• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A good win against a poor opponent

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win tonight against Washington but until the 49ers can do it against a winning team I am going to hold back my enthusiasm . The 49ers wore them down tonight and picked up the offense in the second half.

It looked like Harbaugh was calling the plays in the second half after the 49ers only scored 10 points in the first half. I wish someone would ask Harbaugh in a press conference who is calling the plays. Does Roman suggest a play and then Harbaugh has the last word? Maybe that is why it is taking so long to get the plays into the huddle.

VD had a big game and Brooks was a monster tonight. Boldin also looked good. Defense was in Championship form once again. Kap showed more confidence and he looked good out of the shotgun. He did get lucky late in the first half on a possible pick 6 to the Washington linebacker.

Hey a win is a win. 7-4 now and back in the 6th slot for a playoff spot.

Go 49ers !!

:thrasher:

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya understandable. Yet if we were losing these games it would be a out how we can't win the games we should win. The games we have lost against good teams have been very very close, but I think were gonna start getting if together.

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh...winning the games against the teams you are supposed to win against is the key. If one play or call went a little different over the last couple weeks we'd be in a much better situation, but we certainly have enough talent to beat any team in the NFL right now, in any city except Seattle. One game at a time right now. Take care of business next week then hopefully watch Brees work over the squaks, we'll be right back where we need to be. Just remind yourself that we have not been, and are not as good as we will be when Crabs in back on the field.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any win is a good win after losing 2 in a row. Dont forget it was a road win. No road win is easy. Kap was awesome last night. Thats the Kap we all wanted to see. Almost a perfect game for him. I think he made 2 bad throws all game. Best he looked at more then man. He went through his reads.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was nice to see the defense play well in the second half. That hasn't happened in a while. If they continue to play like that and we get a decent performance from Kaepernick like we did last night I think they will finally beat an opponent with a winning record.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any win is a good win after losing 2 in a row. Dont forget it was a road win. No road win is easy. Kap was decent last night. Thats the Kap we all wanted to see. Almost a perfect game for him. I think he made 2 bad throws all game. Best he looked at more then man. He went through his reads.

FIFY

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lets hope Roman learned something last night. On 4 of their 5 first downs last night, it was Gore up the gut for an average of <2 yards. Offense only clicked when they threw the ball more than 10 yards down field. Throw the freakin ball instead of constantly putting us in 2nd and 9.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick played better than a lot of QBs would, especially considering the threat he is, but I kept thinking Washington's defense was one to cure all ills. Besides two passes where the camera didn't show where the ball was going until it happened, every time I saw the ball passed, I expected a completion or flat out drop (can't expect catches, just the ball being where it was supposed to be). Having said that, after all the blasting when we lost, credit is due to the players and coaches.

The announcers' repeated affront to mention of our weapons bugged me, when some of those weapons they mentioned missed time and no mention of oline play or injuries. Ray Lewis does not like Kaepernivk and you could tell that he was peeved we won with him. He went out of his way to mentioned the dropped INTs and wide open receivers Kaepernick passed to, the bad defense (ok, true, and what is he supposed to comment on?), etc. he must be getting people bugging him all the time about the refs, why else would he constantly belittle someone he "beat"? Called him athletic and not a QB and when he made the passes today, he said they were open and off target to plenty good targets (the big VD one was low and/or short).

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My phone seriously doesn't think "of" is a word, as it will autocorrect to "if" or recently "go" and I'm a careful typist. Even tested it a few times.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick played better than a lot of QBs would, especially considering the threat he is, but I kept thinking Washington's defense was one to cure all ills. Besides two passes where the camera didn't show where the ball was going until it happened, every time I saw the ball passed, I expected a completion or flat out drop (can't expect catches, just the ball being where it was supposed to be). Having said that, after all the blasting when we lost, credit is due to the players and coaches.

The announcers' repeated affront to mention of our weapons bugged me, when some of those weapons they mentioned missed time and no mention of oline play or injuries. Ray Lewis does not like Kaepernivk and you could tell that he was peeved we won with him. He went out of his way to mentioned the dropped INTs and wide open receivers Kaepernick passed to, the bad defense (ok, true, and what is he supposed to comment on?), etc. he must be getting people bugging him all the time about the refs, why else would he constantly belittle someone he "beat"? Called him athletic and not a QB and when he made the passes today, he said they were open and off target to plenty good targets (the big VD one was low and/or short).

I didn't see it that way.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Overall a solid win.

Defense was lights out especially in the 2nd half and I don't care what team it is if you can hold them to 6 points in their house it was a good day on defense.

Offensively there are still concerns but it was a better looking product than what we've seen the past couple of weeks.

Kaepernick was good not great. He seemed a little more willing to pull the trigger on passes and his accuracy was pretty good overall. Still would like to see him play with a little more confidence and continue to learn to read defenses better to cut down on the cringe worthy decisions he makes with the ball though.

I wasn't a big fan of all the talk of the weapons he has. You have to dig deeper than just reading off a list of names and consider how their skill sets and how they fit. The only guy he really has that is explosive and strikes fear in defenses is Davis. I love Boldin but he doesn't have the skills to be "the guy" and is at his best when he has others drawing the defense's attention. MM still looks like he's getting his legs under him and the rest of the guys are a complete black hole.

The play calling was better but still had some aspects left to be desired.

I still think we overuse the Jumbo package way too much. It invites the defense to crowd the line, telegraphs what we're planning on doing and completely limits what we can do in the passing game. You can do all the creative pulling and blocking schemes you want but if a defense crowds the line and is expecting run it's going to be an uphill battle for yards.

Would like to see some more play action especially when defenses are selling out against the run. As we've seen the past couple of weeks running Gore into a wall really isn't accomplishing anything.

One other thing is we should really roll Kaepernick out and move his passing platform. Defenses seem to freeze a little more when Kaepernick rolls out the pocket and it's something we should take advantage of more.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Meh...winning the games against the teams you are supposed to win against is the key. If one play or call went a little different over the last couple weeks we'd be in a much better situation, but we certainly have enough talent to beat any team in the NFL right now, in any city except Seattle. One game at a time right now. Take care of business next week then hopefully watch Brees work over the squaks, we'll be right back where we need to be. Just remind yourself that we have not been, and are not as good as we will be when Crabs in back on the field.

and New Orleans.

yes, we could've won, should've won that particular game, but IMO New Orleans won't make that many errors the next time.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Any win is a good win after losing 2 in a row. Dont forget it was a road win. No road win is easy. Kap was awesome last night. Thats the Kap we all wanted to see. Almost a perfect game for him. I think he made 2 bad throws all game. Best he looked at more then man. He went through his reads.

agreed on all counts.

btw - when he drops back to pass from center, he drops quickly, and sets-up quickly. i guess his longer legs allows him to take larger and thus, less steps? anyway, liked his footwork in this situation.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt the game was over when Washington decided to go for it on fourth down. Even if they converted, that seemed to make the coaches even more aggressive to get it over with. We would've won either way, IMO, I just thought that spurred it faster. We even went for a couple times that I thought that we might not otherwise, after the game was well in hand. I wonder if the coaches were insulted? To me, it was a stupid decision, not just because it didn't work. I just thought that it was the wrong place.

They could've pinned us down at the 1-2 yard line. Play the field position game until you score. Despite our struggles, we were/are the stronger team, so that makes me think that playing field position game was even more imperative for them. Then again, when you're playing a better team, you might want to take it any score you can. They got desperate. Either way, the play they ran didn't seem to be a winner. It wasn't just execution.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An NFL win is an NFL win. Can't knock it. As bad as we feel Kaepernick has played this season, he actually has a higher passer rating than Tom Brady, Andrew Luck and Alex Smith. The bright side is that there's lots of room for improvement, so we should expect Kaepernick to get better as this season goes along. If he does that and injured guys come back and are close to form, then we're a very dangerous team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what game Ray was watching because he made some heck of throw in a lot of tight windows. Yes he should of had an Int but you can say that about any QB in any game. Every QB has a couple bad throws they wish they can have back.

Overall great job by Kap last night.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An NFL win is an NFL win. Can't knock it. As bad as we feel Kaepernick has played this season, he actually has a higher passer rating than Tom Brady, Andrew Luck and Alex Smith. The bright side is that there's lots of room for improvement, so we should expect Kaepernick to get better as this season goes along. If he does that and injured guys come back and are close to form, then we're a very dangerous team.

Great Post