• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 07.23.24 A Bullpen Game in LA

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to just keep Bailey, Ramos, Fitz, Webb, the Roger brothers and let the rookies take over.
Wanting the “kids” to play is a fun sentiment. But who are “the kids”? If Wade is traded, who plays 1st? If Chappy is traded, who plays 3rd? What, EXACTLY, does “play the kids” look like?

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanting the “kids” to play is a fun sentiment. But who are “the kids”? If Wade is traded, who plays 1st? If Chappy is traded, who plays 3rd? What, EXACTLY, does “play the kids” look like?
I would think Chap is gone at the deadline or he will not stick around after the season. So Casey, or someone else, maybe with one of the trades at the deadline. I see Fitz maybe at 2nd/SS along with Wisely. Maybe keep Wade but eventually someone younger hopefully with more power. Outfield Lee, Ramos, and more rookies or a trade at deadline find.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think Chap is gone at the deadline or he will not stick around after the season. So Casey, or someone else, maybe with one of the trades at the deadline. I see Fitz maybe at 2nd/SS along with Wisely. Maybe keep Wade but eventually someone younger hopefully with more power. Outfield Lee, Ramos, and more rookies or a trade at deadline find.
I am talking about this year. Lee won’t play this year. Long term, we have Eldridge or maybe Tibbs for 1B, but Tibbs needs to sign first and Eldridge is not ready. MAYBE he can get a cuppo late next year, but that would be SUPER aggressive. We don’t have anyone in the system to play 1B right now.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3b: Schmitt, Villar
1b: Wise can play there, can bring up Auerbach, can play Brooks there for the rest of the year to see what we have.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1b: Wise can play there, can bring up Auerbach, can play Brooks there for the rest of the year to see what we have.
Villar can play 1st as well. He's done well in limited play this year, give him one more extended shot at the big league level before deciding whether he will be back in 2025.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't shake this feeling that Kapler would have this team above .500
Maybe at .500 but not sure it would be better than that.
Kapler wasn't everyone's favorite but I think most realize that he was the fall guy. FZ is the problem. And maybe the ownership.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kapler wasn't everyone's favorite but I think most realize that he was the fall guy. FZ is the problem. And maybe the ownership.
Kap was the fall guy, for sure. But being a fall guy does not equate to competence. if you have a pink house that is on fire, repainting it white may be the right move, but there is a much bigger problem that needs to be addressed.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am good with taking a look at VR. He has shown an ability to hit at the MLB level in the past, and isn’t a super high prospect. Schmitt, however, has been an embarrassment with the bat in the majors. And he has regressed offensively in Sacto. He has things to work on, and doing that in SF is not the way to do it.

Brooks is garbage. If you are trying to lose to improve draft position, then fine. But if you are investing in him, that is a problem.

Wise is not a 1B. I think I might be taller than him, and I used to play bball with Verne Troyer

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure what more FZ could have done. He spent the second most after the dodgers, and got players who on paper should have helped us. The players are not producing like they should. I would put more blame on our manager than FZ. He got the players but he is not making it work. Overall I blame the players more but Melvin has to take some of the blame.