• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9/29 GDT Last Game of 2013- The Battle for Third Place

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants finish tied for third place

Great win on Game 162. Pence gets the new deal and comes through. Zito had a great moment at the end of the game. A great game to give hope for next year.

:10::suds::clap::rockon:

Rock on !

Go Giants !!

Journey - Don't stop believing

Thank you to the Champs for the memories

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A losing season, but I still like the condition of the franchise. I hope we can bring Timmy back, but I feel that is unlikely. Thanks for the memories to all the departing Giants.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet we do bring him back, but at more than many folks want to see.

My guess: 3/40

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet we do bring him back, but at more than many folks want to see.

My guess: 3/40

There are probably quite a few teams out there who are willing to pay much more than we have the ability to pay. If Tim comes back, I think it will be because he really wants to be here. I'll hope for a happy ending, but I've prepared myself for his departure.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lincecum will command at least a 3 year/45-50 mil contract.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bet a lot of money that won't happen. And if it does, he won't be wearing a Giant uni.

Have to agree with Tzill here. Most none Giant fans don't really have the memories of the two CY years to fall back on. What they see are the last three years that have been losing years for Timmy. They never taklk about 'turning the corner'. They never knew he was around the corner to begin with.

If I'm a GM with money to burn, then maybe, and then for a very limited time frame. But 15M per year for a guy that has been struggling for the past three years is a lot to gamble. If he was only off for one year then I think he has a much bigger following. I just don't see may offers above the 3/40M level.

Let's change the game a little: If any team was willing to give Timmy a 1/18M deal what do you think an acceptable return would have to be to make them consider an extension.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much money out there for Lincecum not to get a 3/45 offer. Someone besides the Giants will want Lincecum and that will drive up the offer. Also pitching is in dire need around MLB. Lincecum also is a marketers plus. Jersey sales alone would take care of some of that money especially if he went to Seattle.

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much money out there for Lincecum not to get a 3/45 offer. Someone besides the Giants will want Lincecum and that will drive up the offer. Also pitching is in dire need around MLB. Lincecum also is a marketers plus. Jersey sales alone would take care of some of that money especially if he went to Seattle.

I REALLY think Seattle is his only serious suitor. The question is, will they be able to pony up the funds to get it done.

Don't forget... We all say that since they have a "protected" pick, they can sign him without consequence. That is not true. If they were to sign him,. they would lose their 2nd rounder. Granted, not the same, but it should not be forgotten.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BoB ... as much as I love you enthusiasm for our Giants .... you are also a 'homer' to the nth degree. Your views are you emotions and just like emotions, sometimes they aren't too rational. I live in NY and I also have some insights into the marketing arena. Timmy would be a difficult sell in the none Bay area. He's carried a 33-43 record over the past three years. His CY days are past. How would you market a product like this for 15M a year cost to your team. Timmy is a Bay area marketing product. He was developed there and his market is there. It will always be available in SF. He iS a San Francisco product. As Cal stated above, the Mariners are the only other team that I see that could use him from a pure marketing perspective ..... and a good one at that ..... I can see it now .....

The Freak comes Home!

If he does leave us .... that is where I think he will go. If he's willing to accept 3/40M than I see him back here but deep down inside .... I see him returning to his first home ....

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BoB ... as much as I love you enthusiasm for our Giants .... you are also a 'homer' to the nth degree. Your views are you emotions and just like emotions, sometimes they aren't too rational. I live in NY and I also have some insights into the marketing arena. Timmy would be a difficult sell in the none Bay area. He's carried a 33-43 record over the past three years. His CY days are past. How would you market a product like this for 15M a year cost to your team. Timmy is a Bay area marketing product. He was developed there and his market is there. It will always be available in SF. He iS a San Francisco product. As Cal stated above, the Mariners are the only other team that I see that could use him from a pure marketing perspective ..... and a good one at that ..... I can see it now .....

The Freak comes Home!

If he does leave us .... that is where I think he will go. If he's willing to accept 3/40M than I see him back here but deep down inside .... I see him returning to his first home ....

Yes I am a Giants fan but I am not a "homer". I was very critical of the Giants direction before say 2008. I give credit when it is due and the Giants have delivered 2 WS Championships for us fans. Also I believe in more of a positive outlook on things and believe in Karma. There is nothing wrong with sending positive words and feelings out into the universe. I usually call it like I see it. Have I been more positive the last few years ...yes. The Giants and baseball mean a lot to me. Greatest game ever invented. Gotta love the game of baseball.

:hope::hope::hope::hope: