• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 07.23.24 A Bullpen Game in LA

maxrandomness

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true:

1. Soler
2. Chapman
3. Snell
4. Conforto
Well I was thinking to keep Snell
He is on a 2 year deal right?
He would be a stud on next years rotation
Why sell him?
Do you see any significant return for the other 3 given the years they are having?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure what more FZ could have done. He spent the second most after the dodgers, and got players who on paper should have helped us. The players are not producing like they should. I would put more blame on our manager than FZ. He got the players but he is not making it work. Overall I blame the players more but Melvin has to take some of the blame.
The problem is that the dodgers, without Ohtani, are still one of the best teams in the majors. The Dodgers, without Yamamoto, are still one of the best teams in the majors. The Dodgers, without Teoscar, are still one of the best teams in the Majors.

The Dodgers were adding to an already established core. The Giants were trying to Padre themselves into the playoffs.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why sell him?
Do you see any significant return for the other 3 given the years they are having?
He has a player option for next year. That legit makes him hard to trade. If a team sells the farm for him, and he suffers an injury down the stretch, they are then on the hook for a 30M rehab assignment.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap was the fall guy, for sure. But being a fall guy does not equate to competence. if you have a pink house that is on fire, repainting it white may be the right move, but there is a much bigger problem that needs to be addressed.
Not trying to argue that he should have stayed. I just think his departure bought FZ more time.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to argue that he should have stayed. I just think his departure bought FZ more time.
I think that was the price for him staying. “If you want to stay, you need to get rid of your pet and get a counter-voice in the org”. BoMel is old school, and I suspect he is not the lapdog that Kap was.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap was the fall guy, for sure. But being a fall guy does not equate to competence. if you have a pink house that is on fire, repainting it white may be the right move, but there is a much bigger problem that needs to be addressed.
and I think much of that bigger problem WAS addressed. The roster is better, significantly better. Kapler wasn't the problem.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why sell him?
Snell is likely to opt out if he pitches well the rest of the way...sell him now.
Soler wouldn't bring back much but he'd be cleared off the books.
Chapman would bring back talent
Forto wouldn't bring back much but he's a rental.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I think much of that bigger problem WAS addressed. The roster is better, significantly better. Kapler wasn't the problem.
When was the last time a team with no core was able to “buy” a team successfully?

The Giants moves this past off season were headline getting, but not the way a successful team operates.