meeting, the Yankees have rejected the idea of any deal longer than seven years for Cano based on their own history of bad deals, including Alex Rodriguez's ten-year, $275MM pact, and the deals given to Albert Pujols, Josh Hamilton, and Ryan Howard. Meanwhile, Cano's side painted him as not only "the best player on the board,'' but also as the best player in baseball and someone who is "indispensable'' to the Yankees, the source said.

One baseball insider said that it now comes down to whether Cano wants to be a Yankee or wants to get paid. The Yankees believe they got that answer when Cano's party allegedly asked for a ten-year, $310MM deal from the club during the season. Cano has since denied making such a request.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a fine happy birthday wish to Mr. John Michael Osbourne. The Prince of fucking darkness turns 65 today.

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just a rumor, but, still, a rumor I never thought I would see and hear -

The Mariners have emerged as a major player in the Robinson Cano sweepstakes, several sources told Wallace Matthews of ESPNNewYork.com. With the Yankees not wanting to go to seven years or as much as $200MM, an industry source with knowledge of the negotiations termed the Yankees chances of retaining Cano at "less than 50-50."

That source said that the chances of the five-time All-Star second baseman staying in the Bronx "don't look too good right now." For what it's worth, Mariners GM Jack Zduiencik wouldn't confirm to ESPNNewYork's Andrew Marchand that he has met with Cano. Sources familiar with the negotiations between the Bombers and Cano say that the Yankees believe Seattle is willing to give him an eight-year, $200MM deal.

The Yankees reportedly came to Cano with a seven-year, $160MM offer. An insider said the club might be willing to increase their offer, but not by a ton. New York could go to $175MM over seven years, good for an average salary of $25MM. According to a source who was briefed on their last meeting, the Yankees have rejected the idea of any deal longer than seven years for Cano based on their own history of bad deals, including Alex Rodriguez's ten-year, $275MM pact, and the deals given to Albert Pujols, Josh Hamilton, and Ryan Howard. Meanwhile, Cano's side painted him as not only "the best player on the board,'' but also as the best player in baseball and someone who is "indispensable'' to the Yankees, the source said.

One baseball insider said that it now comes down to whether Cano wants to be a Yankee or wants to get paid. The Yankees believe they got that answer when Cano's party allegedly asked for a ten-year, $310MM deal from the club during the season. Cano has since denied making such a request.

Let him go...

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck in Miami Salty!

3 yr/$21 million

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little bit less than I had heard at first, but still a nice raise for him none the less.

true but contender to pretender in a blink of an eye

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has his ring and title. Now, he wants to get paid.

There's that stupid "pay me" crap. LOL.... I get it though, I really do... Just sucks

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ Alabama fans!!!

They left an Auburn fan a tip of "Roll Tide" with a note of "don't talk about being a proud Auburn fan to an Alabama fan"

GET A LIFE PEOPLE!!!!

Y! SPORTS

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ Alabama fans!!!

They left an Auburn fan a tip of "Roll Tide" with a note of "don't talk about being a proud Auburn fan to an Alabama fan"

GET A LIFE PEOPLE!!!!

Y! SPORTS

As someone who has been known to tip based on chest size, I can share only a "no comment" here....:whistle:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone who has been known to tip based on chest size, I can share only a "no comment" here....:whistle:

You dirty old man you!!!!!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmm... Didn't take it.... But once you click the link you'll see

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always knew this probably would happen but this makes me sad:

Yankees nearing a deal with Jacoby Ellsbury

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 years up to $150 million

Not really sure he is worth 21.5 or so a year... Wish him the best... Just wish it wasn't with the Yankees

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are also reports that "the market for Jacoby Ellsbury is moving faster than expected."
Thats an understatement.

Yankees overpaid but....its the Yankees and it means they might not overpay Cano so this should get interesting