• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Huge Salute To Tim Duncan

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Duncan in his usual quiet demeanor announced his retirement. Came in and learned from an all time great and brought the Spurs to greatness. Was consistent and ethical with his game, but a true competitor. I had always thought of any team other than the Lakers as my enemy, but this man made me show a real appreciation for his game, style and greatness. He is really going to be missed. In many ways I have always considered him better then Kobe or Shaq Oneal because he just wasn't the least bit selfish, took less money for the better of the team. Slowed down and let others take over as he got older. I would nominate him as the sportsman of the decade if they had such an honor

Tim Duncan - Here is to your career - Live long and prosper:suds:

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he is one of those special players that people simply respect. Its tough to find a reason to dislike the guy outside of his team beating your favorite team for so long year after year.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he is one of those special players that people simply respect. Its tough to find a reason to dislike the guy outside of his team beating your favorite team for so long year after year.
You wanted to hate him but just couldn't - a true killer on the court

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A true professional in every sense of the word, watching my team play against Duncan was at times frustrating because he would just dominate and you wanted to hate him and root against him but he just never showboated or talked shit (that you could tell) so you couldn't really say anything except I hate how good he is.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim D never really talked trash did he? And then, no one talked trash to him. He had other players' respect from very early on. Won't see another like that guy, really.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim D never really talked trash did he? And then, no one talked trash to him. He had other players' respect from very early on. Won't see another like that guy, really.
The only time I saw him talk trash was over that referee who threw him out of the game for laughing on the bench. He said the ref(Joe Crawford I believe) want to fight him and calmly said - "If he wants to fight - I will fight him" _It was hilarious because he said like it would taking the trash out to curb:lol:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draymond Green tells a great story about talking trash to Timmy:

"My rookie year, I kind of talked junk to everybody. In the middle of a game, I started talking to Tim, and I had already gotten into it with somebody on their team. I don't remember who it was. But I started talking to Tim and he just kind of stared at me. I just kept talking junk to him and he kept staring at me. At that point I realized during the rest of my career, I might as well not talk to him. Either, one, he is not going to talk back because he doesn't respect me. Or, 2, he is not going to talk back because that is who he is. Or, three, both. I figured then that was the last time I would talk junk to Tim. And that was the last time."

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond Green tells a great story about talking trash to Timmy:

"My rookie year, I kind of talked SHIT to everybody. In the middle of a game, I started talking to Tim, and I had already gotten into it with somebody on their team. I don't remember who it was. But I started talking to Tim and he just kind of stared at me. I just kept STARING AT HIS JUNK and he kept staring at me. At that point I realized during the rest of my career, I might as well not talk to him. Either, one, he is not going to talk back because he doesn't respect me. Or, 2, he is not going to talk back because that is who he is. Or, three, both. I figured then that EVENTUALLY I'D GRAD OR KICK HIS JUNK . And that was the last time. INSTEAD, I JUST FONDLED HIS BALLS A FEW TIMES"

:fify:

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 of the best all time, best wishes to him in retirement.