• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A good win against a poor opponent

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what would he consider 'special'?

anyway, don't mine him saying this, he's entitled to his opinion. some of it HAS to be their offense not executing, cause if they were, they'd score on ANY defense. but being they didn't execute well, they're nothing special either.

The 49ers defense does seem to be fairly vanilla, especially when it comes to things like blitzes (although ironically it seemed like they dialed up more of those last night than the usually do). But to say "not special" and especially to say that they didn't bring pressure makes me wonder if Morris was actually on the same field as them last night. They totally dominated the Redskins offense and sacked RG3 a bunch.

Maybe he has a concussion and he's just a little loopy right now?

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Defense did nothing special? Yes they did: they held Washington to 2 field goals. That's special and will win almost any game.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh...winning the games against the teams you are supposed to win against is the key. If one play or call went a little different over the last couple weeks we'd be in a much better situation, but we certainly have enough talent to beat any team in the NFL right now, in any city except Seattle. One game at a time right now. Take care of business next week then hopefully watch Brees work over the squaks, we'll be right back where we need to be. Just remind yourself that we have not been, and are not as good as we will be when Crabs in back on the field.

Pretty sure we've won in Seattle more than they have won in San Fransisco since 2007. That or maybe it was dead even. Someone else can look it up if they want. I think the media hypes that place up to be more than it really is though.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the media hypes that place up to be more than it really is though.

well, it does get hyped up probably more than necessary. However, under Carroll, since 2010, the seahawks are 9.5 games better at home than on the road in the regular season (22-7 at home and 13-17 on the road), which is tied for 3rd best in the nfl during that timeframe. as a comparison, the niners are 6 games better in their friendly confines during the same time period.

the hawks hfa advantage does not seem as impressive as the cardinals (12.5 games better at home since 2010), the ravens (10 games), and is only as good as the packers (9.5 games).

so, i guess technically, you are correct. if anyone in the media is hyping seattle as the best HFA in the league, they are incorrect. it should be arizona. seattle is only the 3rd or 4th best.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what game Ray was watching because he made some heck of throw in a lot of tight windows. Yes he should of had an Int but you can say that about any QB in any game. Every QB has a couple bad throws they wish they can have back.

Overall great job by Kap last night.

That INT could have been a pick 6.

Good job by Kaep, but nothing too extraordinary.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let us have Crabtree back and see what happens.