• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

8/30 GDT Suds @ PeaveMe

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peavy has thrown 2595 innings, 486 minors, and 2108 in the majors (before tonight). He is 33 (born 5/31/81)

OK, add 22 post-season innings for Peavy, making it 2617, plus 7 tonight, making it 2624 innings.

Vogelsong has thrown 1984 innings, 826 minors and 945 majors, and 213 in Japan. He is 37 (born 7/22/77)

Add 25 post-season innings fort Vogelsong, making it 2009 innings.
Thanks for that. I just did the in depth checking myself. I missed this post earlier.

So 600 less innings pitched, = not that big a diff. So Cal, you were righter than i was :)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for that. I just did the in depth checking myself. I missed this post earlier.

So 600 less innings pitched, = not that big a diff. So Cal, you were righter than i was :)

But your wrong caused good research and learning for us all.

I think you win.

:suds:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been waiting to see Lincecum out of the Pen since he was bounced, but our starters have been so dominant this last turn, barely anyone has had a chance to work out of the Pen. I can't think of the last time a National League bullpen has ever been so rested going into the last days of August. Usually team's bullpens are reeling leading into September, but the Giants are solid right now.

I am becoming positive towards the team again.

The struggles opened the door for 3 solid contributors from the farm (1 current starter, 1 future starter, and 1 util/future starter).

We have 1 hands-down Ace, 3 solid #2 starters and one stud reliever who can start on a moments notice and when on, is the best pitcher in the game.

Our Bully is Nailz. The numbers may or may not translate to #1, but they are certainly championship caliber (they have the jewelry to prove it), and that's all that matters.

Add to that we are only 2.5 back (knowing that the doggies remaining schedule is the easiest in baseball) and we may pull this thing off after all.

Yes, I am saying we have a chance...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am becoming positive towards the team again.

The struggles opened the door for 3 solid contributors from the farm (1 current starter, 1 future starter, and 1 util/future starter).

We have 1 hands-down Ace, 3 solid #2 starters and one stud reliever who can start on a moments notice and when on, is the best pitcher in the game.

Our Bully is Nailz. The numbers may or may not translate to #1, but they are certainly championship caliber (they have the jewelry to prove it), and that's all that matters.

Add to that we are only 2.5 back (knowing that the doggies remaining schedule is the easiest in baseball) and we may pull this thing off after all.

Yes, I am saying we have a chance...

Panik, Duffy and Ishi have really steadied the ship. Great additions. Panik has far exceeded my expectations, offensively and defensively. He has solved one of our biggest problems of the season and has sealed his future with us.

FYWW has a chance to get even better in a few days. Hunter Strickland is going to make a difference, and we'll see how Timmy responds.

And we still haven't seen a team in the NL set themselves apart. It looked like the Nats might, but then we rolled in, and while we lost 2 of 3, we easily could have won the series if we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot, and then the Nats went out and got swept by Philly. They seem to be heating up again though. My point is, besides the Nats, no one has made a very good case. The league is wide open, as is the division.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants win 5th game in a row..3-1 over Brewers

I love the sound of of a 5 game Giants win streak and tonight that sound was singing proud. Giants came to play again behind the bulldog Jake Peavy. Peavy is a old fashioned red ass from days past where a guy busts his ass and expects the same from everyone else on the team. Every team needs a couple of red ass's to keep that edge. Just a fantastic effort from(Alabama 22) Peavy who growled with his eyes at the Brewers batters all night. His no-hitter was intact all the way in into the 8th inning and those last few innings he did it on fumes. Brandon Crawford made two of the most fantastic plays at SS you will see all season and Panda made a throw from Marin to get a hitter at first for a nice play. Pagan made a play early in the game going all the way to the wall in center and having to make a catch looking directly into a bright sun. Peavy's line was impressive 7 2/3 innings 1H 0 ER and 8 strikeouts on 113 gut check pitches.

All three of the Giants runs came in the 4th inning as Michael Morse smashed a double to deep center to score Panda and the superspeedy one Pence. Crawford followed later in the inning with a single to score Morse and from then on out it was Peavy doing his thing as he applauded the boys on defense along the way. Romo slammed the door shut in the 8th with two on and the Brewers threatening throwing a three strike AB and as he rolled off the mound into the dugout you get the feeling he is back. Casillla had a interesting 9th but did get the save with the help of Joe Panik at 2nd base who might of saved the game with a tremendous wide stab of a throw from Sandoval who had to dive for a ball and rush a throw. Panik held the bag and got a important out.

Everything worked out for the Giants who look loose and ready to close the gap in the NL West. The Dodgers lead is down to 2 1/2 games and 2 in the loss column. The Giants now have improved their home record to 37-33 after coming into the homestand one game under .500. The we believe movement gained momentum tonight and a 6 game win streak sounds even better to me. Hopefully the Giants sing that song Sunday under the sun. A nice 3-1 win as the boys shined on a Saturday night.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap::boxing::headbanger::peace::yes:

on youtube..

Brad Paisley - American Saturday Night

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panik, Duffy and Ishi have really steadied the ship. Great additions. Panik has far exceeded my expectations, offensively and defensively. He has solved one of our biggest problems of the season and has sealed his future with us.

FYWW has a chance to get even better in a few days. Hunter Strickland is going to make a difference, and we'll see how Timmy responds.

And we still haven't seen a team in the NL set themselves apart. It looked like the Nats might, but then we rolled in, and while we lost 2 of 3, we easily could have won the series if we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot, and then the Nats went out and got swept by Philly. They seem to be heating up again though. My point is, besides the Nats, no one has made a very good case. The league is wide open, as is the division.

And this new turnaround buzz, all without Belt which I would not have predicted...:scratch:

And Pagan was out so long he was almost like a new player being added to the team, but perfectly fitting a need.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am finally enjoying this season in a way I haven't since early June

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Brewers starter tonight looks tough, Peavy will have to be on his game methinks.

Dude was on his game. :nod:

I already love this guy as a Giant

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the forgotten man, Matt Cain. Again, not a guess I would have made that we'd resurge without him helping one bit.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If BB9 comes back in two weeks, we'll have a lineup of:

Oxy
Panik
MVP
Panda
Herk
BB9
Beast
Stamos

That's a 7 deep lineup (and a guy who needs surgery)....

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If BB9 comes back in two weeks, we'll have a lineup of:

Oxy
Panik
MVP
Panda
Herk
BB9
Beast
Stamos

That's a 7 deep lineup (and a guy who needs surgery)....

You've been harping on the Crawford injury thing every day.He.didn't look injured last night...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've been harping on the Crawford injury thing every day.He.didn't look injured last night...

It's been reported. He's had a sore shoulder for months. I knew he was injured; that's the only way too explain his sudden drop off in production.

As for last night, that's the ultimate of SSS. One great play (and it was great) or great night doesn't mean he's not injured.