• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9/9 GDT Worms @ Biggie

llemon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you guys won't

like it, but I've been pretty accurate thus far.

Bat Pence 3rd and Posey 4th. Put the speed at the top of the lineup.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants WIN 5-1...Petit..Pagan..and Panik like a full moon...That's Amore

It feels like a dream but this playoff run by the Giants is for real. Tuesday night the energy was high behind Petit. He was so dominant the bullpen guys got a chance to rest. Pagan banged his drum loud and the kid Panik looks like 10 year vet with the confidence of a trapeze artist.

Petit was magnificent as the Giants moon shined down . Petit goes the distance giving up 1 ER on a solo HR to Inciarte in the 4th inning and only 4 hits. He threw 26 forst pitch strikes out of the 29 batters he faced. His 9 strikeouts were fun to watch and he did all of this on 84 pitches. It was a throwback game to years past as this game only took a tidy 2:29 minutes to complete. This was as dominating as last years 1 hitter Petit threw at the D-Backs.

On offence all you have to hear is this ...Pagan and Panik went 9-10 combined to get the wheels spinning and Panik had his first 5 hit game of his very young career. Panik is a pool hustler who can drop a 9 ball from anywhere on the table. His swing is so pretty the ball has lipstick on it after hits. The best bat control I have seen in a long while. Pagan put on 4 drum solo's that got the crowd on their feet all night. His 4 singles and 3 runs scored set the table for Panik who got to see the pitcher in the stretch all night. Blanco added 2 hits and a run scored. Even Petit felt cheeky tonight getting his first hit and run scored and now has average this year. Giants win going away 5-1 and still must stay focused for the final two games of this series.

Another special night at the yard where memories continue to fill the minds of the Giants fans. It was a full moon and love was in the air as the kiss cam got 4 or 5 couples smooching so hard I wanted to send Amy G. down to them with room keys and bottles of Champagne. Just a fun night and the vibe was just right and when the vibe is just right...and the moon is bright...That's Amore !

Go Giants !!:whoo::drum:

:suds::clap::thrasher::salute::dingdingding:

on youtube..

Dean Martin feat. Jerry Lewis - That"s amore

Last edited by a moderator:

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like it, but I've been pretty accurate thus far.

Bat Pence 3rd and Posey 4th. Put the speed at the top of the lineup.

Speed is a factor, but the bigger point, IMO, is that we should try to get Pence as many PA's as possible. With Pagan back and Panik hitting well, I, too, would want Pence to hit third. He hits LHP almost the same as RHP.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speed is a factor, but the bigger point, IMO, is that we should try to get Pence as many PA's as possible. With Pagan back and Panik hitting well, I, too, would want Pence to hit third. He hits LHP almost the same as RHP.

More than Posey?

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my thought. Sure, you want Pence to get PAs, but not at the expense of Posey.

Nice dilemma to have. Either works for me, and you can certainly make a great case to bat Posey third.

But worth asking is: Do you want Posey batting with Pence on base, or Pence batting with Posey on base? Considering DP possibilities, and getting from 1B to 3B on a single, or from 2B to home, you may want Pence 3rd and Posey 4th.

Fun to think about, and it's a win either way. Just not Pence 5th - he's a better hitter than Pablo right now, esp against LHP.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice dilemma to have. Either works for me, and you can certainly make a great case to bat Posey third.

But worth asking is: Do you want Posey batting with Pence on base, or Pence batting with Posey on base? Considering DP possibilities, and getting from 1B to 3B on a single, or from 2B to home, you may want Pence 3rd and Posey 4th.

Fun to think about, and it's a win either way. Just not Pence 5th - he's a better hitter than Pablo right now, esp against LHP.

Which prompts the question:

do you want Pence protecting Panda, or Panda protecting Pence?

Either way, as you say, a nice dilemma to have...until Belt starts raking again.

Ultimately, I'd like:

Oxy/Panik/Herk/MVP/Panda/BB9/Carbonell/Stamos

-- provided Carbonell is the real deal (I think he is).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which prompts the question:

do you want Pence protecting Panda, or Panda protecting Pence?

Either way, as you say, a nice dilemma to have...until Belt starts raking again.

Ultimately, I'd like:

Oxy/Panik/Herk/MVP/Panda/BB9/Carbonell/Stamos

-- provided Carbonell is the real deal (I think he is).

I am more and more thinking of placing Carbonell as my org #1 this off-season, so I, too believe he is the real deal. However, I am not sure WHEN he will be ready. Will he be ready by opening day? Quite possibly, but I think a better due date would be ASB, 2015.