• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9/11

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 years ago to the date. Seems like it was just yesterday. I can still remember exactly where I was and exactly what I was doing 12 yrs ago when tragedy struck. Stay strong America and remember those that gave the ultimate sacrifice, so others could live.

Man ... to all the old ESPN boarders ... aint it nice not to have an asshole around to trash this day?!?!?!

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice post, Craig.

I remember getting ready for school when this took place. I remember sitting in school watching the coverage on TV. A day I'll never forget.

Who would have thought on that day that 12 years from then we'd still be at war. And looking to get into another one (Syria).

God bless those victims, victims' families, first responders, families of fallen first responders, those who died while serving, and those families of those fallen soldiers.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was working in Chicago at the time. I recall not knowing about it until I got off the bus across from the Sears Tower. My building was a couple of blocks north of there and the second plane must have just hit because they were already starting to evacuate the Sears. I didn't know that at the time, but I just noticed that there were more people than normal in the streets that morning. As I got to work, everyone that was there was watching the news in the conference room. Most everyone evacuated downtown that morning because nobody knew where they were going to hit next. I was living alone at the time and really had no where to go, especially becase the mass exodus caused a huge tie up on the mass transit, so I stayed and tried to work, while trying to contact friends and loved ones in NY and DC to see if they were okay, but not getting thorugh becauase the networks were all overloaded. It took me all day to draft a letter, couldn't focus on work and watching the coverage. I remember calling it a day around 4 pm, and downtown Chicago was a ghost town, and there were no planes in the sky, except maybe a random military jet.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was stationed at NAS Oceana and working at my desk when somebody came rushing into my office and said "Senior Chief ... did u hear the news? A plane just hit one of the WTC towers?" I sat for a nano-second and knew (for some reason) it was a terrorist attack. We all went to the lunch lounge and was watching it all unfold when the 2nd plane hit ... there was no doubt after that.

The CO of the base ordered everyone to go home. NOT ONE OF US LEFT ... WE STAYED! I was soooo dang mad after this I was willing to cut my shore duty early and volunteer for any ship that needed me.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was stationed at NAS Oceana and working at my desk when somebody came rushing into my office and said "Senior Chief ... did u hear the news? A plane just hit one of the WTC towers?" I sat for a nano-second and knew (for some reason) it was a terrorist attack. We all went to the lunch lounge and was watching it all unfold when the 2nd plane hit ... there was no doubt after that.

The CO of the base ordered everyone to go home. NOT ONE OF US LEFT ... WE STAYED! I was soooo dang mad after this I was willing to cut my shore duty early and volunteer for any ship that needed me.

Great post Craig.