• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8/27 Baby Bears @ The Bum

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted a few weeks ago you chumps would win the Division. We just helped you out now, and we'll smack around Los Doyers this weekend. You're welcome. - The Cubs

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted a few weeks ago you chumps would win the Division. We just helped you out now, and we'll smack around Los Doyers this weekend. You're welcome. - The Cubs

Yeah, yeah. Like we didn't shit the bed in Chitago last week. Hopefully, we see youse guys in da playoffs.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

May it be so. Thanks for joining us. The Cubs look awfully strong. Go beat the Doyers. Sweep 'em if you want.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, please take out your frustrations from the past two games once you go down to Los Angeles. - Sincerely, the Giants.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the team has a good bullpen when, out of the four pitchers who appeared today for the Giants, the one with the highest ERA is Bumgarner.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just spitballin here but if KT wins the CF job next year, I'd seriously consider this batting order:

Aoki
Panik
Duffy
Posey
Pence
Belt
Craw
P
KT

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just spitballin here but if KT wins the CF job next year, I'd seriously consider this batting order:

Aoki
Panik
Duffy
Posey
Pence
Belt
Craw
P
KT
:agree:

And that is a damned good lineup.

I would actually half-expect Aoki to fall on his face and KT to take over the top spot.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This lineup put on 9 runs?!

Was listening on the radio while on the road, sounded like a real exciting game.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked filthy in the 8th (at least on the one batter I saw him pitch to).

I hope Boch runs him out there a lot in September. He looks real good, but I want to see what he's made of and if he's a serious candidate for 2016.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a good chance the dogs lose two this weekend. That means all we have to do to keep pace is avoid the sweep. That means we go into The Series down 2.5, which means we can seriously "plan" to be down 1.5 coming out of that series.

Then we start our puff-schedule, so, like I have said numerous times before, I like our position.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Boch runs him out there a lot in September. He looks real good, but I want to see what he's made of and if he's a serious candidate for 2016.
He's an interesting story. Drafted by the Braves in the 4th round in 2005, he was moved fairly aggressively up the farm system considering his age and numbers. He first reached triple A at 23 years old and was a minor league free agent before he even turned 25. He stunk at double A the year the Padres had him but pitched well the next year at two levels for the Nationals. He got shut down before rosters expanded, I bet he would have made his big league debut that year if he was healthy. He didn't look all that crisp last year in 8 appearances in our farm system last year but I am sure glad that they brought him back in 2015. He may be one of those late bloomers that can give the team a few solid years in the bullpen.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an interesting story. Drafted by the Braves in the 4th round in 2005, he was moved fairly aggressively up the farm system considering his age and numbers. He first reached triple A at 23 years old and was a minor league free agent before he even turned 25. He stunk at double A the year the Padres had him but pitched well the next year at two levels for the Nationals. He got shut down before rosters expanded, I bet he would have made his big league debut that year if he was healthy. He didn't look all that crisp last year in 8 appearances in our farm system last year but I am sure glad that they brought him back in 2015. He may be one of those late bloomers that can give the team a few solid years in the bullpen.
KCYa was a cast-off that has done amazingly well for us over 6 season so far. Petit was a cast-off. Heck, Strickland was a waiver claim.

The Giants have the other teams scouted VERY well, and they know when to pounce.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm curious to know more about his story as he spends time with the big club.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KCYa was a cast-off that has done amazingly well for us over 6 season so far. Petit was a cast-off. Heck, Strickland was a waiver claim.

The Giants have the other teams scouted VERY well, and they know when to pounce.

In Tidrow we trust.

Didn't we use to have a poster go by that name? Maybe he was the man himself. I would love to hear that guy talk about pitching.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a good chance the dogs lose two this weekend. That means all we have to do to keep pace is avoid the sweep. That means we go into The Series down 2.5, which means we can seriously "plan" to be down 1.5 coming out of that series.

Then we start our puff-schedule, so, like I have said numerous times before, I like our position.

If we are more than 1.5 down on Monday, it'll be a disappointment.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are more than 1.5 down on Monday, it'll be a disappointment.
I think 1.5 is a solid goal, but we are still going against the Cards with a glorified AAA lineup. A bad-sweep is not out of the question.

However, given the fact that the dogs are beat up as well (Puig potentially down for an extended time with a hammy), 1.5 may be a conservative goal. The Chubs are no joke.