• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8.28.20 Battle of the Buyers . . . Or Sellers?

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yastrezemski - cf
Dickerson - lf
Longoria - 3b
Belt - 1b
Flores - dh
Solano - 2b
Crawford - ss
Bart - c
Rickard - rf

So why is it Rickard comes up and gets playing time everyday? How about make this the sink or swim year for Duggar? Just play him for the rest of the year. If he does nothing, move on. Or bring up Chris Shaw and let him start for more than one week for crying out loud.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yastrezemski - cf
Dickerson - lf
Longoria - 3b
Belt - 1b
Flores - dh
Solano - 2b
Crawford - ss
Bart - c
Rickard - rf

So why is it Rickard comes up and gets playing time everyday? How about make this the sink or swim year for Duggar? Just play him for the rest of the year. If he does nothing, move on. Or bring up Chris Shaw and let him start for more than one week for crying out loud.

And the problem is they are mashing LHP, but getting mashed by RHP. And Rickard is a righty. Makes no sense to me.

This offense, so good during the win streak, is now on vacation. They are not walking or taking pitches. And situational hitting doesn't exist. Perhaps that extra inning win over the Dogs was the high point of the season, and it WAS a high point. :nod:

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the problem is they are mashing LHP, but getting mashed by RHP. And Rickard is a righty. Makes no sense to me.

This offense, so good during the win streak, is now on vacation. They are not walking or taking pitches. And situational hitting doesn't exist. Perhaps that extra inning win over the Dogs was the high point of the season, and it WAS a high point. :nod:
One run in the past 20 innings (thank you, Evan Longoria). Sheesh! At least they didn't wait until after the trading deadline this year to turn back into pumpkins.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overused?
Maybe? Still one of the better hitters on this team, even with this slump.
The same cannot be said for Alex Dickerson though. He is 10 for 58 this month, with only 3 extra base hits, and 8 walks.
A month ago, the Giants' outfield looked like a strength offensively, with Dickerson, Yastrzemski and Slater. Now Slater is on the IL, Dickerson hasn't hit in the last month and Yaz is starting to get a bit cold with the bat too.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe? Still one of the better hitters on this team, even with this slump.
The same cannot be said for Alex Dickerson though. He is 10 for 58 this month, with only 3 extra base hits, and 8 walks.
A month ago, the Giants' outfield looked like a strength offensively, with Dickerson, Yastrzemski and Slater. Now Slater is on the IL, Dickerson hasn't hit in the last month and Yaz is starting to get a bit cold with the bat too.

Yaz cannot carry a team like Belt can. I have noticed Dickerson really slumping, too.

Huge talent gap remains between the Dogs and us. Even the Dogs' worst hitters are at least more disciplined than ours, and have decent at bats.

It's a shame, the seven game winning streak lied to us about the current state of the team. In a short season. Enjoyed it while it lasted. The regression to the norm will be painful. But I at least hope some of the younger players get some time. And I am thrilled that Bart is playing. Even if (when) he struggles, it is valuable experience going forward. He wasn't going to get this experience in Sacramento with scrimmages and drills.

I'd be OK with Pablo being released and this point. He is doing nothing for the team.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yaz cannot carry a team like Belt can. I have noticed Dickerson really slumping, too.

Huge talent gap remains between the Dogs and us. Even the Dogs' worst hitters are at least more disciplined than ours, and have decent at bats.

It's a shame, the seven game winning streak lied to us about the current state of the team. In a short season. Enjoyed it while it lasted. The regression to the norm will be painful. But I at least hope some of the younger players get some time. And I am thrilled that Bart is playing. Even if (when) he struggles, it is valuable experience going forward. He wasn't going to get this experience in Sacramento with scrimmages and drills.

I'd be OK with Pablo being released and this point. He is doing nothing for the team.
I'm okay with Pablo going as well. Bring Jaylin Davis or Chris Shaw up and let them play. I'm okay with walking away from Rickard and, really, Dickerson at this point as well. Of course, if they don't stick around, the 60 player depth becomes really shallow, unless the team re-stocks a bit with some major league ready (or close to ready) talent before the trade deadline.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with Pablo going as well. Bring Jaylin Davis or Chris Shaw up and let them play. I'm okay with walking away from Rickard and, really, Dickerson at this point as well. Of course, if they don't stick around, the 60 player depth becomes really shallow, unless the team re-stocks a bit with some major league ready (or close to ready) talent before the trade deadline.

Yeah, not sure why keeping 29 year olds or 32 year olds who aren't performing around this season is helpful in the long run. I get that it's a short season, and a week (see Belt, Brandon) can make a huge difference in our perception.

We didn't hit lefties at all last year, so I get stacking the roster with right handed bats. But we still need some lefty bats to go against RHP, and aside for Yaz, and lately Belt and Craw, no one is carrying any weight there.

Flores has been a decent addition. Dude can rake. Can't field, but he can rake. And by all reports, seems like a good dude.

In FZ we trust, eh? ;)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lied to us?

It was telling us stories like the freshman getting drunk for the first time telling everyone “I totally love you, dude”.

If you believe he actually loves you (aka “the Giants are good”), that’s on you.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lied to us?

It was telling us stories like the freshman getting drunk for the first time telling everyone “I totally love you, dude”.

If you believe he actually loves you (aka “the Giants are good”), that’s on you.
:scratch:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the box score, straight up #weaklink.

SPs gotta be better