• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8/31 Turds @ Pip Squeaks

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cainer not doing too badly, being only down 2, and 2 on no outs :)

edit: oh and Maeda looks to be going into his late season downturn already, as the dogs lose 5th straight, and Az keeps hammering HRs. Haha, Greinke might get 20 this year.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news...

Phillies won tonight!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we just agree that the Panda Reunion Tour has been a bust? He's hitting .218 for the Giants in 87 at bats, after slugging .212 with the Red Sox.

Play the kids, not the rotund has beens.
So you are saying he leads the team in hitting since he came back...

And that is a bust???

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we just agree that the Panda Reunion Tour has been a bust? He's hitting .218 for the Giants in 87 at bats, after slugging .212 with the Red Sox.

My biggest problem with Pablo coming back was that the Giants were going to cater to him.

Circumstances allowed him to reach the big leagues after not hitting in AAA that I will grant, but the big test will come when the season is over. Sandoval has shown that he is done. He's not a 3rd baseman, he's not a hitter. The Giants own his rights for 2 more years at next to nothing, but there's no ceiling there so what's the point?

This experiment should be over, but now the Giants have to go through ANOTHER goodbye series with him which makes me think they're going to put it off.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So MLB totally robbed Craw of a homer last night. Not sure if anyone saw it, but Craw hit one to the arcade. Anything that hits the green tin roof is a homer, and Craw's cleared that no problem, but the replay officials called it fan interference and a double. They obviously had no idea what the ground-rules were for AT&T. I've always wondered what goes on at the replay center in New York, it's obvious it's just a big joke of a system over there.

The Giants feed was ripping the replay center a new one. Utterly deserved. Conveniently, MLB.com only has the Cardinals' announcers reactions (and they don't have a clue what the ground rules either as well), and you can't access Jon and Kruk's commentary on it, but it was great, they weren't holding back. I'll see if I can find it.

MLB came out today and said that they were wrong and it should have been a homer, but that doesn't give Crawford his homerun back, and the fan was still ejected from the game, despite having no actual effect on the play.

Here's the homerun video:

Crawford's long RBI double

Here's MLB's empty statement:

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So MLB totally robbed Craw of a homer last night. Not sure if anyone saw it, but Craw hit one to the arcade. Anything that hits the green tin roof is a homer, and Craw's cleared that no problem, but the replay officials called it fan interference and a double. They obviously had no idea what the ground-rules were for AT&T. I've always wondered what goes on at the replay center in New York, it's obvious it's just a big joke of a system over there.

The Giants feed was ripping the replay center a new one. Utterly deserved. Conveniently, MLB.com only has the Cardinals' announcers reactions (and they don't have a clue what the ground rules either as well), and you can't access Jon and Kruk's commentary on it, but it was great, they weren't holding back. I'll see if I can find it.

MLB came out today and said that they were wrong and it should have been a homer, but that doesn't give Crawford his homerun back, and the fan was still ejected from the game, despite having no actual effect on the play.

Here's the homerun video:

Crawford's long RBI double

Here's MLB's empty statement:

The fan deserves an apology from MLB and season tickets for 2018 (wait, would that be punishment though?).

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except they have decided to not call up any kids. The has beens are this team's future, apparently.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't the umps on the field know the ground rules and couldn't they convey them to
Ny??? Criminy.