• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A few Yinzer moms not happy with Crosby

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Self-entitlement? How's that? Seems like it is more about the entitlement of others. I understand the PA policy for not causing a scene, but I also understand people frustrated that those who already have pretty spectacular lives don't have to wait around for an hour like the rest of us.

Either way - not Crosby's fault. Just sayin'.

Sid isn't like the rest of us tho. I think everyone in Pittsburgh should understand that. He has a destiny that most of us can't even begin to understand.

If I found out Sid was going to be at the DMV, even I would probably pretend I lost my license so I could get an autograph & a picture taken. And if I know he'll be stuck in line, I'll probably ask for MULTIPLE autographs & pictures.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<Cool story bro>
In the early 90's I managed a record store in a mall near where some of the Orioles lived. One, named Cal, used to to call in his order for all the things he wanted to buy at Christmas. He apparently didn't like dispatching a lackey to buy gifts, but always had to be real aware of what his presence would do to a store. He'd show up, make his purchase and was always very apologetic of the chaos it caused. He mentioned he never gets to just "shop".

So I told him if he wants to, just give us a call and we'll let him in before the store opens with the doors locked. He can take as much time as he wants. He took us up on it twice. Just came in and took about 45 minutes browsing while I sat at the front counter and did my paperwork (I had to be there anyway). Really, really nice guy. He sent a box with a bunch of signed pictures of the team and some signed baseballs for everyone in the store. All I kept was one ball and his thank you note.

</cool story bro>

Bottom line, they aren't regular guys. No matter how bad they want to be. I actually felt kinda bad for him.

That's pretty cool. :thumb:

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sid isn't like the rest of us tho. I think everyone in Pittsburgh should understand that. He has a destiny that most of us can't even begin to understand.

If I found out Sid was going to be at the DMV, even I would probably pretend I lost my license so I could get an autograph & a picture taken. And if I know he'll be stuck in line, I'll probably ask for MULTIPLE autographs & pictures.

And people like you are why they have the policy. But like its been pointed out, its not jealousy. If anything, Crosby that probably felt self-entitled.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:laugh3:

He's famous. He's not leading his people out of the control of the pharoah.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, where does he have to be? It's the offseason. He's a hockey player, not a doctor or a cop. Lets not act like he is an essential part of civic society. He is an entertainer.

Don't forget:
I_AM_YOUR_DENSITY.png

He has a DENSITY

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I will part this DMV line and then bring back the sun"

Charlton-Heston-as-Moses-The-Ten-Commandments-1956-Paramount.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no big whoop ... just Sid being Sid ... willing himself to the front of the line

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, he's busy willing the Pirates to victory. What, you thought they were doing that on their own?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

He's famous. He's not leading his people out of the control of the pharoah.

Please don't belittle Sid's destiny by comparing him to your Biblical tales.

I would compare him more to Kal-El from Krypton.

"You’re not just anyone. One day, you’re gonna have to make a choice. You have to decide what kind of man you want to grow up to be. Whoever that man is, good character or bad, is gonna change the world." -Jonathan Kent

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders." -Jor-El

Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please don't belittle Sid's destiny by comparing him to your Biblical tales.

I would compare him more to Kal-El from Krypton.

"You’re not just anyone. One day, you’re gonna have to make a choice. You have to decide what kind of man you want to grow up to be. Whoever that man is, good character or bad, is gonna change the world." -Jonathan Kent

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders." -Jor-El

You might have spent a wee bit too much time at the swamp. It's okay, you'll be safe and warm here. The De-Tox (yeah, I said it) process takes a while, but we are known to be rather supportive as long as you don't complain about t-shirts.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might have spent a wee bit too much time at the swamp. It's okay, you'll be safe and warm here. The De-Tox (yeah, I said it) process takes a while, but we are known to be rather supportive as long as you don't complain about t-shirts.

I love t-shirts, can't have too many t-shirts I always say.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luongo was at that same concert lol

Strombone ‏@strombone1 16h
This is the closest I've ever been to a champion!!! @KingJames #JTconcert pic.twitter.com/BTLO1emsWn

BR15MYJCIAE8NBm.jpg:large

Lou is taller than Lebron? Who knew?