• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9/11 Never Forget

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9-11.jpg

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless I'm mistaken, this will be the first time 9-11 lines up on a Tuesday like it did on that infamous day in 2001.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still remember that day... The little asshole 15 year old that I was. I almost took this as a joke at first, laughing and playing hackeysack through the halls on our way to a forced advisory class w/ friends (it was a 20 minute study hall style class before your last real class to just talk and reflect. I know it sounds weird). Anyways, my mood flipped big time when I found out what truly happened, and that two of my close friends at the times parents were working in the WTC that day. What a reality check, and just complete mind fuck. Went from being a smart ass to consoling my friends whose worlds have just been turned upside down. Thankfully both of their fathers survived. But it was such a fucked up day... And just a fucked up reason to bring this country together the way it did.

Definitely a day I will never forget.

:rip: to all the innocent people who lost their lives, and all the brave men and women who lost their lives trying to help those who were injured. It's truly sad when you read about so many people who went into help and now are plagued with cancer from the debris. There aren't words that any person can say to truly commend their courage.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9-11_4.jpg

All the emotions come back. I just didn't understand it then. 10 years old, and I just didn't get it. This was America, things like this didn't happen in AMERICA. They didn't tell us at school, afraid we'd tell the younger kids and start an issue. All we knew was that there was no recess. I wish now I had been paying attention, I'm sure my teachers were upset. I just remember that night riding my bike back and forth in front of my house waiting for my Dad to get home. That's all I wanted.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe it's been 11 years already. You know it was a tragic event when Nickleback releasing their so-called "breakthrough" album is the 2nd worst thing that happened that day.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I was getting ready for class and my roomate hollered out that "a plane hit the WTC". I figured it was a little cessna type and commented "someone is in trouble". Then he said that it looks like a big plane and I rushed in and saw it unfolding. Still get a pit in my stomach. I remember I watched for a bit and missed my first class. Then I went to my second because my teacher was an a-hole and I could see him being a jerk about this. He walked in and told us to go home and call our family, and skip the rest of the day...saying if any of our teachers had an issue to refer them to him. I was floored. Crazy thing is that in that first class the idiot teacher gave a pop quiz and failed everyone that didn't show up. Then we all threw a fit and he backed off and tossed out the test because like 3 people were there.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my thoughts go out to the the fallen, their families and all the heros from that day.

I just returned from Mexico with my current wife (only my girlfriend at the time) she went home the night before and my brother was in town sleeping on my couch. I turned on the TV in the morning and it was already on the towers were smoking. I said holy shit deep enough my brother shot right up from his sleep and looked at the TV and said

Osama Bin Laden

I didnt even know who he was. my brother knew and explained to me all about him and his terrorist group. it was one of the darkest days in US history but strength and compassion and courage came out of that 1000 times stronger.

all the best to you all

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a different perspective?

Sheraz Ali ‏@sherazali
9/11. The day where white girls stopped sleeping with brown dudes.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was in a drafting class my freshman year in HS and we had the radio on after the first hit and listend as they announced the second hit. Still remember that day vividly.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in a cab going past the White House on my way to work when I found out. The first plane had already hit the Twin Towers. The cab driver was trying to tell me what was going on, but his English wasn't very good so I couldn't understand. As we passed the White House, I saw soldiers on the roof with some hardcore equipment and weapons.

I realized what was going on very quickly.

Props to the intelligence community and the vigilence of citizens since that time that have seemingly stopped a number of potential incidents. Remember the fallen. Remember how valuable and precious life is.