• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

a good read about the "game of the century"

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it is the B1G fan in me, but I thought that was one of the best five games of the year. It was infinitely better than the much praised Michigan-Notre Dame game which featured two teams beating themselves. There were some mistakes in the Bama-LSU game, but there were a ton of great defensive plays that made it a good watch.

Bama/LSU was better than Michigan and Notre Dame for the fact that neither Michigan or Notre Dame wanted to win that game.

Bama/LSU was just two teams that didn't do anything to win. They just ran play after play and LSU ended up in the best spot.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama/LSU was better than Michigan and Notre Dame for the fact that neither Michigan or Notre Dame wanted to win that game.

Bama/LSU was just two teams that didn't do anything to win. They just ran play after play and LSU ended up in the best spot.

:L

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well...really Bama did...but their kicker is a joke.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know....I just you tubed "game of the century" and this was the first thing that popped up.

Last edited by a moderator:

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game of the Century = Boise State / Oklahoma Fiesta Bowl.

No question

Why am I not surprised that someone would consider that a great game and this one not? You seen a horrible showing of offense in this game, how about I see a horrible showing of defense in that game?

See, as much as some might hate to admit it, we're all a bunch of damn hypocrites. Every football fan is a hypocrite and don't try to deny it. If something like this happens and it favors your team, it's all fine and dandy, but if it happens to favor the other team or a teams that you aren't attached to, well then fuck that it's just stupid.

This is the prime example right here...

Alabama vs LSU, final score 9-6 OT. This is labeled a horrible and boring game to watch. What a horrible display of offense, the QB's sucked in this game, is what people say about it.

Boise st vs Oklahoma, final score 43-42 OT. Yet this is considered a hell of a game, it's not at all considered a horrific show of terrible defense.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well...really Bama did...but their kicker is a joke.

Stop blaming the kicker for fuck sake. Are you people so damn stupid that you don't get the fact that he shouldn't have even been put in that situation? We should of punted the ball, instead go for a kick that we know our guy can't hit. It's not his fault. We knew his abilities, and our main guy is pretty good when he isn't going for 53 yarders. How many 50+ yard kicks has your kicker attempted this year?

We lost because of play calling, not our kickers.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop blaming the kicker for fuck sake. Are you people so damn stupid that you don't get the fact that he shouldn't have even been put in that situation? We should of punted the ball, instead go for a kick that we know our guy can't hit. It's not his fault. We knew his abilities, and our main guy is pretty good when he isn't going for 53 yarders. How many 50+ yard kicks has your kicker attempted this year?

I don't disagree with you at all. With your defense I would want to pin them inside the 10.

But Brett Maher 2 / 5 over 50 this year, 15 / 18 overall. He doesn't miss under 50 and I know one more of the 50+ were good. That was against Wyoming.

His longest punt was 61 yards and has 6 punts over 50.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't disagree with you at all. With your defense I would want to pin them inside the 10.

But Brett Maher 2 / 5 over 50 this year 15 / 18 overall He doesn't miss under 50 and I know one more of the 50+ were good. That was against Wyoming but it was still so far above the posts they had a bad angle on the call and called it bad.

His longest punt was 61 yards and has 6 punts over 50.

CalvinJohnson4God

Time to die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love defensive battles.

And the OU / Boise game was not a terrible showing of defense. It was just the most entertaining game I've ever seen.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love defensive battles.

And the OU / Boise game was not a terrible showing of defense. It was just the most entertaining game I've ever seen.

If you love defensive battles then you had to love that LSU/Bama game. As for the other game, it sure was entertaining, but when there is 80+ points scored in a football game, there is definitely a breakdown in defense somewhere. I'll admit that the offenses of Alabama and LSU aren't the best in the country, but they are pretty decent averaging 40 points per game, and AJ Mccarron had been doing pretty good up to that game at QB. So while I know there were definitely some offensive screw ups by both teams, I also know that both defenses were extremely good and overwhelming for the other offenses. These two offenses are made for power, hit you in the mouth football. Unfortunately these defenses are suited best for that style of play also. That's my view on why this game was so low scoring. Against a more high powered offense though, they will surely score more points, but it will definitely be below average for that team, and their defense will not be suited to deal with the smash mouth, physically punishing style of offense that LSU and Alabama play with.

I enjoyed this game so much, and I think it lived up to it's hype, because I love the old school style of football, and I think this is exactly what we saw in this game. Not the horrible lack of offense that some folks try to make it out to be.