• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Fair and Balanced look at the 2020 Nebraska Schedule/with predictions !!!

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like it's going to be a season of 2 halves.
Was on the fence about Cincinnati, but no way they are good 2 years in a row, right?
Maybe some incoming freshmen can contribute immediately and help the Huskers.

W - Purdue
W - Central Michigan
W - South Dakota State
W - Cincinnati
W - @ Northwestern
W - Illinois
W - @ Rutgers
L - @ Ohio State
L - Penn State
L - @ Iowa
L - @ Wisconsin
L - Minnesota

I think 7-5 may be the best scenario for the Cornhuskers.
There will be a lot of hype going into the Ohio State game, but reality will set in quick.

Although this is Scott Frosts 3rd year, it really isn't. That first year, he got there late, not much he could do with the team after that nice guy whats his name fucked it all up.

How far off am I???

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-8/5-7 imo

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow
I was way off.
Last 5 is brutal. 1-4 is probably a besr case scenario there.

Nebraska isnt apprecoably better thsn Purdue , Illinois or Cincy ( if theyre better at all ) so 2-1 is likely a best case there. If they won the other 3 i could see 6-6 but SDSU is a top 5 FCS program which is akin to a 6-8 win FBS team so thats no gimme either

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last 5 is brutal. 1-4 is probably a besr case scenario there.

Nebraska isnt apprecoably better thsn Purdue , Illinois or Cincy ( if theyre better at all ) so 2-1 is likely a best case there. If they won the other 3 i could see 6-6 but SDSU is a top 5 FCS program which is akin to a 6-8 win FBS team so thats no gimme either

It’s so cute when they try to speak English in Iowa.

but your picks are probably correct.
Sigh

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly this year is going to be tough. I don't want to give my prediction as I feel like I would have to turn in my Husker fan card...........

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow that is an insanely backloaded schedule

Could play out a lot like 2016, promising start but kind of crash landing at the end

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP is nuts. I will be a homer and say Nebraska goes 5-7 again. I am hoping for 6-6, but 4-8 or worse I can also see.

Nebraska has two for sure wins, and five almost coin flips. the final five games are all losses. Four of their final six games are on the road.

The offensive coordinator was fired. We all know Frost calls the plays, but the OC told Frost good plays to call against the opposition. Frost would pick from his shitty ideas. This could be a plus, but the OC he hired was working for a bank last year.

Still have the same defensive coordinator whose plan is based on Nebraska scoring at least 40 points to win the game, because his defense will give up 38. Not a good plan.

Nebraska's best player has left the team even though he could have set every pass receiving record this year.

The kicking game is a complete mystery again.

The punting game is a complete mystery again.

The defensive line is 100% gone.

The best linebacker who could not cover anyone in pass defense is gone.

The rest of the linebackers played with heart, but were always in the wrong spot.

The defensive backs are probably the strongest part, but two starters from last year are gone.

It is the same offensive line as last year. Still the same O line coach as last year.

It is the same Quarterback who seemed to be completely discombobulated by the first year center unable to hike the ball for the first six games. the center did improve, but by then the QB had lost confidence on where the ball would be on each snap.

Running backs improved once the coaches figured out Dedrick Mills was the guy to use. That took 12 games to figure that out.

The receiving corps is losing players left and right, the only one left from last year is Wandale Robinson. Wandale is not built to take the beating that he took last year.

Tight Ends. Either Nebraska or the QB have no idea what a tight end is for.

Purdue beat Nebraska last year, and Purdue stunk. Purdue also beat Nebraska without Rondale Moore. Rondale will be fresh and healthy this year since it is the first game. COIN FLIP

Central Michigan went bowling last year, but when Central Michigan Chippewas(I think that is their name) play Power 5 teams, Central Michigan loses. COIN FLIP

South Dakota State recruits a lot of Nebraska kids, they would love to beat Nebraska. SDSU almost beat Minnesota to start the year last year, and Minnesota had 11 wins and beat Auburn in their bowl game. COIN FLIP

Cincinnati is coming off a great season. LOSS

Northwestern is struggling as much as Nebraska. Those games are always close. WIN

Illnois went bowling last year, but still lost to Nebraska somehow. COIN FLIP

Rutgers will still lose to Nebraska. WIN

The last five games are all LOSSES.

My prediction anywhere from 2-10 to 6-6.

In 2019 I drank Koolaid, I swam in Koolaid, I peed Koolaid, I poured Koolaid on my cereal, then I watched the first game, and I vomited Koolaid.

After the 2020 season, Sott Frost fires his defensive coordinator.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP is nuts. I will be a homer and say Nebraska goes 5-7 again. I am hoping for 6-6, but 4-8 or worse I can also see.

Nebraska has two for sure wins, and five almost coin flips. the final five games are all losses. Four of their final six games are on the road.

The offensive coordinator was fired. We all know Frost calls the plays, but the OC told Frost good plays to call against the opposition. Frost would pick from his shitty ideas. This could be a plus, but the OC he hired was working for a bank last year.

Still have the same defensive coordinator whose plan is based on Nebraska scoring at least 40 points to win the game, because his defense will give up 38. Not a good plan.

Nebraska's best player has left the team even though he could have set every pass receiving record this year.

The kicking game is a complete mystery again.

The punting game is a complete mystery again.

The defensive line is 100% gone.

The best linebacker who could not cover anyone in pass defense is gone.

The rest of the linebackers played with heart, but were always in the wrong spot.

The defensive backs are probably the strongest part, but two starters from last year are gone.

It is the same offensive line as last year. Still the same O line coach as last year.

It is the same Quarterback who seemed to be completely discombobulated by the first year center unable to hike the ball for the first six games. the center did improve, but by then the QB had lost confidence on where the ball would be on each snap.

Running backs improved once the coaches figured out Dedrick Mills was the guy to use. That took 12 games to figure that out.

The receiving corps is losing players left and right, the only one left from last year is Wandale Robinson. Wandale is not built to take the beating that he took last year.

Tight Ends. Either Nebraska or the QB have no idea what a tight end is for.

Purdue beat Nebraska last year, and Purdue stunk. Purdue also beat Nebraska without Rondale Moore. Rondale will be fresh and healthy this year since it is the first game. COIN FLIP

Central Michigan went bowling last year, but when Central Michigan Chippewas(I think that is their name) play Power 5 teams, Central Michigan loses. COIN FLIP

South Dakota State recruits a lot of Nebraska kids, they would love to beat Nebraska. SDSU almost beat Minnesota to start the year last year, and Minnesota had 11 wins and beat Auburn in their bowl game. COIN FLIP

Cincinnati is coming off a great season. LOSS

Northwestern is struggling as much as Nebraska. Those games are always close. WIN

Illnois went bowling last year, but still lost to Nebraska somehow. COIN FLIP

Rutgers will still lose to Nebraska. WIN

The last five games are all LOSSES.

My prediction anywhere from 2-10 to 6-6.

In 2019 I drank Koolaid, I swam in Koolaid, I peed Koolaid, I poured Koolaid on my cereal, then I watched the first game, and I vomited Koolaid.

After the 2020 season, Sott Frost fires his defensive coordinator.

200.gif

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I expect to see out of Scott Frost is a gradual improvement of bigger, faster, stronger, better, every year.

He has had to move thru some players that didn't want to be there under Frost's more intense system. Could be wrong, but think this year should be better than last year, in actual numbers and the eye test, both.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was on the fence about Cincinnati, but no way they are good 2 years in a row, right?

W - Purdue
W - Central Michigan
W - South Dakota State
W - Cincinnati
W - @ Northwestern
W - Illinois
W - @ Rutgers
L - @ Ohio State
L - Penn State
L - @ Iowa
L - @ Wisconsin
L - Minnesota

There will be a lot of hype going into the Ohio State game, but reality will set in quick.

Although this is Scott Frosts 3rd year, it really isn't. That first year, he got there late, not much he could do with the team after that nice guy whats his name fucked it all up.

How far off am I???

Should be a great start for Nebraska. I agree. That's a dream schedule to open the season.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7-5 but probably 6-6.... we goin' bowlin', mawfuks!!!

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a guaranteed win on the schedule. Not even South Dakota State if we start out 0-2 which isn't outside of any realm of possibility.

First 7 games should scream 7-0, but this team hasn't won that many games in a row since OP had hair on his head.

5-2 in first 7 games and hopefully get bowl eligible. Baby steps. :suds:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

W - Purdue
W - Central Michigan
W - South Dakota State
W - Cincinnati
W - @ Northwestern
W - Illinois
W - @ Rutgers
L - @ Ohio State
L - Penn State
L - @ Iowa
L - @ Wisconsin
L - Minnesota

How far off am I???
7-5 and a bowl game gets Frost a lifetime contract.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear Cincinnati is going to destroy the Huskers and while I'm impressed Nebraska is willing to step up and play a big boy, they are definitely biting off more than they can chew.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear Cincinnati is going to destroy the Huskers and while I'm impressed Nebraska is willing to step up and play a big boy, they are definitely biting off more than they can chew.

For anyone new out there, this is a dig on OSU fans that promoted Cincy as a good win (and it was) which Wild Turk roundly denied.

:lol:

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn straight. CMU, SDSU, and Cincy will probably all kick our ass.

1981 we played @Iowa, Florida State, Penn State, and Auburn in our non-conference. Went 2-2 in that schedule and were playing for a natty in January that year against Clemson.