• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8.2 Disco @ Worms

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants are solid, but they do tend to feast of teams weak bully arms. You don’t tend to see those guys in the playoffs. Like in the NBA playoffs, rotations tighten up in the MLB post season.

Meanwhile, the Giants only really have a few solid bully arms, and no shut down arms. Lots of chicken wire and bubblegum, though.
All of that gets mitigated if the SP are consistently going six plus innings. Lately, that's been a big problem.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of that gets mitigated if the SP are consistently going six plus innings. Lately, that's been a big problem.
That doesn’t happen in baseball in general anymore, though.

I am with you that I like that kind of baseball better, but that kind of baseball is dead, unfortunately.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn’t happen in baseball in general anymore, though.

I am with you that I like that kind of baseball better, but that kind of baseball is dead, unfortunately.
Yep, bullpens matter a lot more in the playoffs

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, FZ, in the playoffs the pitching matters more.

Especially the SP.

The Giants are solid, but they do tend to feast of teams weak bully arms. You don’t tend to see those guys in the playoffs. Like in the NBA playoffs, rotations tighten up in the MLB post season.

Meanwhile, the Giants only really have a few solid bully arms, and no shut down arms. Lots of chicken wire and bubblegum, though.
Maybe FZ knows something we don't? :noidea:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe FZ knows something we don't? :noidea:
Of course. But we have seen through the Boch years that playoff baseball is completely different from regular season baseball. I always got the feeling that Boch treated the regular season as nothing more than extended spring training. I don’t get that feel from Kap.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. But we have seen through the Boch years that playoff baseball is completely different from regular season baseball. I always got the feeling that Boch treated the regular season as nothing more than extended spring training. I don’t get that feel from Kap.
Granted, I haven't really paid enough attention to the playoffs these last few years to see if the rule remains true (I tend to check out a bit on the details if the Giants aren't in the playoffs), but the last time the Giants made the playoffs was 5 years ago and the last time we won it all was 7 years ago. Could things have changed since then?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted, I haven't really paid enough attention to the playoffs these last few years to see if the rule remains true (I tend to check out a bit on the details if the Giants aren't in the playoffs), but the last time the Giants made the playoffs was 5 years ago and the last time we won it all was 7 years ago. Could things have changed since then?
What hasn't changed is the almost total randomness of baseball playoffs due to short sample sizes. We'll either get lucky again or we won't. But some factors do make it easier and lockdown bullpens help. Got the Royals theirs in 2015 (and almost in 2014...but we had our own lockdown pen named Bumgarner...we don't have that weapon this year). This year the White Sox are like the 2015 Royals in their pen with the addition of Kimbrel to Hendricks and the rest.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1200x0.jpg

https:%2F%2Fthatballsouttahere.com%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F07%2Fsantiago-casilla-mlb-san-francisco-giants-arizona-diamondbacks-850x560.jpg